Early Morning Magic | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Early Morning Magic

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So more information has been released on this.

Entrance will start at 7:45 AM and guided to Fantasyland where they will have access to Pooh, Peter Pan, and Mine train. $69 for adult and $49 for kids. Price includes a continental breakfast at Pinocchio between 8:30 AM and 10 AM. The article I read said that this will not replace EMH and is available to any guest to purchase.

So I was close with the breakfast being included and limited to popular rides. I said $50, looks like they are going for a higher price point at almost $70. I am surprised it does not include the Princess M&G in addition to those rides. I thought for sure it would include that too.
Basically we did early breakfast's twice at Be Our Guest to do essentially what they're now charging big time for. We'd get out of BOG and be the first few people on Peter Pan. Walk on to 7 Dwarfs. And then ride Mermaid & Pooh. All without fastpasses and all would be done quickly. Alas, another loophole closed. :fist:

Basically we did early breakfast's twice at Be Our Guest to do essentially what they're now charging big time for. We'd get out of BOG and be the first few people on Peter Pan. Walk on to 7 Dwarfs. And then ride Mermaid & Pooh. All without fastpasses and all would be done quickly. Alas, another loophole closed. :fist:

I am curious to see if these early reservations will go away or if they will still have them and on non-early access days you can still do this. Should be interesting how all this plays out in the end. But I am thinking early reservations would not go away because then they make less money. So I am thinking they stay and this is another money grab. I have heard Crystal Palace is another one as that let's you do Pirates, Splash, and Thunder several times with little to no lines.

Limited number of rides is the Achilles heel here. If the same numbers as evening event, 3,000 guests all rushing to Mine Train will created an instant hour plus line. Really shocked they didn't add at least one room of princesses to split the crowd.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So they will most likely offer this on the days when that park is not in EMH. Ugh, just keep putting their hands out to collect more $$.

Limited number of rides is the Achilles heel here. If the same numbers as evening event, 3,000 guests all rushing to Mine Train will created an instant hour plus line. Really shocked they didn't add at least one room of princesses to split the crowd.
Exactly. Those rides I was able to walk on to with the real early reservation will now be clogged the mornings they offer this. And the breakfast is just a cheap continental breakfast, never much to them, so there's no value there. At least the BOG breakfasts' were pretty good.Disney is really making it difficult to ride a lot of attractions in a short time, unless you do an upcharge package. Bet there's a lot more twists on this coming. I can envisage an upcharge Pandora package. And then an upcharge ToyStory package. And, of course, an upcharge Star Wars package, whatever decade that is completed by.

Last edited:
I have got to think the number of these will be less than 3000. With only 3 rides and a breakfast that they have to get people thru in 1 1/2 hours, I just can't see the sell out point being that high. I also can't see the demand for that price point being that high, so I can't see them doing this every morning. Maybe 2 or 3 a week at most. I just don't seeing this being successful.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I still say with this event and the nighttime one they're putting feelers out on how to implement a paid EMH, judging reactions, price points, attraction offerings, and perks.
Yes, I agree. It's all going to end up much more intensive than the original phase. I think Disney is intent on changing the way people visit their parks. And, it's going to end up being rigged, that if you want to be able to do more than seven, eight or nine attractions a day, you'll have to pay more. And if you don't, you'll have to stay more days to get everything in. There's a master plan out there no doubt, and right now they're testing the parameters of what will work and what won't. They're going to tighten the noose, close the touring loopholes, and manipulate your vacation to the max. It's not going to be pretty....Just my opinion, but, I'd place a wager on it.

so this month alone Disney came out with preferred parking where if you don't pay 35 you park in the back.Tiered day tickets where you pay more on busy days.Also the emh thing which is 150.Now im hearing that Disney is gonna make people start paying for WiFi which you need to book fast-passes.

so this month alone Disney came out with preferred parking where if you don't pay 35 you park in the back.Tiered day tickets where you pay more on busy days.Also the emh thing which is 150.Now im hearing that Disney is gonna make people start paying for WiFi which you need to book fast-passes.
Plus the new special fee for walking on the cracks between sidewalks. And the fee for breathing. Then there's the rumor of organ donor donation required if you want to park hop. Release of rights to your first born child though, at this point in time, are optional, but the MBA's are still studying that. ;)

Mine Train is not that much of a nightmare to get on that they need to introduce not one but two paid ticket add-ons that herald your chance to ride it with minimal wait.

At this rate, should they even include Frozstrom with park admission? :lol:

I still say with this event and the nighttime one they're putting feelers out on how to implement a paid EMH, judging reactions, price points, attraction offerings, and perks.

While I completely agree, I think they will bump up against the reality that EMH was never worth that much as a practical matter--with 50,000 hotel rooms, just too crowded. Every online source tells guests to avoid EMH to avoid crowds. For the cost they need to charge to make this profitable, there needs to be a noticable benefit offered.

The reason Mine Train has stupid lines is that its capacity is so low. Even if it's just 1,000 guests, if they all want to ride Mine Train--and with 3 rides open, they will--many (most?) will have spent $70 on one ride and a danish. The bad PR from that is killer. Not sure it's worth $7,000 less costs of staffing three rides and a restaurant and front gate and all resort-MK transportation for an extra 2 hours.

As long as Morning EMH stays, I don't care that this is a thing. But if they start taking resort perks away on-top of the new resort fee, then I don't see how they can justify that.

Not that they really care to justify it, though.

As long as Morning EMH stays, I don't care that this is a thing. But if they start taking resort perks away on-top of the new resort fee, then I don't see how they can justify that.

Not that they really care to justify it, though.

This is me. Until I see them take away EMH I don't think this effects the general guest. I think if people are dumb enough to pay for it, go for it. Which I do think some people will. I still know people who have not ridden Mine Train because they can never get the fast passes for it. Which is why I am shocked they don't have the Princess M&G too which is also something people have issues doing.

As for capacity and Mine train being 1000 an hour. I think that the cap on the morning one will be around 1500 and not 3000. I think it is why they are keeping everyone in one area and only doing 3 rides. Keeps cost low as there will be less people. I think they will all get to ride the 3 rides before 9 AM park opening and then go get breakfast. I still wouldn't pay the money and don't think it is worth it myself, but I am pretty sure some people will. Will it be a success? I would love to say no, but knowing people, it will be.

if emh is no longer a perk Disney will just add another fast pass the the deal.So instead of hotel guest just getting 3-4 they will get 4-5.