After-Hours Magic Kingdom Event | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

After-Hours Magic Kingdom Event

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I imagine the profit point is well below 3000, but I can't imagine it was anywhere close to 400 though. I really don't think this will be successful. But I also think they made a huge mistake starting it in their slow season. If they wanted to do this they should have either started it during Spring Break, Memorial weekend, or Summer. Starting it on a slow day in a slow season was silly and a bad business decision.

The interesting point made by Jim Hill is that Disney have conditioned people to plan their vacations so far in advance that when something like this arises with only 3 weeks notice, people don't have the flexibility to make it work.

The interesting point made by Jim Hill is that Disney have conditioned people to plan their vacations so far in advance that when something like this arises with only 3 weeks notice, people don't have the flexibility to make it work.

I also agree with this. It should have been advertised to start in the summer.

Reactions: Scott W.

I'd counter this by saying "then the day of sales for a desert party at MK won't work".

I would be pissed if I bought one and find out they were giving them away for free.

Agreed. This event was just poorly executed from day one. I still can't figure out why this was not announced to start Memorial Weekend. I think it would have been more popular. Successful? Don't have a clue. But it would be better than it is now.

Agreed. This event was just poorly executed from day one. I still can't figure out why this was not announced to start Memorial Weekend. I think it would have been more popular. Successful? Don't have a clue. But it would be better than it is now.
This has certainly been a "Black April" for Disney. Just about nothing has gone right. Maybe it's "Tom Staggs Revenge" mojo. ;)

That makes perfect sense, especially with a few people I've talked to just assuming they're having 24 hour events again this year. So if they were looking for some after hours fun...voila! Pay up.

I'd counter this by saying "then the day of sales for a desert party at MK won't work".
Well the TLT portion of it is constantly sold out and people do ask what it is and if they can pay and have to be turned away. I assume this is why they think expanding to the new hub/FP+ spots will be worth it.

Couple reports tickets being handed out to random resort guests and/or friends of CMs tonight.
I heard a lot were given/offered to DVC members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Just read that AP holders and DVC members can now buy the tickets at half price. Guess demand was underwhelming....

It's def worth the consideration now.

I'd say so, I'm still on the fence about going to WDW this year and the only park I'd really want to go to is MK. If I can go on this many attractions for the price, it's very tempting but if it's performing this poorly, I doubt it will still be on the go come September.

Reactions: Fatality
I hope that they'll allow the general public to purchase at that price.

Honestly, at $75, I'd call it the best value at Disney or Universal. 7 hours (if they let you in at 4), 3 of them without any crowds, plus food? Hell, knowing you can get in at 4, I'd reconsider if $150 is that awful of a deal. It's not great, but it's a better value than most give it credit for.

Thought. Offer this at $100 or so, let people in at 6pm for a 10pm closing. Park closes at 1am. Offer ticket only when UOR has its parks closing early. Perfect way to rope people in.

Interesting. It is for 5 nights that they have the reduced rate ($75) for Passholders and now they say it is 25 attractions. That is a ton more than the original select list they had posted.

For five special nights starting April 28 through May 19, 2016, more excitement awaits after we close the gates during Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park! During this enchanting event, you could be among the very limited number of Guests who will get to enjoy more than 25 of the Park’s most popular attractions for an additional three hours after it closes with little to no wait.

The question is how many times can me and my daughter ride Space, Thunder, Splash, Mine Train, and Peter Pan in 3 hours? lol

Last edited: