Attendance Tracker | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not wearing any rose colored glasses. I'm an impartial lover of all parks, even small amusement parks.
Nothing intended personally. Just my take on a "possible future scenario". I'm just not sold on all of the giddiness concerning expansions besides Avatar, TSL & SWL. There's lots of dark clouds on the horizon that could curtail those other plans.

Nothing intended personally. Just my take on a "possible future scenario". I'm just not sold on all of the giddiness concerning expansions besides Avatar, TSL & SWL. There's lots of dark clouds on the horizon that could curtail those other plans.

Exactly, all those expansions have money allocated but Disney doesn't pay them off up front but over years and Disney is tied to the economy and if we go into another recession. I expect them to do what they did last time and cut rather than take advantage of the labor.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I agree - especially with Avatar's price tag. But i'm still much happier getting these lands than what we've been getting for the last 10 or so years... which is basically nothing.

Is that due to the Court decision requiring a Parliament vote on Brexit? That's kind of the way it's being reported here on international news stories.

Spot on. I've wondered what the effect would be if Trump wins.

I think it would be selfish to hope for such a decision, I wouldn't wish that on all my American friends here.

I'd be very greatful if it could make its way up to 1.35 by spring next year but that's probably too optimistic. I'm expecting 1.15-20

Reactions: Scott W.
Sea World earnings report got overlooked due to the elections. Revenue and profits were down slightly. Stock was up after the report.

Key quotes from the Orlando Sentinel:
.SeaWorld Entertainment said it is aggressively cutting costs.

The company wouldn't give specifics, although Chief Executive Officer Joel Manby suggested there will be less emphasis on theming rides.
It sounds like it will be more like Six Flags.

Attendance was relatively flat. Visitation at the company's Florida locations increased 1.3 percent in the third quarter. SeaWorld attributed that to new attractions, including the new Mako roller coaster in Orlando and Cobra's Curse.

SeaWorld said the attendance jump from those rides "more than offset" a decline in Latin American attendance, overall softness in Orlando and the impact of bad weather. Without the Latin America impact, SeaWorld said, attendance in Florida would have increased 4 percent.
Finally, someone reporting an attendance increase in Orlando.:)

SeaWorld says it's cutting costs as revenue, profit decline - Orlando Sentinel

I'd be very greatful if it could make its way up to 1.35 by spring next year but that's probably too optimistic. I'm expecting 1.15-20

Even if it did reach that high, May wants to trigger article 50 before March 31st and I could honestly see it dropping to £1 to $1. I don't have any faith that the government aren't going to screw it up.

Worse case scenario, it will be a bit more expensive but you'll still have a great time.

Reactions: UAN17
Quite frankly I would really like sea world to add fun rides that don't have to cost a fortune (compared to the other parks) like Mako, but I hope they don't make cuts on the shows to pay for it. I think they have the best overall shows of a singular park.

Quite frankly I would really like sea world to add fun rides that don't have to cost a fortune (compared to the other parks) like Mako, but I hope they don't make cuts on the shows to pay for it. I think they have the best overall shows of a singular park.
I hope Mako is what they mean by less theme because that is just good enough for me and to compete as a cheaper park in this market.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Overall adjusted domestic Disney park attendance was down 10%, but adjusted for there being one more week in the quarter last year it was 3% down. Disney said that WDW attendance was actually up in adjusted numbers, but that would mean DL was down at least 9%. That just doesn't sound right. Per person spending at domestic parks was up 7%. Revenue was up 1% but income was down 5%. Reservations were down 2%. More talk about ways to increase revenue and even about building more hotels, though that is more likely for DL.

Disney: Expect more theme park hotels - Orlando Sentinel

Reactions: SeventyOne
Lots of discussion today on CNBC financial shows speculating that Disney will try to sell ESPN, perhaps to Apple or Comcast.
Comcast could use this to get back Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. :)
i

Reactions: DK745
They try to spin that attendance...
Yeah, the way they phrased it they kind of tried to confuse it with a small (1%) very weak revenue gain due to increased prices in tickets, hotel rooms and food plus cuts in operating expenses and then they extrapolated it with the entire year by extending the 2015 entire extra week into the 2016 fourth quarter. Book spinning at it's best. What would those numbers look like without the all around price increases and operating/staffing cuts.....Then look at Comcast's Universal theme park revenue gain percentage for the same time period from their fiscal report. Huge difference. Universal theme parks flying high and Disney theme parks barely getting off the runway.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender