Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Should I bring up Omnimovers, Boat Rides, and Circle Visions or let this one go? Guests don't care as long as you give them a different story to tell. It's the same reason you can have 5 steel roller coasters in an amusement park.

And yet people "complained" for years that Epcot's rides were too much alike and now we have Spaceship Earth and that's it.

Reactions: Nick
I thought the queue was virtual....and also, so. much. wasted. spaceeee...
Virtual queue is never been translated as "no queue". There are 2 parts in that system, one of the is the return time ticket, the other one is the holding area where they keep you a decent amount of time entertained. That entertainment area takes up space. The bigger the ride vehicles the bigger the group they need in the entertainment space to optimally run the attraction.

Reactions: Joel and Quint
Virtual queue is never been translated as "no queue". There are 2 parts in that system, one of the is the return time ticket, the other one is the holding area where they keep you a decent amount of time entertained. That entertainment area takes up space. The bigger the ride vehicles the bigger the group they need in the entertainment space to optimally run the attraction.
I thought I saw switch backs and got super confused...perhaps they are elevations?

On the bright side, maybe in 10 years when this franchise becomes totally irrelevant, they can easily add an entirely new attraction, like a coaster or dark ride. (After all, it's just a giant warehouse with screens.) Sorta like Kongfrontation and Mummy. :shrug:

I think I will whine on page 180... I loved the whole Disaster attraction it was long, and unique and always fun and slightly different every time. It was interactive and everyone always seemed to really enjoy it. blah this ride looks LAME.

I think I will whine on page 180... I loved the whole Disaster attraction it was long, and unique and always fun and slightly different every time. It was interactive and everyone always seemed to really enjoy it. blah this ride looks LAME.
I'm not much of a complainer on what Universal is doing, although a bit baffled at some of the projects, but ride time has ALWAYS been one of my most critical points for Universal. These newer attractions are helping capacity with the longer queues but are shorter/and or similar than some of the experiences they used to create. Hopefully that is addressed soon for more of a balance.

I hate this IP so much, that I may never even bother riding it. I mean I hated the Transformers movies too, but at least I have some nostalgia for the old 80s cartoon and toys.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I'm not much of a complainer on what Universal is doing, although a bit baffled at some of the projects, but ride time has ALWAYS been one of my most critical points for Universal. These newer attractions are helping capacity with the longer queues but are shorter/and or similar than some of the experiences they used to create. Hopefully that is addressed soon for more of a balance.

But Kong is now the longest ride at the resort! Meanwhile, Kong reviews:

"Too short." "Ride is fun but short." "So many screenz, so little time." "It was good but felt short." "So short."

But Kong is now the longest ride at the resort! Meanwhile, Kong reviews:

"Too short." "Ride is fun but short." "So many screenz, so little time." "It was good but felt short." "So short."
Yeah but sitting for a good portion of the ride in an oversize vehicle definitely doesn't make one feel as though they are riding, instead it feels like being in a 360 dome of some sort like Turtle Trek. SO I can understand the "Seems short" . Kong is a blur. A Fun exciting blue. That's Creatives fault.

Reactions: Jones14
I'm doing a shorter trip next year and actually skipping Universal & just doing Disney and Seaworld..because I like new things and I'd rather go back to Pandora than even try this thing out.

I think that's fair. I don't think F&F is going to be a big draw.

2019 though, what a year for Orlando :clap:

Reactions: UAN17
I'm doing a shorter trip next year and actually skipping Universal & just doing Disney and Seaworld..because I like new things and I'd rather go back to Pandora than even try this thing out.
Sea Worlds, last two additions are really great experiences. Definitely a must do if you have not been in a while!

Sea Worlds, last two additions are really great experiences. Definitely a must do if you have not been in a while!

We went this year. Mako was probably worth the entrance fee alone. But since that visit they'll have the VR on Kraken which is probably worth a go (plus we actually get to go on it without as it was shut this year). Plus Infinity falls.

The only downside is we are going around sept/oct so will miss out on HHN, but atleast we get to try Seaworlds which I've heard is also pretty good.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Yeah but sitting for a good portion of the ride in an oversize vehicle definitely doesn't make one feel as though they are riding, instead it feels like being in a 360 dome of some sort like Turtle Trek. SO I can understand the "Seems short" . Kong is a blur. A Fun exciting blue. That's Creatives fault.

It was great but the ending was weird.

I love a good AA but I almost feel as if it would have actually worked better as an attraction to replace the Kong AA with a closing screen based scene. It wouldn't have felt as random. In reality though, an AA based ride with screens supporting (say an updated Dinosaur) is what I incorrectly imagined when this was being built.

Kong suffered because videos came out a week before previews of Shanghais Pirates, where the blending of screens and AAs was completely mind blowing. This in contrast failed to merge the 2 components and actually made Disney look ahead of the curve for the first time in years...they'd beaten Universal at their own game.

What concerns me is this ride was pretty much given the go ahead as Kong opened so I don't imagine there's been much progression in the use of screens.

I hate how much the "show building" towers over the facades. Can't unsee it.

Sadly, I think the GP will actually enjoy this ride & think its "OMGZ amazing"... Remember, we have BOTH Kong 360 & Supercharged on the Studio Tour. It pains me everytime I have to experience both, but hearing guests cheer & praise either attraction (especially Supercharged), it makes me die a little inside... and fear for the future of the theme park world.

Guests level of intelligence has hit an all time low... I find myself observing people around me & it baffles me overhearing things they say in regards to the park OR seeing them with their face(s) buried in their phones instead of enjoying the park around them. So like I said, they'll enjoy this.

Supercharged is a terrible representation of the franchise... but then again, I say the same thing about "Fate of the Furious".

Last edited: