Disney and Sega Partnership Idea | Inside Universal Forums

Disney and Sega Partnership Idea

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 23, 2021
This is part of my plan on how to fix and expand Sega to start the Sega Renaissance Initiative, This includes no rushing games, buying other studios, Bringing back Sega's older IPs, Making more 16-bits-style games for Sega as tribute to Genesis, making cinematic-styles games for them, collaborating with filmmakers to make video games, etc.

One of the plans for Sega is to make an multi-year exclusive deal with Disney, in which both Sega and Disney co-publish video games (in-house) based on Disney IPs, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, 20th Century, National Geographic, ABC, ESPN and Muppets; minus Kingdom Hearts and Spider-Man, whose rights belongs to Square Enix and Sony, respectively. on home consoles, handheld consoles, PC, web browsers and mobile phones and tablets.

This deal will start with a videogame based on Gravity Falls.

The deal also includes to have presences with each other. Sega can have a presence at Disney Parks like arcades at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, where guests can play Sega arcades and their upcoming games; mobile game experiences (downloadable apps is required) at Walt Disney World, like a "real-life RPG game experience" to replace Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom at Magic Kingdom, an updated World Showcase Adventure for Epcot, A National Geographic game for Animal Kingdom and a Pixar game for Disney's Hollywood Studios; a Sega-themed restaurant for Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort and Disney Village at Disneyland Paris; and a Sega indoor virtual theme park at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World. and Disney can have presences at Sega's video games, example is in possibly a future Crazy Taxi game, where Disneyland, Disney+ billboard and movie theatres with posters from Disney movies appear in it.

Also, i am interest in pitching the Sonic the Hedgehog/Spider-Gwen crossover comic for IDW as possibly part of the deal.

I said that because Bob Chapek became a new Disney CEO and that Disney and Sega are both my favorite brands, i grew up with both of them.

The thing that makes this not exactly a good fit, lies in part to the solid bonds that Disney already has in their gaming division, licensing and collaborating directly. We have seen that with EA on Star Wars (as Respawn should be working on Fallen Order 2), Bethesda and more importantly WarMachine Games on Indiana Jones, and Marvel Games working directly with Square and Sony. That doesn't go into the subject of DIsney and Square's relationship, being much more expanded when Kingdom Hearts began it's releases. That's also not considering outlier cases, like Traveler's Tales (And albeit WB Games).

Forcing to have it in just one gaming company, would limit that company unless if they greatly expand their ranks and do lucrative studio start-ups, for projects that can easily fail in a heartbeat. And honestly, the path that they are on already is perfectly fine by me.

I can't see Sega having the time to create games for nobody but Disney in addition to the IPs that they have.

Sonic_and_Spider-Gwen.jpg

I am interest in making a crossover comic between Sonic the Hedgehog and Spider-Gwen for IDW.