Entrance Music and Announcements | Inside Universal Forums

Entrance Music and Announcements

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One that I recognize every time that you won't find on a movie soundtrack is the track "The Call To Adventure". It was composed for the Port of Entry area at Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure. It was on the park's original soundtrack when it opened in 1999. The soundtrack isn't sold at the park anymore but you can find the tracks here and there around the web. Here's a link to a youtube video featuring it. It's an AWESOME soundtrack.  Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLCC888152710161E0
Some other tracks on the soundtrack worth noting are "Grand Finale- The Adventure Lives On", a track meant to be played around park closing as you exited. "Jurassic Park Calypso" is a pretty cool steel drum take on the main theme from the film that played in the Jurassic Park area of IOA. 

Reactions: Krusty
Ugh.. Some of the songs on that soundtrack are to die for. I remember back in April when I went to the early admission for the Wizarding World, it was about 7 AM and the sun still wouldn't start to rise for another hour. The Port of Entry area (first "island" you experience in IOA) was completely deserted and quiet, with all the pretty lights on, and there was a nice song (forgot what it was called, but it added to the ambience) was playing as everyone quietly made their way to the Wizarding World. I took so many pictures.. It sounds stupid, but with the darkness and the music and the lights.. Agh it was amazing. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TPLNate
I'm going to say something that you're probably going to have a heart attack over but I truly believe Port of Entry is the best themed area in that entire park. Even moreso than Wizarding World (an area I know very well). It has a beautiful and unique charm to it that a lot of theme parks can't capture. Its always exciting when there are highly immersive themed areas built around original concepts and not movie or tv properties. I love a lot of attractions built around well known characters and stories but sometimes that can create boundaries for its design. Islands of Adventure is a park that had a great mix of both. But Port of Entry and Lost Continent (even whats left of it) were highly immersive and were completely original. 

I'm going to say something that you're probably going to have a heart attack over but I truly believe Port of Entry is the best themed area in that entire park. Even moreso than Wizarding World (an area I know very well). It has a beautiful and unique charm to it that a lot of theme parks can't capture. Its always exciting when there are highly immersive themed areas built around original concepts and not movie or tv properties. I love a lot of attractions built around well known characters and stories but sometimes that can create boundaries for its design. Islands of Adventure is a park that had a great mix of both. But Port of Entry and Lost Continent (even whats left of it) were highly immersive and were completely original. 
As an insanely huge Potter fan, I'm always gonna pick the Wizarding World over anything else.. but that's a very biased thing for me to say.  :lol: I completely understand, though, why someone would be fond of the Port of Entry. It's an environment with some sort of unique charm that you can't really understand unless you're actually experiencing it. I felt like I really experienced it to the fullest being there in the very wee hours of the morning since there weren't a bunch of crowds ruining it. Same goes for the Lost Continent - it's my least favorite island, (probably because it isn't themed to any fiction, unlike the other islands, which may be stupid to say) but it's sorta cool walking through and almost "discovering" it piece by piece at dawn. Islands of Adventure is a completely different park when the sun is down.

OK, time for me to chime in.  I am all about the musical scores within the park.  "The Call to Adventure" on the IOA score does have a faster pace than the version played in Hollywood.  I can pinpoint most of the music, but I am still working on others.

The Call To Adventure is the anthem of Universal Parks and Resorts. I'm pretty sure its played at every one of Universals Parks in some form.

Its definitely one of the best theme park songs out there.

Does anyone know the name of the two songs playing in the background of this video?
Yeah, anyone here know?

Would love to see a rundown of the tracks currently played if anyone is up for using Shazam or Soundhound to figure that out when in the park.

Speaking of which, what audio is currently played on the StarWay?  I remember KUSH Radio from the early 2000's, then Access Hollywood after that.  What are they using now?

They still use the Access Hollywood music and "the music in the movies" segments still. What's Ironic is that Access Hollywood used to play a part in the tour, but that ended.

I would love to see other ways to get to more creatively get to the lower lot, or use the StarWay as more of an experience, with narration, etc.  I'll have to brainstorm the idea more.  I know, a giant super silly fun slide!  I'm also up for a zip line.  Thoughts?

If any of you guys have ever seen the movie Hook, you'll recognize one of the pieces of music in that song is used for USH's entrance. The song is called "Remembering Childhood." The snippet used for the park's entrance can be heard towards the end of the song.

Reactions: Chris and William
Would love to see a rundown of the tracks currently played if anyone is up for using Shazam or Soundhound to figure that out when in the park.
Soundhound doesn't register anything. I can't recall whether or not those two specific tunes are from a Universal picture or what, but I've been trying to figure them out for quite a while.

Last edited by a moderator: