Early Morning Magic | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Early Morning Magic

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is me. Until I see them take away EMH I don't think this effects the general guest. I think if people are dumb enough to pay for it, go for it. Which I do think some people will. I still know people who have not ridden Mine Train because they can never get the fast passes for it. Which is why I am shocked they don't have the Princess M&G too which is also something people have issues doing.

As for capacity and Mine train being 1000 an hour. I think that the cap on the morning one will be around 1500 and not 3000. I think it is why they are keeping everyone in one area and only doing 3 rides. Keeps cost low as there will be less people.
Now I don't have direct info on this, but I feel confident in saying that the M&G's aren't open early because entertainment is expensive. Why do you think Character meals cost so much? Entertainment itself costs more per hour than it does for anything else. And of course people are still willing to pay it, but Entertainment is a huge reason.

They might not be doing Princess M&G since they're such low capacity. It wouldn't take all that many people out of the 3,000 to create a pretty long line...Just a guess, of course.

Reactions: SeventyOne
if emh is no longer a perk Disney will just add another fast pass the the deal.So instead of hotel guest just getting 3-4 they will get 4-5.
Except that then goes back to Disney's capacity problem. What do you use 5 FPs on at DHS? Especially with tiers? there's only 5 rides in the park! And Epcot has a similar problem.

Reactions: SeventyOne
They might not be doing Princess M&G since they're such low capacity. It wouldn't take all that many people out of the 3,000 to create a pretty long line...Just a guess, of course.

But to your point and NBT, they do have 2 M&Gs open for the night time hours one. Which again that one is 3000 capacity. I don't think the morning numbers have been confirmed yet.

Here is an article about it

What is Disney Early Morning Magic – Fantasyland and how much will it cost? | KennythePirate.com

Just says limited and doesn't say how much, but it does give more information about the breakfast.

Except that then goes back to Disney's capacity problem. What do you use 5 FPs on at DHS? Especially with tiers? there's only 5 rides in the park! And Epcot has a similar problem.
Good points. Because of those darn tiers, after I used my first two fastpasses at DHS & Epcot, I couldn't figure out what to use the third on. The other stuff didn't even have long lines, so why plug a time in that I had to be there.

Good points. Because of those darn tiers, after I used my first two fastpasses at DHS & Epcot, I couldn't figure out what to use the third on. The other stuff didn't even have long lines, so why plug a time in that I had to be there.

Yeah with Soarin down and Test Track being the only thing left, I couldn't even get TT. So I just got random ones, which ended up working well. I did Spaceship earth to line up when we were arriving. Which worked well since the line was 25 minutes long. Then did Nemo, just to cut the walking down lol Then we did Living with the Land, which allowed us to ride twice. Since it was my husband's birthday and he loves that ride, it was good. But really outside of Spaceship Earth it didn't make sense. But I schedule them for how we walk thru the park, so to me, there is no scheduling when we will be there. I know if we are going to Epcot at 1 PM, I make spaceship 12:15 to 1:15 and then Nemo/Soarin/Living with Land starting at 1:15. Since we head over there after Spaceship earth and do all of those. Obviously it is normally Soarin, but that wasn't an option. then I do the other one over there around 2:15 because with rider swap on Soarin we are over in that area for an hour. So I use our walking patterns we already do to schedule stuff. I do this in all the parks, I have it down to a science now lol

why is it that every Disney article I read is about how they want more money from us, but want to spend less on attractions/staffing/etc? It's already EXTREMELY expensive to visit the parks now. It's so out of hand. They have completely taken "the fun" out of visiting these parks, and turned every step you take into something that drains your wallet. I'm personally disgusted.

Reactions: Quint and Mad Dog
I don't agree the answer to EMH over crowding isn't paying for it now, but to open up more parks.

The issue I have with Disney carving out all these services for cost is Disney and Disney fans prior justification for the eye poppingly high hotel room prices was "you get things for free". EMH, ME, Wi-Fi, parking, etc. So as they continue to raise their hotel room prices now they're removing the justification for said high prices. It's insulting.

