Disney+ | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems as if, as many predicted last year, the rights to 2008’s The Incredible Hulk now belong to Marvel Studios.

While it's possible they now control the rights outright, it's also possible it's just a licensing deal, like they did with Sony to get the Raimi Spider-Man movies on Disney+.

While it's possible they now control the rights outright, it's also possible it's just a licensing deal, like they did with Sony to get the Raimi Spider-Man movies on Disney+.
Disney doesn’t care enough about this film to license it. It’s a film they hardly even like to admit is a part of the MCU. I doubt it’s licensing.

If the movies rights expired with Universal after 15 years, then when did TIH come out? June 13, 2008. Yesterday was June 16, 2023. Just over 15 years.

The Universal logo is still at the start of the movie on Disney+, so it's at least definitely not a situation like the STAR WARS films, where they could chop off the Fox logos because they own the movies entirely now.

Disney doesn’t care enough about this film to license it.
I don't know about that. Given that BRAVE NEW WORLD is (seemingly) going to be drawing pretty heavily from THE INCREDIBLE HULK, maybe that's why they'd want it to be on Disney+. Get viewers up to speed on Betty Ross and Samuel Sterns (aka the future Leader).

Reactions: Nick and Clive
I don't know about that. Given that BRAVE NEW WORLD is (seemingly) going to be drawing pretty heavily from THE INCREDIBLE HULK, maybe that's why they'd want it to be on Disney+. Get viewers up to speed on Betty Ross and Samuel Sterns (aka the future Leader).
That actually does make sense on why they would want it on there (plus fifteenth anniversary).

Another reason on top of those could be that Far From Home will be coming to Disney+ at some point and, if Homecoming and The Incredible Hulk are on Disney+ at the same time FFH comes onto D+, then Disney will be able to legitimately say for the first time that the entirety of The Infinity Saga is on Disney+ (including One Shots) and MCU adjacent films/shows.

What is an MCU-adjacent film or show? This is really all subjective, but to me, they are films and shows that retroactively become semi-connected to the MCU. The original movie or show is not considered canon or was made as a part of a different Universe or even before the MCU started. To me, examples of these types of films/shows are the Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy, Andrew Garfield's SM films, Deadpool 1 & 2, Wolverine trilogy, Netflix's Daredevil (not considered canon), etc.

Reactions: belloq87
Even with that subscription cost increase, they'll still lose money. Break even point, once the strike is over and they start production again, is probably much much higher.

Even with that subscription cost increase, they'll still lose money. Break even point, once the strike is over and they start production again, is probably much much higher.
They Will never be profitable if they keep spending 200 million on MCU show that no one watches

They should move to one show a year and specials. Like Werewolf Halloween special

Reactions: GA-MBIT
They Will never be profitable if they keep spending 200 million on MCU show that no one watches

They should move to one show a year and specials. Like Werewolf Halloween special
I doubt any of the Streaming Studios will be profitable.....ever. :lmao: The business plan just doesn't work. Even Netflix just gets by because they've been a darling growth stock for investors. That always catches up, sooner or later....See Blockbuster & Krispy Cream. They all play games with the numbers.

Thank god. We really need a ton more support for physical Blu-Rays of streaming content and legacy television and animation. Streaming is so precarious of a medium, where stuff can get lost without any decent way to watch stuff officially.

Recently rewatched Over the Garden Wall again before it leaves Max in a week, and I looked for physical editions. Most CN stuff is DVD only in the states, with the only Blu-Ray releases being UK/Austrailian Region Locked. No Steven Universe Blu-Ray, only a DVD Complete Series release which was apparently kind of a battle itself.

Bringing it back around to Disney, huge hit shows like Phineas and Ferb don't have a NA Blu Ray release, even for the first movie from 2011, Kim Possible doesn't have a complete series DVD, Wander over Yonder is just lost besides the relatively recent Disney+ support. Gravity Falls is the only major animated show I can find with a limited collectors Blu Ray release and the creator labelled it "a miracle". I know the physical pie has shrunken a lot and is frankly not great for the company's bottom line to give unlimited HD access to a show or movie to an audience, but I still feel like it's incredibly important to support if only to keep these shows from becoming lost outside of piracy.

Thank god. We really need a ton more support for physical Blu-Rays of streaming content and legacy television and animation. Streaming is so precarious of a medium, where stuff can get lost without any decent way to watch stuff officially.

Recently rewatched Over the Garden Wall again before it leaves Max in a week, and I looked for physical editions. Most CN stuff is DVD only in the states, with the only Blu-Ray releases being UK/Austrailian Region Locked. No Steven Universe Blu-Ray, only a DVD Complete Series release which was apparently kind of a battle itself.

Bringing it back around to Disney, huge hit shows like Phineas and Ferb don't have a NA Blu Ray release, even for the first movie from 2011, Kim Possible doesn't have a complete series DVD, Wander over Yonder is just lost besides the relatively recent Disney+ support. Gravity Falls is the only major animated show I can find with a limited collectors Blu Ray release and the creator labelled it "a miracle". I know the physical pie has shrunken a lot and is frankly not great for the company's bottom line to give unlimited HD access to a show or movie to an audience, but I still feel like it's incredibly important to support if only to keep these shows from becoming lost outside of piracy.
and the Studios made soooo much more profit on BR and DVD's. They certainly were never losing billions when that was the focus.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
and the Studios made soooo much more profit on BR and DVD's. They certainly were never losing billions when that was the focus.
I think the App should just be a place you go to Watch anything DIsney but shouldn't be the only place to watch many of the movies and shows

Content should be made and they find ways to get profits from it and throw it on Disney Plus

I Dont think Theaters would fight against having two episode premier's of Mando, Loki and so on, put them on Disney as well.
I think Chip and Dale and HP2 and etc would have made 10-20 million on runs on theaters for a week or two, like why not? It's just free money for these projects

Last edited: