Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sooooo… are we so sure they can do Gremlins justice?
From a puppetry standpoint, I say yes. I'm letting Universal off the hook for the Chucky puppets because it's their first time doing such small puppetry on a large scale.

It's the house itself that I have a problem with, not the puppetry. Random settings with weird moments of "museum displays" of iconic kills.

Sooooo… are we so sure they can do Gremlins justice?

From a puppetry standpoint, I say yes. I'm letting Universal off the hook for the Chucky puppets because it's their first time doing such small puppetry on a large scale.

It's the house itself that I have a problem with, not the puppetry. Random settings with weird moments of "museum displays" of iconic kills.

Puppets need to be twice bigger or more ... guess. I don't longer care about accuracy. I guess. Much bigger than the movie.....
Each room needs to have a gremlin.... somewhere. On top of the actor, or the roof, even if it doesn't move. One gremlin per room. It's okay it they are static, but. No empty rooms.
That's the saddest problem with this house.
I didn't come to see victims or Chucky factory workers.....in a gremlins house I need gremlins on every room

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Here's another example.
So the bathtub room. It doesn't look like a bathroom, it's just literally a bathtub in a small rectangle room. Like the way FREAKY looked but with less detailed. Less props. And Chucky isn't even visible.

I didn't even care about the transition between buildings. The whole house has very little detail.

Reactions: ultimateforce
Just remember that Chucky was the first announcement way back at Day 1 of spec season.

So this was Universal putting their best foot forward.
Eh, that was just marketing doing it's own thing. Honestly, it feels like this house was a result of Peacock or Marketing or both having really specific criteria and quotas that had to be designed around. It's kind of the only way I can rationalize quite a bit of this house.

A house based on a toy factory cursed by Chucky including a lot of the elements from the 28 zone like Barrel of Monkeys, Operation, toy soldiers; a house that leans more into the meta elements and effectively making "HHN house goes wrong" the pitch; just a more straight Book Report house from the show. Any of these would've made more sense design wise, but the version we got feels very messy.

Also, someone let me know if I'm wrong but I very clearly remember a small step being built into the floor of a room that was located to the right of the conga line, and across from a boohole. I remember thinking if it scared me enough from the left side that the little ledge was low enough to be an ankle killer and potentially a trip hazard? Didn't get a scare from that boohole that run (again, understaffed) but still bad design for a haunt.

Eh, that was just marketing doing it's own thing. Honestly, it feels like this house was a result of Peacock or Marketing or both having really specific criteria and quotas that had to be designed around. It's kind of the only way I can rationalize quite a bit of this house.

A house based on a toy factory cursed by Chucky including a lot of the elements from the 28 zone like Barrel of Monkeys, Operation, toy soldiers; a house that leans more into the meta elements and effectively making "HHN house goes wrong" the pitch; just a more straight Book Report house from the show. Any of these would've made more sense design wise, but the version we got feels very messy.

Also, someone let me know if I'm wrong but I very clearly remember a small step being built into the floor of a room that was located to the right of the conga line, and across from a boohole. I remember thinking if it scared me enough from the left side that the little ledge was low enough to be an ankle killer and potentially a trip hazard? Didn't get a scare from that boohole that run (again, understaffed) but still bad design for a haunt.
That’s not an uncommon design flaw. I sent someone to the hospital in Screamhouse because I scared them into something like that.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but my UTH guide said that the Chucky puppet in the first room is the most expensive puppet that Universal has ever made for HHN. They said that it's a hybrid between a puppet and an animatronic, specifically for its face. I'd love to see a little behind the scenes for it.

