Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We'll see what Disney's version of the SCOOP looks like when the new Peter Pan ride opens and then we can really judge what to expect if that's the same system that will be used here. Based on what i've heard of it, I hope it will be actually.
From what you heard about it, how does it compare to the SCOOP currently being used at Universal? Does it have aspects that make it stand out or better?

From what you heard about it, how does it compare to the SCOOP currently being used at Universal? Does it have aspects that make it stand out or better?
I don’t know too much actually. Some stuff that’s come out from Tokyo DisneySea is all. Nothing enough to compare. Once Fantasy Springs opens we’ll be able to know more since the Pan ride there uses the system.

Of course-- the traditional "make Oriental Land Company pay for development costs, then clone for the other Disney parks" model is still in effect. :grin:

Forgive my ignorance - what is the new Peter Pan ride at Tokyo DL that I'm seeing blabbered about?

Go to around 3 mins to see the rumored system

@Chris Galindo People with inside knowledge of Tokyo Disneyland say the Peter Pan DisneySea ride will be an EMV designed in a way to make it akin to Spiderman, Transformers or the upcoming MMOM ride at EU. The ride vehicles are designed like the flying ship from PP and have very defined sight lines so they can seamlessly transition between practical set pieces and dome projection screens like the ones on MMRR which will how it will simulate flying.

So Secret wars was pushed back to 2028-2029. Due to the Multiverse theme of the E ticket, do any of you think this will further delay the E ticket?

So Secret wars was pushed back to 2028-2029. Due to the Multiverse theme of the E ticket, do any of you think this will further delay the E ticket?
I could see them straight-up canceling the ride for a new concept.

Whatever it was they planned at first (Think it was a coaster) is what they should’ve stuck with. They waited way, WAY too long to build this.

Reactions: salismetho
I could see them straight-up canceling the ride for a new concept.

Whatever it was they planned at first (Think it was a coaster) is what they should’ve stuck with. They waited way, WAY too long to build this.
Poor Marvel can't seem to catch a break with getting an E ticket. But the question remains, what else could they build instead? I also won't believe this has been cancelled until rumors or word trickle out it has. If the Multiverse E ticket had been cancelled, i think word would have gotten out. It's a shame if they did pull the plug on it. It was a very cool concept that could have been updated to evolve alongside the MCU.

Narrator voice: They did not.

(no dates have been moved. Things may be rumored, but that doesn't make it fact.)
Oh. Silly me. Must have been a click bait article. I know that there has been other MCU content like the Agatha show which have indeed been delayed in large part due to many recent MCU projects getting middling reviews.

Oh. Silly me. Must have been a click bait article. I know that there has been other MCU content like the Agatha show which have indeed been delayed in large part due to many recent MCU projects getting middling reviews.
The MCU shows have been delayed because Iger realized (smartly) that they were releasing too much content per year. So Iger wants to spread content out and not spread Feige so thin. Yes, Ant-Man 3 got bad reviews and ultimately wasn't all that good and it looks like The Marvels is in trouble, but the shows being moved isn't a sign of poor quality. They simply want to stop flooding the market place with MCU content and diluting the brand.

Also, having so many MCU shows on Disney+ is ultimately sort of pointless since most of the audience for those shows have Disney+ anyway so you're just making shows for people who are already subscribed instead of making content to attract a new audience while ALSO creating some (but less) MCU shows.

Shared this on the Disneyland Resort forum proper, but according to a commenter on the Fresh Baked Disney video on the Avengers HQ getting that gift shop, word on the street according to a GM for RSR is Disney sent the Multiverse E ticket back to the drawing board under Iger and it will now instead be a roller coaster using the same ride system as Cosmic Rewind. The GM purports that an Avengers E ticket is high up (or decently high up) on the list of things to break ground on next once all the current things announced at D23 2022 wrap up construction. Considering Iger's recent comments about wanting to do more Marvel for the parks, this makes me hopeful we will be getting some form of E ticker for AC.

And (in theory) cloning an existing ride is faster and cheaper, so 5 year build instead of Disney's usual 10 year timeline, and half a billion price tag instead of full billion...

Shared this on the Disneyland Resort forum proper, but according to a commenter on the Fresh Baked Disney video on the Avengers HQ getting that gift shop, word on the street according to a GM for RSR is Disney sent the Multiverse E ticket back to the drawing board under Iger and it will now instead be a roller coaster using the same ride system as Cosmic Rewind. The GM purports that an Avengers E ticket is high up (or decently high up) on the list of things to break ground on next once all the current things announced at D23 2022 wrap up construction. Considering Iger's recent comments about wanting to do more Marvel for the parks, this makes me hopeful we will be getting some form of E ticker for AC.

Who's Fresh Baked Disney?

Who's Fresh Baked Disney?
David From Freshbaked a Blogger is who I assume he is talking about

I dont know what they will do but seeing how many people loved Toontown after its refurb, that shows me at least Disney doesn't need to invest billions into E tickets any more. Most people seem fine with just a ride that is fun, not that a Avengers Coaster wouldn't be fun but I'd much prefer a ROTR new kinda ride over a coaster but thats just me

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
California Adventure does need a new coaster and Cosmic Rewind is universally liked (outside of the location), so a coaster with that style is a perfect fit for the park. I hope the rumor is accurate.

Reactions: Freak
Theoretically, if this rumor is true about changing the E-ticket into an indoor coaster like Cosmic Rewind (And I pray that is the case!), I really hope they approach the story by having Tony Stark providing the tech. I want this because it would give ample opportunity to have some classic rock blasting on the ride (Maybe Sabbath or AC/DC since MCU stark was really into that music).

So if this rumor is true, I have to wonder if they're going to change the story completely or keep the multiverse story but change the ride system. I'm going to guess they'll probably have the same idea but a different ride system to not come across as to fickle.