(Yes I understand EMH removal is just our speculation)

Reactions: Nick
why is it that every Disney article I read is about how they want more money from us, but want to spend less on attractions/staffing/etc? It's already EXTREMELY expensive to visit the parks now. It's so out of hand. They have completely taken "the fun" out of visiting these parks, and turned every step you take into something that drains your wallet. I'm personally disgusted.
Well, to be slightly fair, you aren't being forced to do any of these things.

I don't agree the answer to EMH over crowding isn't paying for it now, but to open up more parks.

The issue I have with Disney carving out all these services for cost is Disney and Disney fans prior justification for the eye poppingly high hotel room prices was "you get things for free". EMH, ME, Wi-Fi, parking, etc. So as they continue to raise their hotel room prices now they're removing the justification for said high prices. It's insulting.

(Yes I understand EMH removal is just our speculation)

I agree. That has been my point in this thread. If they remove EMH they are removing benefits that people factor into when staying on site. They remove enough of these or no longer make them free they would take those things away and less people can justify staying on site and will start to stay off site. I think this is a silly short term thought if they truly are doing this to get rid of EMH. My personal belief is they are not, but just trying to grab money out of people's pockets any way they can while cutting costs elsewhere.

I agree. That has been my point in this thread. If they remove EMH they are removing benefits that people factor into when staying on site. They remove enough of these or no longer make them free they would take those things away and less people can justify staying on site and will start to stay off site. I think this is a silly short term thought if they truly are doing this to get rid of EMH. My personal belief is they are not, but just trying to grab money out of people's pockets any way they can while cutting costs elsewhere.
Yup. I tried to make the same point on the MAGICal site and all I got was "but it's so convenient (to stay on-site)..." :bang:

Yup. I tried to make the same point on the MAGICal site and all I got was "but it's so convenient (to stay on-site)..." :bang:

Not when you have to pay for parking, pay for monorails, pay for busses, and then combine the fact some off site hotels are closer to some parks than Disney's....

Not when you have to pay for parking, pay for monorails, pay for busses, and then combine the fact some off site hotels are closer to some parks than Disney's....
Some great hotels like the Waldorf or the Hilton Bonnet Creek - are both right in the middle of it all, provide much better accommodations and service (as well as buses) and are about the price of a Disney moderate. Of course there's also the Four Seasons as well, which is one of the only 5 star hotels in Florida, and much cheaper than Disney's "Deluxe Resorts".

Or, ya know, they could just stay at Uni. People are just so blinded by the words "On-site" though.

Some great hotels like the Waldorf or the Hilton Bonnet Creek - are both right in the middle of it all, provide much better accommodations and service (as well as buses) and are about the price of a Disney moderate. Of course there's also the Four Seasons as well, which is one of the only 5 star hotels in Florida, and much cheaper than Disney's "Deluxe Resorts".

Or, ya know, they could just stay at Uni. People are just so blinded by the words "On-site" though.

With current benefits the people I know who stay on site stay because of the benefits including the dining plan. My understanding is when you compare the type of hotel you would stay at outside of the resort with the type you would stay in on site you can get some pretty good deals with the benefits included. Now if they start to take away those benefits people will start to recalculate those decisions.

My friends always stay on site and stays within walking distance of Epcot because that is their favorite park. I think they can walk to DHS too. So for them they only need a bus for AK and MK which they are skipping AK this year. They are also huge fans of the dining plan. They did not do it the first year and my understanding is they regretted it and have saved money doing it every year after that. And this is coming from someone who is pretty cheap and honestly could care less what he eats. He also crunches numbers like you would not believe and is pretty anal when it comes to planning. So I trust him when he says the dining plan has saved them money and they really enjoy it a lot. Staying off site means they would not be within walking distance, nor would they be able to do the dining plan, nor would they be able to do FP+ 60 days in advance which is huge for them since they have kids who want to do certain things like Mine Train and M&Gs. They avoid EMH day parks, so that benefit going away would be no biggie to them. But if they start touching the other stuff, I could see them being turned off. But right now they love their Disney vacations and come yearly. They are on no forums, are nowhere near pixie dusters, just a general Pittsburgh family who loves a good family vacation.

