Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So as someone who hasn't been yet - is the animatronic Chucky part of the facade? Is it a legit high quality animatronic?

It really felt like his entire face moves, like the eyebrow part and everything. He blinks, moves head side to side, lips move. He nods, his mouth moves a lot. It felt movie quality. It's extremely well done. Worth visiting. I really love it. I don't know if I'm remembering better than it is. But it left a great impression in me.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I think the chainsaw scare actor was meant to have the Chucky mask from the queque video, he even wears the gloves; Maybe some wardrobe malfunction. It’s no Hollywood giant Chucky, but would help a lot!

I have a feeling Hollywood may have the better house here.

Idk.... after seeing the BTS photos, it doesn't look much better. The finale does sound 100x better tho.

needed to come back to reply,
so i watched hollywood's house, just to see it, and, just from the video alone, it seems much much better. it just did,
their sets looked like a real house, their rooms looked like real sets, their placement of chucky seemed better, seemed like their chuckys had better scares, it looked like a proper "best of" house (just from the vid)
their ending looked much much better. their house its more straight forward, their house feel like a chucky version of HALLOWEEN. if this makes sense? (with more realistic rooms)
(our house its more abstract. like an abstract painting) i might enjoy it more the next time if i see it like an abstract house

needed to come back to reply,
so i watched hollywood's house, just to see it, and, just from the video alone, it seems much much better. it just did,
their sets looked like a real house, their rooms looked like real sets, their placement of chucky seemed better, seemed like their chuckys had better scares, it looked like a proper "best of" house (just from the vid)
their ending looked much much better. their house its more straight forward, their house feel like a chucky version of HALLOWEEN. if this makes sense? (with more realistic rooms)
(our house its more abstract. like an abstract painting) i might enjoy it more the next time if i see it like an abstract house
Yup, I think Chucky is muuuch better than I initially thought in Hollywood. And because of that, I won't be going into Chucky here on the East Coast with much excitement lol. The pics and clips I've seen and of course reviews from guests have it being a mid house imo.

The amount of Animatronics make me think I'll love this maze....we will see but man it's like walking through a ride at some points

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
After a few more runs, I feel the 2nd half of this house is intentionally meant to feel more intense and unhinged. I’m enjoying it a bit more.

Also shout out to the barker in the middle, ran through the house 3 times in a row last night and each time he saw me coming through would keep saying something about the fact that I was coming back through, quite hilarious and my favorite scareactor interaction of the year.

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

What the hell happened here...? I truly gave this house a chance. I marathoned both seasons of the show (and absolutely loved it). I went in with dramatically lowered expectations even. But the hate towards this house was not exaggerated IMO after finally going through it. Empty spaces, minimal effort Chucky placements, etc. Just an utter lack of creativity here. Tragic. Animatronic is fantastic though lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, tried to give this house a new chance last night with fresh eyes and floor-level expectations. Man...this is probably the worst house I've been through since I've been going around HHN26. Complete props to the actors, who are really giving it their all, and I caught quite a few actors last night that I didn't see the first time. But like I said before, it's about house design, and this one is just so ugly, dull, not scary, and not funny. It doesn't feel like it's on the level of HHN Orlando's standards, and given the incredibly high bar set by The Black Phone last year, it also is not the locations fault but the designers. Just disappointing. Probably will go in this one dramatically less than the others. If I waited 75-120 minutes for this house as a Single Night Ticket guest like I've seen it climb up to some nights, I'd swear off the event.

I haven’t seen the house or watched a walkthrough, but, was curious: does Orlando’s iteration have any of the custom Chucky dialogue, or is it all existing clips from the show?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

What the hell happened here...? I truly gave this house a chance. I marathoned both seasons of the show (and absolutely loved it). I went in with dramatically lowered expectations even. But the hate towards this house was not exaggerated IMO after finally going through it. Empty spaces, minimal effort Chucky placements, etc. Just an utter lack of creativity here. Tragic. Animatronic is fantastic though lol.
Yeah it's pretty sad. I agree. And I wouldn't mind the house so much if Chucky was everywhere. If he was in every room, every corner, constantly coming at you. If every actor had Chucky on them. THEN it would be fun. It would be silly but fun.
but I have the feeling that they are counting posters of chuckys face and counting the tv screen videos as chucky appearances. I thought about it and I watched the house on YouTube, there's no way there are 250 chuckys in the house. I don't see how. No way. I'm gonna have to literally visit this house and count each Chucky. There's no way
Yeah, But like I said before, it's about house design, and this one is just so ugly, dull, not scary, and not funny. It doesn't feel like it's on the level of HHN Orlando's standards, and given the incredibly high bar set by The Black Phone last year, it also is not the locations fault but the designers. Just disappointing. Probably will go in this one dramatically less than the others. If I waited 75-120 minutes for this house as a Single Night Ticket guest like I've seen it climb up to some nights, I'd swear off the event.

You know, you remind me, there are times when people skip original houses and they go to the IP houses, then people complain about them and get disappointed ( I remember it happened with bettlejuice, it happened with Ghostbusters and the Purge house, and I think one of the walking Dead) And missing the best originals. ( I think I have replied to people about it before online)

And yeah, it would be pretty heartbreaking to hear that a family out of state or something skips on Oddfellow or darkest deal or blood moon and they choose Chucky. There are so many people walking around with the Chucky Bucket or dressed with Chucky clothing or t shirts..... so many people that love Chucky. I wonder what's gonna happen.
This event has so many amazing original houses this year, I think all other 9 houses are great. This one is so rough. Really really rough.
This house is like the Fast and Furious of HHN :lmao:

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I haven’t seen the house or watched a walkthrough, but, was curious: does Orlando’s iteration have any of the custom Chucky dialogue, or is it all existing clips from the show?
We do have custom dialogue, a lot of it is in a pre-show/queue video.

