CityWalk Expansion | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
So, now that phase 1 is complete and NASCAR is down for replacement, what's next? I know it's been less than a year since most of these attractions opened, but I'm feeling restless.

So, now that phase 1 is complete and NASCAR is down for replacement, what's next? I know it's been less than a year since most of these attractions opened, but I'm feeling restless.

I would assume that NBA City is next to go and perhaps they will re-evaluate the second level somehow...

I personally think that once NASCAR and NBA are gone Citywalk will have a very strong restaurant line up..

I would assume that NBA City is next to go and perhaps they will re-evaluate the second level somehow...

I personally think that once NASCAR and NBA are gone Citywalk will have a very strong restaurant line up..

Its been well over a year since rumors of NBA closing. Its just so old and has no updated stars. Cant wait for it to leave and we get something new.

I think the food and beverage standpoint will be solidified with whatever is implemented next into those venues, but UC has to start taking the entertainment and shopping aspect back into account. Not just street-level performers and cart vendors, but a nicely redesigned stage a la 5 Towers in USH with some LED fountains as a nice backdrop, some more up-charge family experiences (like moving iFly on property, a Dave and Buster's sort of competitor, etc.), and definitely a more prominent shopping experience. With a little work, the second floor could easily become a small mall area. Immersive candy and confectionery shop, some nice clothing stores, and definitely an on-property themed Walgreens (not just for guests but for CW TMs too - they don't have a UStop).

Also, some serious rebranding and wardrobe updates. We are so stylistically beyond the year 2000...

Last edited:
Reactions: *Q*
I think the food and beverage standpoint will be solidified with whatever is implemented next into those venues, but UC has to start taking the entertainment and shopping aspect back into account. Not just street-level performers and cart vendors, but a nicely redesigned stage a la 5 Towers in USH with some LED fountains as a nice backdrop, some more up-charge family experiences (like moving iFly on property, a Dave and Buster's sort of competitor, etc.), and definitely a more prominent shopping experience. With a little work, the second floor could easily become a small mall area. Immersive candy and confectionery shop, some nice clothing stores, and definitely an on-property themed Walgreens (not just for guests but for CW TMs too - they don't have a UStop).

Also, some serious rebranding and wardrobe updates. We are so stylistically beyond the year 2000...

Some good ideas there. I'm all about expanding the entertainment offerings and possibly even improving the nightclub aspects a bit. A stage would be a nice addition too, but would they do that with the new Universal Music Plaza stage they built 6 years ago in the Studios? That seems to be the focal point for their live music performances. I also think a CityWalk stage would take away from the performances going on at Margaritaville and the other venues offering music around CW.

It's nothing CityWalk doesn't have; the stage used for Ellen and the 1D performance is what I mean. Amplified seating, a great audio system, and an avante-garde stage shell could bring a lot more action to CityWalk. We had two CW stages, now we're down to one. Why not make it extraordinary?

The former NASCAR space is the first time I've ever seen Universal work slow.

DQ was pretty awesome when it first opened, and the addition of Pirates was great too. The problem with DQ is that it has been poorly maintained. There is no reason that the technology hasn't been updated and is down so often. It used to be pretty popular, and its sad to see it in the state it is in.
They could make minor changes that would create a big impact: replace the 30 pound VR headsets with Occulus Rifts, update the screens, up resolution and textures, add some staff to gain some better control of the guests (seen way too many fights almost break out), move Sum of All Thrills from Innoventions East to Virtual Space Mountain.

DQ was pretty awesome when it first opened, and the addition of Pirates was great too. The problem with DQ is that it has been poorly maintained. There is no reason that the technology hasn't been updated and is down so often. It used to be pretty popular, and its sad to see it in the state it is in.
They could make minor changes that would create a big impact: replace the 30 pound VR headsets with Occulus Rifts, update the screens, up resolution and textures, add some staff to gain some better control of the guests (seen way too many fights almost break out), move Sum of All Thrills from Innoventions East to Virtual Space Mountain.

Upkeep is so important with entertainment. Its actually one of the main factora

I hope Pat O'Briens & Bob Marley's are safe. They're a big part of why I spend so much time at Universal for vacations. Great entertainment & excellent atmosphere. Plus the Pepper Pot soup at Marley's is fantastiic.

The saddest part is it is so much easier to keep current with the DQ theme. No bulldozing, no permits, nothing. Just unplug the old and plug in the new.

Heck I'll even throw Disney a bone here, make a special edition infinity figure whose character (NOT DUFFY unless it is Totally X-TrEmE!! Duffy McQueen) lives at Disney Quest. Make some new attractions that allow you to use your normal infinity figures to play and also collect exclusive limited content that can be used at home that can only be unlocked at Disney Quest. It's all of the money printing qualities of Vinylmation combined with the must have crack that is Disney Infinity/Skylanders figures and games. Put in a mini-infinity store in DQ and change the Vinylmation store with no Vinyls/Marvel Store with no Branding to a Disney Infinity Superstore.

*I am a software engineer and know developing the products is a far different procedure and this is not meant to understate the amount of work that goes into building the new attractions.