Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris to recieve 150 million expansion

Personally wouldn't mid seeing this come to Pixar Place with RSR's, and Crushes Coaster. Then again anything new that's worthwhile would be awesome at this point :thumbs:

@HyperionPilot posted some construction photos.

ivGCGUv152xTu.jpg

iMrlvwmUdPJO1.jpg

In my head, Crushes Coaster would be a great addition if the capacity issue is fixed.

Extremely impressive, the full show is on youtube already too, but I think in Orlando it would HAVE to include more fireworks, it is a bit similar to Fantasmic.

[video=youtube;H78aj9O0gj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H78aj9O0gj4[/video]

Disney have really outdone themselves. What an amazing show!
But am I the only one who's a little peeved that some songs are in French? I know its in France but it doesn't sound right.

Extremely impressive, the full show is on youtube already too, but I think in Orlando it would HAVE to include more fireworks, it is a bit similar to Fantasmic.

[video=youtube;H78aj9O0gj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H78aj9O0gj4[/video]

But am I the only one who's a little peeved that some songs are in French? I know its in France but it doesn't sound right.

I don't know, I kinda like "Be Our Guest" in French… I think that one fits. However i think having half a conversation in French and half in English is a little strange

Construction update from Disneyland Forum Club:

ibwwm1mrwV1fjx.jpg

ibydTv0bOmgy5w.jpg

ij0cJjZvOTJsc.jpg

ibvzQQqxy91VtD.jpg

ijO7ed7lWho.jpg

iFVXhgeoEDCoD.jpg

Framing for one of the screens:

ibcEcfSW6ppwGS.jpg

Additionally, a user of Disneyland Forum Club assembled a description of the attraction from @InsideDLParisFR's tweets....

(The following is the rough, French-to-English Google translation)

The construction of the attraction on the theme of Ratatouille is making great strides, it is time to unveil some details of the project! Future themed area will include an attraction a restaurant table, toilet and a street ending in a small square. still under study, it is possible that shop is integrated short-term project. theme area will take its inspiration from fantasy vision a cartoon Paris, represented in the film Ratatouille Pixar. buildings run along the street facades in Paris and a beautiful fountain from the movie take place in the center of the square. Building Studio 4 should disappear in a Haussmann architecture specific to the real city of Paris. restaurant table will probably called "La Ratatouille" and provide a restoration concept ever seen on the Resort. new toilets will be installed in part of the former workshop of costume design. Talking Now the attraction, named "Kitchen Calamity" is far from definitive. queues Three indoor and heated will present at the opening. Stand By queue, a Fast Pass and Single Rider. Three internal queues are separated from each other and the distribution of 3D glasses will also separately. Gusteau or rather his ghost will help our dear visitors to wait for the course of their queue! Queue Stand By extension will have a covered outdoor run along the space between the building Studio 4 and the ride. Terminals Fast Pass distribution will be covered and located in the outer corner Building Studio 4 of the Parisian street. Reduces the size of a rat in the queue, visitors embark on the rooftops of Paris in vehicles of six places. Trackless vehicles will form a stylized rat and will have a feature on an axis of rotation and movement of cylinders. Visitors will be installed on two rows of three people, or usefulness of the Single Rider line! Adventure resume outline the history of film, but especially our visitors take in the kitchen or working Linguini! With a mixture of projection screens and 3D decorations Dark Ride, prepared for a total immersion in the heart of the action! Refrigerator icy, a hot oven and continue cooking on a trolley waiting for you! Among others ;-) digitally projected 3D screens ride will be conducted by Pixar and is likely to be difficult to distinguish from reality! There remains only to wait quietly for the fiscal year 2014 to Rémi join in his extraordinary adventures ... That's a lot of info there! And it looks a bit like a very large leak, right?

The short version of that is that the attraction will be in 3D, screen-based and feature a trackless ride vehicle (like SeaWorld's new Antarctica ride) where guests will encounter some crazy antics of being a rat in a French kitchen, including heat and cold effects to simulate going inside a fridge and oven, and being able to cook alongside Linguini. The ride is expected to have a themed queue that houses a Gusteau effect that tells the film's story and the scenes of the queue itself will slowly appear to get bigger as to "shrink" guests down to rat-size. A table service restaurant will be one of the main offerings coming with this expansion as well as the facades that will replicate the picturesque version of Paris found in the film.

I'd totally forgot about this expansion so was a nice surprise to see it moving along.

Thanks Mr Cool,