Although Hollywood has the upper hand in the 'kill count' aspect of it. Ours is just mostly Chucky yelling at Universal.

We do have custom dialogue, a lot of it is in a pre-show/queue video.

Although Hollywood has the upper hand in the 'kill count' aspect of it. Ours is just mostly Chucky yelling at Universal.

Huh. We have the yelling at Universal in our "preshow," too, which involves the Chucky's above the facade calling out various things. I think Chucky being more actively involved during the maze instead of the random clips would've fared better, especially since we have many of the same approximate sequences.

I just did my second walkthrough and I liked it better. I think I missed a few scares last weekend.

Also, did anyone notice what could be a GAT button? Right next to the fireplace in the second building. My wife noticed it and pushed it, but we weren’t sure if it did anything.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Huh. We have the yelling at Universal in our "preshow," too, which involves the Chucky's above the facade calling out various things. I think Chucky being more actively involved during the maze instead of the random clips would've fared better, especially since we have many of the same approximate sequences.

Yeah he's on tvs around the house too. Talking to you but who knows what he says. He's talking to us but his dialogue is lost in the noise. Those tvs and the giant posters of Chucky count as him being in it. I guess.
I just did my second walkthrough and I liked it better. I think I missed a few scares last weekend.

Also, did anyone notice what could be a GAT button? Right next to the fireplace in the second building. My wife noticed it and pushed it, but we weren’t sure if it did anything.
I pressed it and the people behind me pressed it and it really didn't do anything

About chuckys dialogue
I just did this house at 1 am. I payed very very close attention to the audio in the queue, but, in between the noise of the air fans, and the giant echo from the big warehouse building , it's impossible to understand what Chucky says. It's impossible. The crowd right now was small. I really really tried to listen.
But the echo from the building doesn't let you. Maybe someone else has better luck.

The GAT button releases fog from the chimney in front of you.

Holy heck in a handbasket, about last night. It did have a GAT and it may have done something so points for that I guess?

I got in the first room, saw the animatronic, and was like alrighty this is gonna be another fun chucky house. This was hands down the worst, laziest, house they have ever had at HHN. Even worse than Pitch Black or whatever that one was back in the day.

May have just gone through a themed Spirt Halloween store where instead of the jumping spider they replace the spider with a Chucky doll. One of the dolls even looked like he was broken or dead. Not sure but the one with the syringe just sort of pushed out on his belly and then dragged back in.

Just as I thought this couldn't get any worse. HHN said hold my beer, and there I saw the monstrosity. A Chucky puppet (just like most the others) with a visible scaractor holding it to move it in and out of scene for the jump scare, where they then began working the lever to make him go stabby stabby.

These poor scaractors are going to have PTSD from working this house. I hate to be so negative especially at opening because the cast work with what they can and try to figure it out.

The only way I can see this house working is if they just dressed all the cast in green screen suits, made it feel like a behind the scenes how it was shot, and turn the camp dial all the way to 11

Holy heck in a handbasket, about last night. It did have a GAT and it may have done something so points for that I guess?

I got in the first room, saw the animatronic, and was like alrighty this is gonna be another fun chucky house. This was hands down the worst, laziest, house they have ever had at HHN. Even worse than Pitch Black or whatever that one was back in the day.

May have just gone through a themed Spirt Halloween store where instead of the jumping spider they replace the spider with a Chucky doll. One of the dolls even looked like he was broken or dead. Not sure but the one with the syringe just sort of pushed out on his belly and then dragged back in.

Just as I thought this couldn't get any worse. HHN said hold my beer, and there I saw the monstrosity. A Chucky puppet (just like most the others) with a visible scaractor holding it to move it in and out of scene for the jump scare, where they then began working the lever to make him go stabby stabby.

These poor scaractors are going to have PTSD from working this house. I hate to be so negative especially at opening because the cast work with what they can and try to figure it out.

The only way I can see this house working is if they just dressed all the cast in green screen suits, made it feel like a behind the scenes how it was shot, and turn the camp dial all the way to 11

Feels like people keep saying that it's not the fault of the location. But I think I really disagree. I think this house on a tent would have been a little better. Even as it is now. ( I mean, with these exact puppets)
FREAKY had some of the same problems this house has, it Feels like This location makes things worse.
It's just a really bad location, the cut in the middle is really bad, there's no room for big sets, ( that's where the Freaky comparison comes for me) there's no room to make anything big, I don't know .... there's no a big, fully developed room in the entire thing..... not one full big room.
I'm sorry, but this feels like the worst location in the entire park. It's just not good.

Last edited:
Went through Chucky for the first time last night. I had prepped by watching the first movie and Bride of Chucky. The idea of a campy and crass hhn house sounded really fun. I had looked back on the Chucky scarezone and liked the toy horror ideas, or others had theorized hunting ‘HHN’ employees and goers or good guy employees and that would have been really fun. My jaw dropped after going through, truly no words. The cast was really trying their best but they were given so little to work with. The TVs and then a diorama of mannequins of what they just showed was so weird. It felt like a bad museum and not a house. Unimpressive sets, unintuitive scare actor placement and character ideas. The puppets were fun, love a good chucky pop out. But there should have been a ton more victim scares. Good guy employees with a chucky puppet, and not just chucky popping out like a bad whack a mole would have been a huge improvement. I think the biggest disappointment was all the mannequins. Again, museum diorama feeling. HHN for me is about the art, the sets, the creativity, the physical effects. This felt like a tunnel at spirit halloween. Definitely disappointing.