Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am going to get pooped on - but a roller coaster? really? I dont see them as e-tickets, d-tickets at best.... I do believe the rumor too sadly but CA Adventure deserves a true E-ticket. The multiverse attraction seemed very well suited as a candidate. I hope it isn't true, but you just don't know with new management. I want an Avengers ride that will actually rival IoA's Spider-Man in terms of superstar attraction.

I am going to get pooped on - but a roller coaster? really? I dont see them as e-tickets, d-tickets at best.... I do believe the rumor too sadly but CA Adventure deserves a true E-ticket. The multiverse attraction seemed very well suited as a candidate. I hope it isn't true, but you just don't know with new management. I want an Avengers ride that will actually rival IoA's Spider-Man in terms of superstar attraction.
What coasters have you ridden? Because I'd definitely describe Cosmic Rewind as an E-Ticket, while Tron is a lower E-Ticket at best and a high E-Ticket at worst.

Reactions: snayberry and Freak
What coasters have you ridden? Because I'd definitely describe Cosmic Rewind as an E-Ticket, while Tron is a lower E-Ticket at best and a high E-Ticket at worst.
I will admit - I have not ridden Cosmic Rewind. But I would not describe it as an e-ticket from what I have seen. in fact, the only roller coaster I would ever compare to an e-ticket is Escape from Gringotts, and even that has softened among its local crowd. Something about coasters at a THEME park does not scream e-ticket to me... it screams cookie cutter, especially if its a clone.

I would not even consider Tron E-ticket. Just because it's under an IP banner does not make it so.

I agree. Having been on Cosmic Rewind and been to Avengers campus, that land need an epic scale E. Yes the park needs another coaster, but it's not what Avengers Campus needs and I don't consider Cosmic Rewind to be worth the wait if that's all it is. It does seem to be well liked so I can see the temptation to clone it, but the land needs it's own ride on the level of Rise and Cosmic Rewind is not that.

Reactions: chris.g
I agree. Having been on Cosmic Rewind and been to Avengers campus, that land need an epic scale E. Yes the park needs another coaster, but it's not what Avengers Campus needs and I don't consider Cosmic Rewind to be worth the wait if that's all it is. It does seem to be well liked so I can see the temptation to clone it, but the land needs it's own ride on the level of Rise and Cosmic Rewind is not that.
It's possible that even if they were sticking to the Multiverse E ticket, I have a feeling it will still not be as ambitious as Rise. Would it be an E ticket, yes. Rise level ambition, no. Also Rise has a lot of tech issues as well with sometimes hour plus downtimes.

Reactions: Freak
It's possible that even if they were sticking to the Multiverse E ticket, I have a feeling it will still not be as ambitious as Rise. Would it be an E ticket, yes. Rise level ambition, no. Also Rise has a lot of tech issues as well with sometimes hour plus downtimes.
Would still gladly take it. Doesn’t even have to be on the level of rise.

Reactions: Nick
Would still gladly take it. Doesn’t even have to be on the level of rise.
It needs to at the very least give the land a true headliner that will get people excited. I'd love a little innovation into trying to make the best ride possible to round out this land. The land is currently underwhelming and the only saving grace is knowing that there's still this expansion plot. Don't waste it.

It needs to at the very least give the land a true headliner that will get people excited. I'd love a little innovation into trying to make the best ride possible to round out this land. The land is currently underwhelming and the only saving grace is knowing that there's still this expansion plot. Don't waste it.
Maybe they are still using the multiverse storyline albeit with a CR ride system.

For reference, you are all discussing whether or not you approve of proposed changes from a rumor posted by the commenter "MonkeTux" under the YouTuber "FreshBaked!"'s video entitled NEW Gift shop at Avengers = MORE MARVEL? | Disneyland News 03/28/2023. The full text of the comment is as follows:

"Last time I went to Disney land roughly 3 months ago, the operations manager for the radiator springs racers was talking to us during a breakdown. He was saying the rumor going around the block is that Construction for the avengers ride will begin in late 2023 to early 2024 and will finish in 2025. He said the very strong rumor is it is a roller coaster, completely indoors. Now he was reluctant to give more details, but I am wondering if its the same ride system as the guardians ride."

Frankly, I'm not sure this even has enough credibility to qualify as a rumor. Even if this random commenter's story could be verified, the operations manager they're sourcing was being very vague in a way that seems easy to misinterpret. I also don't expect that a operations manager for Radiator Springs Racers would know much about the details of a completely different attraction that's still at best in the planning stages anyways. And as the YouTuber "FreshBaked" pointed out in a reply to the commentor, there is no possible way Disney would be capable of building this proposed coaster attraction within two years like they claim, casting further doubt on this "rumor".

