Dine with Shamu | Inside Universal Forums

Dine with Shamu

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 13, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Here are my photos from today

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

^ Cannot believe they haven't abandoned this yet.

So sad... Do you have an educated guess?? :)
Hope to book it on July 6th :)

Have been 2 times but can´t help myself... Love it!

Dine with Shamu was awesome, and amazing. But sadly now with the glass walls installed, and Tilli having escalating behavioral issues, who knows. I know SW wants to get this back open since it is a very profitable experience for them to offer.

Honestly I would love to see this open by this summer, but any guess would be just that, pure speculation at this point.

Here are some great shots a Twitter friend took last Saturday.

Still a lot of activity at the pool, even on Saturdays. They raised water levels and upped the equipment around the pool

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

DSC01462.jpg

Special Thnx and credits: Eric M. Davis

Last edited:
Reactions: BJCool
Dine with Shamu coming spring 2016... :deadhorse:

A rough budget indication of what all these improvements cost. And - for what it's worth - a statement that tests have been succesfull.

Those revised loan terms include the $65 million "orca-infrastructure spending" exception to loan covenants that typically restrict SeaWorld to about $165 million a year in capital spending. The bulk of that additional money is expected to pay for the installation of fast-rising "lift floors" in many or all of the company's killer-whale pools.
The prototype for those floors was installed in the "Dine With Shamu" pool at SeaWorld Orlando — the same pool in which trainer Dawn Brancheau was killed Feb. 24, 2010. Atchison said the custom-designed floor has been successfully tested by SeaWorld engineers.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rld-orlando-seaworld-parks-president-aquatica