Fantastic Four (2025) | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Four (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 27, 2015
Since it’s announced!

Let’s fan cast this thing!

Older cast

Reed Richards - Rahul Kohli (iZombie, Bly Manor)
Sue Storm - Kaley Cuoco (The Flight Attendant,
Johnny Storm - Sam Caflin (Hunger Games)
Ben Grimm - Armie Hammer

Younger Cast
Reed - Dev Patel
Sue - Olivia Cooke
Johnny Storm - Joe Keery (Stranger Things)
Ben - Harry Melling

Victor Von Doom, I don’t dare cast.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know they’re getting older - but if they don’t cast John Krasinski and Emily Blunt as Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic, that’s such a missed opportunity. Fans have been dream casting that for years and John said he would want to.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I mean, it'd be pretty dumb if they didn't go with older for Fantastic Four.

I'm on a similar thought as NYG, it really isn't out of the realm of question for Krasinski and Blunt to play the two. They're still perfectly in good age to where it could absolutely work.

though I will say, Armie Hammer would kill it as The Thing.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Mads Mikkelsen could have been an incredible Victor Von Doom, but they already used him in DOCTOR STRANGE.

It needs to be cast with an actor who has some imposing and sinister qualities, sure, but also a bit of gravitas befitting a world leader/head of state. He and Reed's actor have to be on a similar level, assuming they stick (at least vaguely) to their comics history.

Reactions: SeventyOne
If I’m being honest I’m not overly familiar with Fantastic Four outside of select characters. I’m not a big comic guy and I’ve never seen any of the movies either because of how bad the reaction to all of them has been.

I’m definitely looking forward to this though.

Doom fan casting... (because I’m a bored dreamer)

Realistic but unlikely possibilities -

Joaquin Phoenix
Bryan Cranston
Guy Pearce
Javier Bardem

Perfect casting that would never happen
- Daniel Day Lewis

Reactions: belloq87

Joaquin Phoenix
Bryan Cranston
Guy Pearce
Javier Bardem

- Daniel Day Lewis
DDL has “retired” anyway, right?

Mads Mikkelsen could have been an incredible Victor Von Doom, but they already used him in DOCTOR STRANGE.

It needs to be cast with an actor who has some imposing and sinister qualities, sure, but also a bit of gravitas befitting a world leader/head of state. He and Reed's actor have to be on a similar level, assuming they stick (at least vaguely) to their comics history.

It's a similar vein to how they'll need to address Logan, Xavier and Eric once they come to the MCU; one that I wouldn't want to be in Jon Watt's position in.

On that note, I do think it means quite well for Spider-Man 3, as this will mark the first time that a standalone director has directed over 4 Marvel films completely for the MCU.

Joe and Anthony share the duo credits for four films, but not on a singular level for either director. Makes me interested to see what Watts cooks up for how the Four are introduced into the MCU.

Reactions: joelbryant11

Joaquin Phoenix
Bryan Cranston
Guy Pearce
Javier Bardem

- Daniel Day Lewis
Bardem's definitely got the right intensity, but if Doom's going to have any accent at all, it would need to be Eastern European... and Bardem sounds decidedly, well, not like that!

It's a similar vein to how they'll need to address Logan, Xavier and Eric once they come to the MCU; one that I wouldn't want to be in Jon Watt's position in.

The one thing in FFs favor compared to those other characters is that those other characters have already gotten cinematic incarnations that are kind of beloved, so anyone following in their footsteps is at a disadvantage.

With the Fantastic Four characters, there's almost literally nowhere to go but up!

Just getting to this thread now. I have soooooo much to say when it comes to the FF.

Dr. Doom should be saved for the second movie. I know there's some outspoken critics of the Dark Knight Trilogy here but you have to admit the choice to go with a few lesser known villains for the first movie and throw in a hint about Joker at the end was a pretty brilliant move.

And then Galactus for a third movie, I guess.