I don't think there's much worthy of discussion here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
I will admit - I have not ridden Cosmic Rewind. But I would not describe it as an e-ticket from what I have seen. in fact, the only roller coaster I would ever compare to an e-ticket is Escape from Gringotts, and even that has softened among its local crowd. Something about coasters at a THEME park does not scream e-ticket to me... it screams cookie cutter, especially if its a clone.

I would not even consider Tron E-ticket. Just because it's under an IP banner does not make it so.
Even though I don't necessarily agree, I do understand where you're coming from. DCA really could use that Indy or Rise level of E-ticket at Marvel would definitely fit that mold. The biggest issue I see is that would the proposed multiverse ride even deliver? Being that this was announced under the Chapek administration, this could've been very easily a MMRR-level ride with a ton of screens. If it came down to an absolute screen fest dark ride vs a screen fest but it's a really fun roller coaster, I'll take the latter.

DCA does need both a high-calibur dark ride and a highly-themed family coaster, but IMO DCA really needs a coaster more. For one, DLR hasn't had a new coaster since DCA opened with Screamin'/IncrediCoaster. There are people that can legally drink that weren't even born yet the last time DLR added a coaster of any kind...okay Space Mountain '05 but that was a redo. It's time.

For reference, you are all discussing whether or not you approve of proposed changes from a rumor posted by the commenter "MonkeTux" under the YouTuber "FreshBaked!"'s video entitled NEW Gift shop at Avengers = MORE MARVEL? | Disneyland News 03/28/2023. The full text of the comment is as follows:

"Last time I went to Disney land roughly 3 months ago, the operations manager for the radiator springs racers was talking to us during a breakdown. He was saying the rumor going around the block is that Construction for the avengers ride will begin in late 2023 to early 2024 and will finish in 2025. He said the very strong rumor is it is a roller coaster, completely indoors. Now he was reluctant to give more details, but I am wondering if its the same ride system as the guardians ride."

Frankly, I'm not sure this even has enough credibility to qualify as a rumor. Even if this random commenter's story could be verified, the operations manager they're sourcing was being very vague in way that seems easy to misinterpret. I also don't expect that a operations manager for Radiator Springs Racers would know much about the details of a completely different attraction that's still at best in the planning stages anyways. And as the YouTuber "FreshBaked" pointed out in a reply to the commentor, there is no possible way Disney would be capable of building this proposed coaster attraction within two years like they claim, casting further doubt on this "rumor".

Over on the DLR forum proper even I pointed out the timeline given sounds way too good to be true.

Reactions: alomar

Frankly, I'm not sure this even has enough credibility to qualify as a rumor. Even if this random commenter's story could be verified, the operations manager they're sourcing was being very vague in way that seems easy to misinterpret. I also don't expect that a operations manager for Radiator Springs Racers would know much about the details of a completely different attraction that's still at best in the planning stages anyways. And as the YouTuber "FreshBaked" pointed out in a reply to the commentor, there is no possible way Disney would be capable of building this proposed coaster attraction within two years like they claim, casting further doubt on this "rumor".

Yeah this falls in the "I heard it from a CM" camp. This has nothing legitimate backing it as far as we can tell here.

Too many rumors being spread around here lately that are coming from random forum commentators on other theme park sites , that have no theme park insider reputations. They seem to become an echo chamber, but really have no credibility. The dip and dots stand man is becoming a rock star, unfortunately.

I'm glad you feel the same

It feels insane people are down to lose a ROTR level ride, for a cool coaster

I think a coaster inspired by cosmic rewind would be great for DCA but not as a replacement for an Avengers ride which teased multple hero's and timelines which would not work that well as a coaster

Reactions: Jake S and chris.g
The one/two punch of Nintendo World and F&F Drift, ups the ante for all so cal parks, especially Disney. They'd better come back guns ablaze whatever Marvel ride they add.

The one/two punch of Nintendo World and F&F Drift, ups the ante for all so cal parks, especially Disney. They'd better come back guns ablaze whatever Marvel ride they add.
I agree in a way

But also in the short term Disney can do whatever and fans go wild.....look at the comments above as proof a cloned coaster with a new theme is fine for most theme park goers.

But I hope Disney puts more effort into the ride then that, Avengers films were all huge and I think deserves a top tier ride

I agree in a way

But also in the short term Disney can do whatever and fans go wild.....look at the comments above as proof a cloned coaster with a new theme is fine for most theme park goers.

But I hope Disney puts more effort into the ride then that, Avengers films were all huge and I think deserves a top tier ride
At least an Avengers ride even a coaster, would have more effort put into it under Iger vs Chapek. And who knows, maybe some version of the original Multiverse ride system could see the light in another E ticket dark ride at DCA, likely in a Hollywood land revamp. That would work out as you can have more thrill type rides in Avengers Campus while a new Hollywood land (maybe themed to Disney Animation Studios proper) can have more elaborate family rides. The plot of the multiverse attraction could even be recycled into a plot for an E ticket featuring the Princesses. I am sure that would be a hit among the GP.