Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate how much the "show building" towers over the facades. Can't unsee it.

Sadly, I think the GP will actually enjoy this ride & think its "OMGZ amazing"... Remember, we have BOTH Kong 360 & Supercharged on the Studio Tour. It pains me everytime I have to experience both, but hearing guests cheer & praise either attraction (especially Supercharged), it makes me die a little inside... and fear for the future of the theme park world.

Guests level of intelligence has his an all time low... I find myself observing people around me & it baffles me overhearing things they say in regards to the park OR seeing them with their face(s) buried in their phones instead of enjoying the park around them. So like I said, they'll enjoy this.

Supercharged is a terrible representation of the franchise... but then again, I say the same thing about "Fate of the Furious".
Unfortunately F&F has star power...The Rock is liked by a lot of people and of course they've made 85 films on the fast and furious....My personal favorite is Fast and Furious 83: Vin Deisel visits the Last Kmart

I think I will whine on page 180... I loved the whole Disaster attraction it was long, and unique and always fun and slightly different every time. It was interactive and everyone always seemed to really enjoy it. blah this ride looks LAME.
Thats because the people who worked there LOVED it and were a close team (I know, I was one of them). Single most fun job I ever had.

Reactions: Eckert
It was a "Words of HateToFly" post from years back where he said that Disaster was slated to become Kong. Apparently they changed their mind. I looked for the post, but couldn't find it. I did come across something that made me chuckle though.

King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Not to get too off-topic, but reading back through that thread is quite illuminating. I maintain that the ride those in-the-know were hinting towards is not really the ride we got (when we get down to the fine details). I have to believe some significant show elements were cut at some point.

Not to get too off-topic, but reading back through that thread is quite illuminating. I maintain that the ride those in-the-know were hinting towards is not really the ride we got (when we get down to the fine details). I have to believe some significant show elements were cut at some point.

giphy.gif

The attitude towards this ride feels like Fallon's reaction prior to opening. It's a win for everyone because even if you do not like it, lines will be spread throughout the park.

If Universal keeps this up with the overused 3D simulator rides, they're gonna lose out its audience to Disney. People are going to get on it, but they will either have mixed or negative reception that will keep guests away from Universal theme parks.

If Universal keeps this up with the overused 3D simulator rides, they're gonna lose out its audience to Disney. People are going to get on it, but they will either have mixed or negative reception that will keep guests away from Universal theme parks.

F&F is the last screen based ride Universal is adding to their parks as of now:
Dragon Challenge replacement won't depend on screens.
Nintendo, no screens, only projected backgrounds.
4th Gate, some but not in abundance.

In addition, Shrek 4D & Terminator are on Uni's short list of demolition. So keep that in mind.

In addition, Shrek 4D & Terminator are on Uni's short list of demolition. So keep that in mind.

In a strange sense, I am completely fine with Supercharged being the last Screen-Digital Based attraction to that scale, as we have multiple projects down in the pipeline that will put a large emphasis on practicality and physical immersion.

Reactions: Mad Dog
In a strange sense, I am completely fine with Supercharged being the last Screen-Digital Based attraction to that scale, as we have multiple projects down in the pipeline that will put a large emphasis on practicality and physical immersion.
Yes. I can live with one 360 screen attraction in each park (Studio & IOA), since it's really the best 3D I've ever experienced. I just hope they improve on the non 360 scenes and experiences since those were what really seem to have made the F&F at Hollywood fairly weak. If F&F gets plussed as much as Reign of Kong did (extra experiences and better 360 definition), it could be OK. Not great, but OK....The future attractions are going to be a different emphasis, as Alexshow says, so the screen debate is really moot...And, none of that seems to have dissuaded the general public. Universals revenue & attendance increases have been through the roof since 2010. The GP often has quite different views than theme park enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I'm well aware of these changes, I'm just saying if Universal keeps up with the 3D simulator rides, then they're losing out their guests. BTW, Shrek 4D at Universal Studios Hollywood is getting replaced by DreamWorks Theatre, which is about time considering Shrek 4D is outdated and unpopular.