Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

The thing is, Aventura designed like a hotel you could find in any metropolitan area in the country though. Saying it is designed after something from Aventura, FL is one thing, but that does not make it a theme.

The theme here is not Aventura, FL, then theme is "modern".
Right. Like the "theme" of Saratoga Springs isn't actually Saratoga Springs, NY it is "Adirondack".

Right. Like the "theme" of Saratoga Springs isn't actually Saratoga Springs, NY it is "Adirondack".
I won't argue with you there, but even while I find Saratoga Springs to be a bit underwhelming overall, Adirondack is a much more unique theme than modern. If i'm going to spend the extra money to stay at a theme park resort, I want to be immersed.

...that said, I think modern hotels have their place and certainly an audience that wants them. Hell, the Contemporary has been doing it for 46 years and both the Coronado Springs tower and the Riviera tower seem to be generically modern so far over at WDW.

I won't argue with you there, but even while I find Saratoga Springs to be a bit underwhelming overall, Adirondack is a much more unique theme than modern. If i'm going to spend the extra money to stay at a theme park resort, I want to be immersed.

...that said, I think modern hotels have their place and certainly an audience that wants them. Hell, the Contemporary has been doing it for 46 years and both the Coronado Springs tower and the Riviera tower seem to be generically modern so far over at WDW.
My guess is Universal knew it was going to be a tower style building, they knew they were going to go with the hip and trendy modern "Contemporary" aesthetic because it's popular and CHEAP. They then went looking for an actual location that is dominated by that style. No need to look any further than the Miami metro area, and Aventura in partucular. My guess is Aventura got extra points for sounding theme parky.

I liked it better when we thought Aventura meant we were going to get a Spanish fortress theme hotel. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that's my dad's tower on middle-left. Great views but the architecture is an eyesore.

My dad's entire family lives in Aventura/Golden Isles area, they're all Colombian.

We'll know if it is really Miami Condo themed. The breakfast menu will include Lox and Bagels and Metamucil Mimosas.

There's an Einstein's bagels on every corner down here lol

My dad's entire family lives in Aventura/Golden Isles area, they're all Colombian.

There's an Einstein's bagels on every corner down here lol

It helps that they were founded in Miami too. ;)

I can't spell that Dolphins player Olfordal or something...Einstein's bought him out.

I recall living in Atlanta when no one knew what a bagel was...is Wolfies still there?

Finally ate at Joe's not too long ago....recall when prince had a club down there...recall a night in Sunrise when it was Prince's birthday when he stopped by Sunrise to jam with Santana before heading to his club...or the number of famous people I ran into on the beach in the AM after seeing a Phish NYE show at AAA...I can't believe I am not in NY and Phish is in the mist of 13 nights at MSG...and I haven't even looked at a single set list...

For anyone complaining about Contemporary/Modern design for a hotel.. I'll remind you there's Post Modern as well and that's how we got the awfulness that is Swan and Dolphin.

I can't spell that Dolphins player Olfordal or something...Einstein's bought him out.

I recall living in Atlanta when no one knew what a bagel was...is Wolfies still there?

Finally ate at Joe's not too long ago....recall when prince had a club down there...recall a night in Sunrise when it was Prince's birthday when he stopped by Sunrise to jam with Santana before heading to his club...or the number of famous people I ran into on the beach in the AM after seeing a Phish NYE show at AAA...I can't believe I am not in NY and Phish is in the mist of 13 nights at MSG...and I haven't even looked at a single set list...
Jam On on SiriusXM is playing a set from each night the following day. I have caught a few.

I hope they have been paying attention to what the Dead have been doing with box sets. The Fare Thee Well and Get Shown The Light: May '77 are the coolest box sets I have ever seen.

I would buy these MSG shows in a nicely packaged limited edition box set.

I just received one of the periodical Loew's hotel email offers . Anyway, it featured a picture of the Chicago Loew's, with a beautiful rooftop bar & lounge. If Adventura's is only half as good (Chicago is a branded Loews Deluxe), it's going to be a real delight.:) Curious if it will be a somewhat clone.

I just received one of the periodical Loew's hotel email offers . Anyway, it featured a picture of the Chicago Loew's, with a beautiful rooftop bar & lounge. If Adventura's is only half as good (Chicago is a branded Loews Deluxe), it's going to be a real delight.:) Curious if it will be a somewhat clone.

Saves money and improves quality. Sounds like a win win.