With current benefits the people I know who stay on site stay because of the benefits including the dining plan. My understanding is when you compare the type of hotel you would stay at outside of the resort with the type you would stay in on site you can get some pretty good deals with the benefits included. Now if they start to take away those benefits people will start to recalculate those decisions.

My friends always stay on site and stays within walking distance of Epcot because that is their favorite park. I think they can walk to DHS too. So for them they only need a bus for AK and MK which they are skipping AK this year. They are also huge fans of the dining plan. They did not do it the first year and my understanding is they regretted it and have saved money doing it every year after that. And this is coming from someone who is pretty cheap and honestly could care less what he eats. He also crunches numbers like you would not believe and is pretty anal when it comes to planning. So I trust him when he says the dining plan has saved them money and they really enjoy it a lot. Staying off site means they would not be within walking distance, nor would they be able to do the dining plan, nor would they be able to do FP+ 60 days in advance which is huge for them since they have kids who want to do certain things like Mine Train and M&Gs. They avoid EMH day parks, so that benefit going away would be no biggie to them. But if they start touching the other stuff, I could see them being turned off. But right now they love their Disney vacations and come yearly. They are on no forums, are nowhere near pixie dusters, just a general Pittsburgh family who loves a good family vacation.
Oh don't get me wrong, I love staying on property. My family actually bought into DVC 9 years ago (when it was still a good deal), but now we live so close, we mostly use our points for DCL, ABD or Disneyland now.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love staying on property. My family actually bought into DVC 9 years ago (when it was still a good deal), but now we live so close, we mostly use our points for DCL, ABD or Disneyland now.

I have never stayed on site. My family stayed either at a hotel off site or after my uncle moved down we stayed with him. Then my husband and I came down twice before we moved and we stayed at an off site hotel once and a time share another time. So while I would love to once stay on site, I am not sure I could ever convince my husband to spend money to do something like that.

This is me. Until I see them take away EMH I don't think this effects the general guest.

If guests who rope-drop race back to find hour-long lines on Mine Train and Pan (and possibly Dumbo or wherever the guests migrate), it most certainly affects them. Granted, were screwed by EMH as well, but this is just more days of that.

That said, I'm with Jungle Skip, EMH is certainly toast after this. Just trying to size up its exact replacement.

If guests who rope-drop race back to find hour-long lines on Mine Train and Pan (and possibly Dumbo or wherever the guests migrate), it most certainly affects them. Granted, were screwed by EMH as well, but this is just more days of that.

That said, I'm with Jungle Skip, EMH is certainly toast after this. Just trying to size up its exact replacement.

But I question whether this will happen. I think these people will easily get those 3 rides done in 1 1/2 hours and have moved onto other rides. So sure, other rides may have a small line, but I don't see those three being long from the beginning. But we will see. We are all trying to predict what will happen and none of us can. I don't even think Disney can predict what will happen.

So more information has been released on this.

Entrance will start at 7:45 AM and guided to Fantasyland where they will have access to Pooh, Peter Pan, and Mine train. $69 for adult and $49 for kids. Price includes a continental breakfast at Pinocchio between 8:30 AM and 10 AM. The article I read said that this will not replace EMH and is available to any guest to purchase.

So I was close with the breakfast being included and limited to popular rides. I said $50, looks like they are going for a higher price point at almost $70. I am surprised it does not include the Princess M&G in addition to those rides. I thought for sure it would include that too.

So to get this straight on some days this will actually net a 15 min advantage over emh guests, or is this just not competing on the emh days? either way it sounds like at park open at the magic kingdom for regular tickets would become not as much of an advantage. Also It seems super scummy to build low capacity rides at the world's most popular amusement park and then find a way to charge people extra because you didn't invest enough. I'm sure it's every park's dream to cheap out and charge you for it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
There's a market for it and Disney is going to offer it. I don't hate them for it. In fact, I love the night hours idea. Worth every penny.

Disney has never been for "poor" people.