But seriously, for a first movie puh-leaze give us someone other than those two. Annihilus, Mole Man, Puppet Master, Wizard, Red Ghost, Namor, Super Skrull or Paibok (they already touched on the skrulls in Captain Marvel, so why not?), just someone different.

Also, they should be of different ages--one of the biggest and most underrated grievances of the Trank disaster IMO.

I know this won't happen but I would be completely okay with X-Men and FF being in their own separate timeline. I think the Avengers timeline has seen enough with Thanos lol.

But assuming they stick with the current timeline (oh, what the heck, they've already started dabbling in timelines with Endgame and now presumably No Way Home) maybe have the FF be from the '60s and working on research with the Negative Zone/Quantum Realm, get lost there, and somehow be transported to the present? Might be too similar to Cap and Ant Man's journey but IDK. I do think a sort of period piece would work.

As much as I despise seeing Disney buy everything, I'll take what good we can get out of it. :/

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfGlass
There was some chatter that Namor may be the “villain” in Black Panther 2 since Okoye mentioned a tsunami in Wakanda during Endgame.

I think the bigger question is if they’ll try to sprinkle Reed Richards and the FF origin into stories in advance. There are already so many “world’s best scientist” characters (Hank Pym, Shurri, Bruce), plus Tony’s lingering legacy, that it’s not too outlandish for them to “I know a guy” and introduce the characters. Then, with Captain Marvel 2/SWORD already present, they could expedite the space travel mishap origin.

If they do that, then having them “learning” against a lesser villain in their standalone movie makes sense. Doom should be a long-term threat across different heroes and movies, and Galactus is too big for anything but an Avengers-level Phase climax.

I just want Rahul Kohli as Reed.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
She also said that we are “inundated” with superhero content between movies and shows. And she’s not wrong.

Total Andrew Garfield denial situation....we are going to find out she’s Sue Storm at Comic Con next year when she takes the stage. :tease:

• Haha
Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
...aaaaannnnnddddd this is why we haven't heard anything about Fantastic Four since it was announced in 2020:

This isn't a bad move. Far from it.

Jon Watts and Marvel Studios made the decision amicably, and once things get proper down the road; Watts is expected to reteam with Holland and Zendaya for the next major Spider-Man series. Giving Jon the break to let him do projects like the upcoming APPLETV+ Clooney/Pitt production, alongside other projects; feels very sensical that they eventually come back and touch grass.

As for who could direct..guessing it's Raimi or Peyton's game. Ant-Man & The Wasp Quantumania has been bumped to The Marvels spot, so I could see it being possible that Kevin Feige is wanting to get Peyton ready. And then again, Raimi isn't saying no to do more either; and Multiverse of Madness is set to come out next week. I think we'll hear who's directing sooner than later.

This isn't a bad move. Far from it.

Jon Watts and Marvel Studios made the decision amicably, and once things get proper down the road; Watts is expected to reteam with Holland and Zendaya for the next major Spider-Man series. Giving Jon the break to let him do projects like the upcoming APPLETV+ Clooney/Pitt production, alongside other projects; feels very sensical that they eventually come back and touch grass.

As for who could direct..guessing it's Raimi or Peyton's game. Ant-Man & The Wasp Quantumania has been bumped to The Marvels spot, so I could see it being possible that Kevin Feige is wanting to get Peyton ready. And then again, Raimi isn't saying no to do more either; and Multiverse of Madness is set to come out next week. I think we'll hear who's directing sooner than later.

Please be Peyton please be Peyton

Would be ironic if it was because of the mess Ant-Man was in the early stages. They went through multiple directors before things finally worked out with Peyton I believe.

I say that because Peyton pitched the idea of a 60s period piece to Fox, who predictably saw it as too risky. Looking at r/movies, though, they seem to hate the idea of Peyton directing.

Last edited:
Only interested if it's Peyton making it a stealth Down With Love 2. Barbara Novak and Catcher Block make cameos as journalists covering the 4.