Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.4%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 62.6%

• Total voters
I agree the ride badly needs a(nother) refresh, but what would changing it to JW do? It’ll look great for the first year or so and then run into the same maintenance issues the JP version has. Honestly, based on Hollywood, maybe even less than a year. I vote keep it classic JP… just take the time to fix what’s broken.

I agree the ride badly needs a(nother) refresh, but what would changing it to JW do? It’ll look great for the first year or so and then run into the same maintenance issues the JP version has. Honestly, based on Hollywood, maybe even less than a year. I vote keep it classic JP… just take the time to fix what’s broken.
I think they can do both - rebrand to JW while not doing the Hollywood redo route. Either way, it needs a major refurbishment outside of the normal winter downtime.

The branding doesn’t matter at all outside of these boards. The GP doesn’t care one iota nor notice.

If it was rebranded as “Jurassic world”, they’d still sell the Jurassic park classic t-shirts and gear everywhere. And vice versa w/ Jurassic world gear and staying J.P.

Rebranding is entirely pointless if the ride is staying the same.

I don't know guys it sounds like an authentic Jurassic Park experience to me
56fcd358ba7f271524b832cbcab7d053.gif

If the current condition of the attraction is going to be the status quo for months-on-end going forward (and to be clear, it should not be), I really think Universal should consider putting up some version of a "Technical Rehearsal" sign (pick another word instead of rehearsal), saying something like, "Not all effects may be working, etc."

It is just not appropriate (to say nothing of good show) to believe that guests are getting a proper, full experience from the attraction as-is.

The branding doesn’t matter at all outside of these boards. The GP doesn’t care one iota nor notice.

If it was rebranded as “Jurassic world”, they’d still sell the Jurassic park classic t-shirts and gear everywhere. And vice versa w/ Jurassic world gear and staying J.P.

Rebranding is entirely pointless if the ride is staying the same.

Eh. It doesn't bother me either way - but a simple name change can become the "All-New" for marketing purposes.

Lipstick on a pig and all that.

If the current condition of the attraction is going to be the status quo for months-on-end going forward (and to be clear, it should not be), I really think Universal should consider putting up some version of a "Technical Rehearsal" sign (pick another word instead of rehearsal), saying something like, "Not all effects may be working, etc."

It is just not appropriate (to say nothing of good show) to believe that guests are getting a proper, full experience from the attraction as-is.
I think the issue is closing during the Summer season, which is ending soon. We'll see if that's what they've been waiting for.

Eh. It doesn't bother me either way - but a simple name change can become the "All-New" for marketing purposes.

Lipstick on a pig and all that.
I love the JP theming. Obviously the original is best, that score is fantastic, it's a true classic.

I can understand them wanting to go with the newer branding though. Those movies still did great at box office, recency bias so people are more familiar with them, etc..

As long as the ride gets some TLC that's all that matters.

Often, when attractions are queued for an extensive refurb, they deteriorate into a sad state before it's their turn. And the fact the Ultrasaur has been MIA for a while hints a more extensive refurb to come.

Maybe Bio can get a shot of the Ultrasaur Lagoon. I suspect the animatronic has been removed. I don't think JPRA will get the USH JW retheme. But possibly a new Garner Holt Long Neck.

I would love for a version of the Mosasaur screens to make it's way to Isla Aventura, just not in JPRA. My preference would be a below sidewalk viewing area infront of the Discovery Center where Velocicoaster's Mosasaur roll is.

Since we’re getting a Zelda boat ride, rumored at least… is there any chance this becomes Jurassic World Adventure from Beijing? I don’t know if it’d even fit, just throwing this out here for discussion sake.

Regardless, something needs to be done here. I have friends going to UOR in November and they’re big Jurassic people, I feel I should warn them about this. They’ve never been to UOR.

Since we’re getting a Zelda boat ride, rumored at least… is there any chance this becomes Jurassic World Adventure from Beijing? I don’t know if it’d even fit, just throwing this out here for discussion sake.

Regardless, something needs to be done here. I have friends going to UOR in November and they’re big Jurassic people, I feel I should warn them about this. They’ve never been to UOR.
Warn them! There is......get ready for a long list of complaints.......no ultrasaur, barely moving Psittacasaur(Sp?), generally ok baby Steg with a half stuck lower jaw, head and neck not operating stegosaurus, compies work, mal-timed raptor cage, both raptors stuck in place with poor lower jaw head, neck, and arm movement, Dilo's are fine but used to be better, and the Rex seemed to be operating great.

Please Universal, this is my favorite ride, either fix it or bulldoze it for the Beijing Ride. Heck if you want to keep JP theming maybe you can do a JP Version where instead of the Indominus, the Rex chases your car? Bring back the old explorer concept, the ride tech is here now.

I like the idea of theming it to Jurassic World, with the ‘detour’ taking us through an abandoned and overgrown Jurassic Park facility. That gives the aesthetic out front a unified look while still paying tribute to the older movies.
I’ve always thought this would be the best route to take, but at this point I’d just take some working animatronics and effects.

I really believe that a refresh of the ride would remain JP themed and not JW, simply because you’d also have to retheme the entire land if the River Adventure switches to JW. Wouldn’t make sense for there to be two major JW attractions in a land themed to JP.