Disney's California Adventure Overhaul | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's California Adventure Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking threw the previous comments made (some all the way back to August 19, 2011) and laugh at how so many people on here talked rubbish about this project being doomed and how it was going to fail. I know it's still too early but there is no doubt in my mind that this park will thrive for many years to come. The reviews have been positive and the waits have been up to 6 hours long. Some people on here just like to see Disney fail. Guess their just drinking that hater-aid. Lol

Unnecessary, disrespectful, and just plain dumb. First of all, to criticize other people for being "haters" when they have much better, longer, and more respected reputations is not wise. Second, how would you like for someone to go back and find posts that you have made an then brought them back up?

Also, it's "through".

Last edited:
Unnecessary, disrespectful, and just plain dumb. First of all, to criticize other people for being "haters" when they have much better, longer, and more respected reputations is not wise. Second, how would you like for someone to go back and find posts that you have made an then brought them back up?

Also, it's "through".

I enjoy going back to the beginning of threads to see the progress and speculations these projects go "through". Since the beginning and until recently many on here criticize them for making carsland, and that's fine, but when its the other way around and its about universal its a big no-no. The point of me doing this was to show how people talk so negatively about Disney, and (in this case) carsland is getting rave reviews. Just look at the fantasyland and Avatar thread and see what I mean, it's constent criticism.

Im sure I've done it before, but I usually wait until I see the final product before judgement.

Last edited:
I just want to point out, I was wrong about the project in several ways but I am holding off my entire opinion until I get out there in October. People make mistakes and given Disney's track record over the last decade I can't say I am still not shocked about being wrong nor am I shocked about so many being wrong either. In the end I am extremely excited to ride this and applaud Disney for once again (finally mind you) making what looks to be an incredible if not the best dark ride ever created. Now as for Fantasyland well....

I am sorta worrying about the animatronics. Going by Disneys recent attempts with high tech it only last a short time before become a nightmare for maintenance and being left to die. Hopeful as seen by the effort put into the ride they also put the traditional Disney effort into the upkeep of the ride as we don't want another disco yeti.

I enjoy going back to the beginning of threads to see the progress and speculations these projects go "through". Since the beginning and until recently many on here criticize them for making carsland, and that's fine, but when its the other way around and its about universal its a big no-no. The point of me doing this was to show how people talk so negatively about Disney, and (in this case) carsland is getting rave reviews. Just look at the fantasyland and Avatar thread and see what I mean, it's constent criticism.

Im sure I've done it before, but I usually wait until I see the final product before judgement.

Criticism and Cynicism are two different things. And I love Criticism and that it exists. It is what pushes bean counters to fund artists at times to bring better projects to light. I stand by any point I made about Cars being a theme that does not really deserve an entire land, clearly they did good stretching it out as much as possible and we got some good rides out of it. Including an E-ticket. So woohoo.

To only wait until final judgment works in a world where there is no hype or heritage and history, but Disney pushes both of those with an insanely large resource of PR and fanbase. It is just as obnoxious to read daily "THIS WILL SURELY BE THE BEST PROJECT THEY HAVE DONE." No one ever said they wanted it to fail, every project realistically has flaws. I can point out flaws of any project. Even my favorite theme park elements. It is constructive. The only "hater-aid" that exists is the one you are trying to stir in a pot and attempting to serve.

The quotes you point out are still ones that I stand by(and most likely the others you quoted seem to stand by them as well)

Last edited:
I am sorta worrying about the animatronics. Going by Disneys recent attempts with high tech it only last a short time before become a nightmare for maintenance and being left to die. Hopeful as seen by the effort put into the ride they also put the traditional Disney effort into the upkeep of the ride as we don't want another disco yeti.

Valid point and I am sure there will be issues with such a massive attraction but as long as it holds together until late October I don't care :lol: As much as I miss the Yeti, I can at least say I rode EE while it was operational. Unfortunately some can't and that sucks.

Anyone been keeping up with attendance, queue length, and possible issues??? Seems like most forums have died since this thing was finished :shrug:

Anyone been keeping up with attendance, queue length, and possible issues??? Seems like most forums have died since this thing was finished :shrug:

I know. I'm waiting for a good Al Lutz article myself.

I've kept an eye on some other sites' reporting - Luigi's Flying Tires fluctuates between 60 and 90 minutes, guests seem to be getting the hang of controlling the saucers. Junkyard Jamboree sits between 45 and 60. Radiator Springs Racers is usually a minimum of 120 minutes, with 180 not uncommon. Single Riders for RSR sits at around 45-60 minutes. Fastpass is usually all gone by noon.

Thanks for the updates folks. Is anyone here planning on attending soon?

From Micechat-
Tom's Top Ten things to do at Cars Land

http://micechat.com/7058-cars-land-photos/

A particular section in this review took me back to a conversation we had in this thread. First, this is what Tom said In his review

Radiator Springs Racers is the best attraction at Disney California Adventure, and is one of the more impressive attractions at Disneyland Resort, period. While it will never surpass classics like Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean for me, personally, I can see Radiator Springs Racers becoming the “classic” attraction for an entire generation of kids. The dark ride sequences are filled with detail and the race through Ornament Valley has you looking all around the car as you feel like you’re actually racing through the mountains. Radiator Springs Racers might be appropriately classified as a mild thrill ride, but the thrill component takes a back seat to everything else. I have experienced Radiator Springs Racers close to thirty times, and each time I find myself spotting new details. I also find photography on Radiator Springs Racers to be a lot of fun, as the ride offers a lot of opportunities and challenges for photography

Tom Bricker's photography has been published in numerous travel publications around the world. Additionally, Tom is the Chief Photographer for TouringPlans.com, and is a blogger for both TouringPlans.com and DisneyPhotographyBlog.com. He even co-authored his first ebook, Fireworks Photography.
...........So this isn't just anybody saying it, this guy knows what he's talking about. And what he said in his review, I mentioned many months back but I felt like my opinion was put down and wrong.

I remember saying this in page 35-
cars are always going to be around so I disagree. If anything it would be a classic.
I said this because people on here were saying "Cars Land" is going to be dated in a couple of years but I'm sure automobiles and roads will be here in the future.

Brimans reaction to my comment:
Beg pardon.... :stunned:

BriMan was stunned that I said it was going to be a classic. I just hate when people try to prove me wrong and make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about, when in fact, I have more insider knowledge then what some of you guys think.

Now seeing the whole project. What do you guys think now, future classic ?

Last edited:
I believe Disney knocked one out of the park with, not just Carsland, but Buena Vista Street also.

It is a shame the DCA etched in my brain is DCA circa 2001-2002 (prior to ToT opening). I don't see myself is SoCal. anytime in the foreseeable future.

Anything going on in here? No!? Alright moving on.

Well yea, I put a link to a photo review and I asked a question. It's called starting a conversation because apparently this thread has kinda slowed down. You could check it out, and if your not interested don't read it. No wonder your number 1 with the amount of posts you've written in the last 14 days, because your last comment here wasn't necessary.

Last edited:
I specifically have asked if anyone here has ridden this yet? Have you?