Also, someone let me know if I'm wrong but I very clearly remember a small step being built into the floor of a room that was located to the right of the conga line, and across from a boohole. I remember thinking if it scared me enough from the left side that the little ledge was low enough to be an ankle killer and potentially a trip hazard? Didn't get a scare from that boohole that run (again, understaffed) but still bad design for a haunt
This house had the opportunity to be really fun.
The Chucky house from 2009 was actually really amazing. It was like a haunted toy factory. 2009 Chucky was a CRAZY house... Universal had already done what you mentioned ( plus the scarezone too) they did have the toy soldiers and stuff in 2009. That's why this house is so sad, because they had already done a better job 14 years ago. It's really weird.
I understand that the studio or the Chucky creator had their own requirements. But they didn't even properly adapt the kills from the movies either. They didn't even do proper kill rooms. Beetlejuice and Freaky had better, more decorated rooms. Better sets. The sets on FREAKY were very detailed actually. Really well decorated. This isn't.
Not sure if it's been mentioned but my UTH guide said that the Chucky puppet in the first room is the most expensive puppet that Universal has ever made for HHN. They said that it's a hybrid between a puppet and an animatronic, specifically for its face. I'd love to see a little behind the scenes for it.the
The animatronic really is amazing and beautiful. It's truly incredible. His face moves like in the movie. Almost exactly like the movie or show...
But it's right in front of you. Any drunk can pull his head off, I'm surprised they didn't put a net in front of him or something. ( the SAW puppets were always behind netting or metal bars or stuff. ) Chucky is right within reach, I don't know how long he will last. Anyone can try to pull him up.

Something to me that makes me curious, is that Orlando also factored the quantity of Chucky and decided to go for that rather than the quality of Chuckys. I’d almost have to wonder if they were more restrained on how many Chuckys were present, in what they could do and how they move and act. UOR is claiming 250 dolls for the house alone, right?

Also, what happened to big Chucky? He was in the pre show video, but he seems nowhere to be seen in the house whatsoever.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Something to me that makes me curious, is that Orlando also factored the quantity of Chucky and decided to go for that rather than the quality of Chuckys. I’d almost have to wonder if they were more restrained on how many Chuckys were present, in what they could do and how they move and act. UOR is claiming 250 dolls for the house alone, right?

Also, what happened to big Chucky? He was in the pre show video, but he seems nowhere to be seen in the house whatsoever.

....OMG, I forgot about that 250 doll claim....... I did not felt like I saw 250 dolls.im sure there are there, but I wonder if they count melted heads as a doll. There were body parts all around. Arms and torso and stuff.
To answer your question
Instead of big Chucky, I saw a tall man dressed as Chucky without the mask. By the end. Perhaps the giant Chucky mask broke or something. Big tall guy was definitely there,

It's really weird, there's like 4 people dressed like Chucky without masks. It's really bizarre

• Sad
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Chucky, in canon, is only 2’4” tall. He IS tiny. It’s hard to really get a sense of that in when you’re watching him because most media is predominantly close-up on him. Scale is lost. What you’re seeing in the house is accurate, it’s just disappointing because most people imagine Chucky as being closer to a 3-4 feet tall.

I just think it’s amusing that so many fans were adamant that a house of tiny toy puppets would work as effectively as massive wolf puppets as a scare effect, and nope.
I still firmly believe that puppets are a better way to go vs having an adult dressed in a Chucky costume. It really sounds like it comes down to execution.

Of course, I haven't even done it yet.

Finally figured out what this house reminds me of. This Is The End from 2015 in Hollywood. Pretty much just brightly colored mildly amusing vignettes broken up with tv screens of someone talking that you cant hear.

You made me think,
This house feels like a really bad house from howl o scream ( meaning, it would a bad house even for howl o scream standards) it's even bad for bush gardens standards. It reminded me of one of their bad houses that I did years ago. Same walls and scare set ups and stuff.
I'm not trying to be overly negative or rude or anything. It really really feels like this house belongs in howl o screams, from the low budget looking sets and walls to the room set up.

I just don’t get this house, unless you know what you’re getting into it’s very confusing. The meta aspect had me really excited but it doesn’t read well walking through the house. I love the fact that there’s a queue video BUT the audio is so muddled in the f&f queue that you really can’t hear what’s going on. Wish they had subtitles or something because I’m sure it explains the house somewhat but I couldn’t make out anything chucky was saying, questioned whether I’m losing my hearing and everything.

Edit: just noticed but after 6 years, finally got to my 100th post :party:

Last edited:
So as someone who hasn't been yet - is the animatronic Chucky part of the facade? Is it a legit high quality animatronic?