Discovery and WarnerMedia Merger | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Discovery and WarnerMedia Merger

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm excited for pretty much everything but Flash....but if this Flash is the end of Ezra then cool but still not seeing it day one in theaters....dont want to support him or WB

I hope the rest works out and kinda disappointed no Peace Maker season 2 anytime soon... I know the spin off show but....meh at least make a Vigilante show

Reactions: n i c k
I hope the rest works out and kinda disappointed no Peace Maker season 2 anytime soon... I know the spin off show but....meh at least make a Vigilante show

I wonder if they're weary of putting out TOO many 'off beat, crude style' beat down squad shows closely together.

I wonder if they're weary of putting out TOO many 'off beat, crude style' beat down squad shows closely together.
Then cancel the walker show

Peacemaker was fantastic and to just ignore it for years seems…like Waste of all those characters

Then cancel the walker show

Peacemaker was fantastic and to just ignore it for years seems…like Waste of all those characters
Yeah, I kind of agree here. I'm already invested in and actually like Peacemaker. Idk why Waller is a necessary spin-off right now.

The more I understand it, I believe Waller is essentially going to be Season 1.5 of Peacemaker; as they have spoken that Season 2 of Peacemaker is still on the table to be developed.

the way I view the DCU is once the reset occurs with The Flash: Blue Beetle, Aquaman, Creature Commandos, and Waller can transfer into the new DCU without as much issues. Events can be rearranged to fit into what the new universe is made to be.

It’s essentially picking the pieces that work and then moving onward with them while discarding what doesn’t (in this case, The multiple Batmen of Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton, The Rocks Black Adam and Henry Cavills Superman.)

Hoping that the actress who is playing Supergirl is still on though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
It's a great idea to finally give the movies outside of the DCU a proper brand and call those Elseworlds films to separate those from the cinematic universe. Elseworlds films are where DC really currently outshines Marvel and I hope that Marvel does live action standalone movies that are allowed to be more adult and to potentially be R-rated if the movie calls for it.

Reactions: MrBlonde
It's a great idea to finally give the movies outside of the DCU a proper brand and call those Elseworlds films to separate those from the cinematic universe. Elseworlds films are where DC really currently outshines Marvel and I hope that Marvel does live action standalone movies that are allowed to be more adult and to potentially be R-rated if the movie calls for it.
Dead Pool?

Yeah, I kind of agree here. I'm already invested in and actually like Peacemaker. Idk why Waller is a necessary spin-off right now.
The more I understand it, I believe Waller is essentially going to be Season 1.5 of Peacemaker; as they have spoken that Season 2 of Peacemaker is still on the table to be developed.

This is what I’ve heard as well. Peacemaker Season 2 is postponed due to Gunn’s current focus on Superman. Waller is set to include the Peacemaker crew, at least some of it. Also makes sense after the events of season 1.

Dead Pool?
First, DP is part of the MCU and it'll be the only Disney produced Marvel movie to get the R-rating (and only because the prior ones were popular with an R-Rating).

I'm talking about a prestige label when you could do one film ever 1-2 years that's meant to be Oscar bait. Bring in high caliber actors, directors, etc. That's what DC has going on and it's brilliant. There's plenty of stories Marvel could be telling that they aren't simply because they don't fit within the MCU. Having a standalone prestige label would allow them to do that. Bring in Searchlight Pictures to co-produce as well.

Reactions: Nico
Discovery/Warner just announced they are exiting their sports network. They said the teams involved (Pgh./Houston/Denver) have a couple of weeks to agree to take their broadcast rights back, otherwise they will liquidate/bankruptcy
their AT & T Sports Net agreements with those teams...........As Discovery/Warner sinks further into a financial hole. This company is in major trouble.

Reactions: Grabnar
It's just so sad-- Warner Brothers was one of the most prestigious studios in the world. They own the MGM library, the MOST prestigious studio in the world. There's no reason why they shouldn't have been able to make a go of this except the incompetence of tech people running studios.

Wow-- fire sale coming soon...
Them getting out of having a sports network is a further sign the company will be sold. But because of SEC rules they can't merger with someone else until 2024. I wonder if rumors are true and NBCU will buy WBD. At this point a merger is the only way out for this troubled company. Imagine the perks of NBCU getting WBD for the theme parks.

I’m not as doom and gloom on this. The company has been mismanaged for a long time. They’ve had IP hits, but they struggled with planning. Continuously changing hands didn’t help either. I look at this as no different than what Disney is looking to do. Shrink debt, overhead, and simplify their business models.

The big players are going to continue to look at how streaming has been handled this far, and shift strategies because of the costs associated.

That being said, give me Universal’s Gotham City.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I really dont understand why these two companies became one....like it feels like an even worst deal then Disney with Fox....but really don't think we should keep allowing HUGE companies to just merge if they are going to layoff/sell things. Feels like money just moving to move money

On the heels of the release for The Flash: it now seems all but confirmed that Andy Muschietti's next film will infact be Batman: Brave & The Bold.

Reactions: Nico and MrBlonde