Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One thing hasn't changed for me: I'm still more excited for the exterior facade and queue than I am for the actual ride. That's an issue -_-
To be completely honest, I think it may become the Shrek 4D of our park in about 10-ish years (maybe a little less). It'll become boring and the reride value will definitely be lacking a bit. At the moment, I don't have a problem with it. It's an okay ride, and it'll be nice to have something fresh at our park, along with something better than at UO (for once).

So, Super Silly Fun Land and a larger/more immersive surrounding facade. And hopefully a slightly better ride experience with a double theatre or maybe larger screen, or maybe better queue.

Either way, exciting that for once we'll be getting the better all around experience! (Although our JP ride is still better)

Was this worth it in exchange for losing T2? Nope...lol
Agree we got the better JP for a lot of reasons. Only thing betteri in IOA is the foliage.

Well, everyone has kinda known. But we definitely 100 % knew first before MC. I laughed earlier today at "as micechat readers have known for a long time now". They really enjoy tooting their own horn, don't they? Lol

But there's a clear difference between implying towards the obvious and blatantly lying and spouting that it's official and confirmed news.

Make no mistake: Universal has still not officially confirmed the precise location of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem or Silly Super Fun Land. It's certainly hysterically obvious where the location will be, but announced? Not so much.
I see your point.

Here's our Despicable Me post: (not to toot our own horn)

No location has been announced, though many believe Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem will be housed in the former Terminator 2:3D venue.
http://insideuniversal.net/2013/02/l-a-times-its-official-despicable-me-coming-to-universal-studios-hollywood/

Thought I had said something similar to MiceChat, but I guess not. Didn't realize the difference in tone until just now. We'll definitely keep that in mind moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many TM at USH have already been saying this when asked by guests. I myself while enjoying the park have spoke to TM  about the new expansion even before T2 was officially closed.

Yeah, I've known about Minion Mayhem replacing T2 for so long now it seems....hell, I even told some cast members and they didn't know until I told them. And a few kinda laughed at me when I mentioned a Despicable Me play area replacing Coke Soak :p Who's laughin' now? ;)

But yeah, I heard many cast members tell guests T2 was closing for Despicable Me as December was getting closer.

The funniest thing cast members were saying/answering when asked was that the Universal Plaza construction going on was for Harry Potter. Gave me a good laugh a few times! And it was different cast members. Bless them :p