Dine with Shamu | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Dine with Shamu

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The floor seems to be completey up for some time already now.
What I didn't notice before is that the path around Shamu stadium is open again and guest are taken advantage of that shortcut

URL for high rest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57835821@N00/6897371704/sizes/c/in/photostream/

6897371704_53b3b5ebb7_c.jpg

Great shot in front of the underwater viewing area. ( Posted in the Travel Channel threat).

23.jpg

Appreciate all the updates. :smiley:

When I was on the Sky Tower yesterday (technically), I saw that the pool was filled with water. This was around noon-ish.

So in contrast to hatetofly's pictures, it looks like they were testing out the lift floor. :thumbs:

IMG_9401.jpg

Appreciate all the updates. :smiley:

When I was on the Sky Tower yesterday (technically), I saw that the pool was filled with water. This was around noon-ish.

So in contrast to hatetofly's pictures, it looks like they were testing out the lift floor. :thumbs:

IMG_9401.jpg

Ahh very cool, I went up about 10-1030AM.

So is that lift floor mechanical or is it an air lift design? All of the white thingys look like they might be hose connected.

Just searched for more info. The lift system is at this point, 'secret' and was developed in conjunction with Oceaneering International Inc. of Texas. What I also found interesting is that after this pool is proven, Seaworld intends to have the floors installed in all tanks in all parks... including the 40' deep show tanks.

Last edited:
including the 40' deep show tanks

That is going to change the bottom/experience/view of that pool during shows dramaticly with all those squares.
Also, the showpool is circular. There is going to be quite some challenges left, even when they have figured out this first pool.

Also curious how Shamu is going to react to the new carpet in his house.

And it is finally up and running again.

Dine With Shamu, the SeaWorld Orlando animal-interaction experience, returned to the theme park’s lineup Monday. It was the first time for guests since the death of whale trainer Dawn Brancheau at the attraction in February 2010.

Since then, SeaWorld has been retrofitting the area, including the installation of a floor that can raised in case of emergency.
Brancheau was dragged into the water by the 6-ton whale Tilikum after a Dine With Shamu session. Since then, SeaWorld workers have not been allowed to have “in-water” training or performances with its killer whales.

Prior to the incident, Dine With Shamu was considered a behind-the-scenes extra. Guests paid for a buffet and sat at tables next to a lagoon while a SeaWorld employee gave a tutorial. Trainers then put the whale through a series of flips and dives.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...seaworld-orlando-dine-with-shamu-returns.html

Last edited:
Saw it on the news this morning, great to hear!

From what I understood yes the area has returned to somewhat normal.

Here's a view on the floor from the Underwater viewing area

[video=youtube_share;QwhmcFn784o]http://youtu.be/QwhmcFn784o[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: Journey_On