2022 Holiday Season at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal Forums

2022 Holiday Season at Universal Studios Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
It's quite telling how little Universal thinks of the Benedict Cumberbatch movie when they still use the Jim Carrey version to promote Grinchmas.

It's quite telling how little Universal thinks of the Benedict Cumberbatch movie when they still use the Jim Carrey version to promote Grinchmas.
At least the 2000 movie is a cult classic with fans who love it. The Illumination take on the Grinch, well...

For one thing, I saw a video of the Illumination Grinch meet-n-greet character at USJ, and he looks so generic. He's cute, which I'm sure is what the Japanese love, but I much prefer the Jim Carrey Grinch over that. I haven't seen the movie itself though, so I can't really say anything further.

With Whoville getting all new set backdrops for the Holidays...can one hope that we might be finally getting a Grinchmas show back into the park proper for the season?

With Whoville getting all new set backdrops for the Holidays...can one hope that we might be finally getting a Grinchmas show back into the park proper for the season?
Eh I don't see it until next year when that theoretical stage built for HHN at Uni Plaza, or even for AA during the Summer, can be used for Grinchmas. It looks like the future of the Uni Plaza will probably be a flex show venue and only then do I see them using it for a Grinchmas show.

Reactions: salismetho
Honestly, if they had a reason why then I'd understand but after the higher then expected summer crowds and amazing HHN crowds....I have no idea why this event is basically the same as last year.

We are not in a Pandemic any more and I went like 4ish years ago where they had the stage (same size as now) filled with a new show every 30 mins and it was wonderful.

Hope next year feels more special

We are not in a Pandemic any more
I'm sorry, but I have a major problem with that statement. I still double-mask in public for a reason, and crowds still scare me a little. I don't mean to go off-topic here, but people are still getting sick, it's just that folks are giving up on staying safe and suffering as a result. I'd rather that not happen to me.

I'm sorry, but I have a major problem with that statement. I still double-mask in public for a reason, and crowds still scare me a little. I don't mean to go off-topic here, but people are still getting sick, it's just that folks are giving up on staying safe and suffering as a result. I'd rather that not happen to me.
That’s your choice

On every metric for this and future events it’s over
Summer and HHN were packed and they have been making money

so it sucks we are getting so little invested in this event compared to last events

Eh I don't see it until next year when that theoretical stage built for HHN at Uni Plaza, or even for AA during the Summer, can be used for Grinchmas. It looks like the future of the Uni Plaza will probably be a flex show venue and only then do I see them using it for a Grinchmas show.

Challenging that, it looks like an entirely new stage set-up was made altogether. Hopefully tonight gives us a new TLC rendition!

Reactions: JS610
Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who knows USH food but stay away from the holiday popcorn chicken and waffle, absolutely atrocious.

Had one of those cake jar deserts too, was kinda meh. I do appreciate them offering more this year, but I really wish they'd step up their food quality game.

It's really sad how you can only find showtimes on the day of, if at all in the app. Even for a permanent show like WaterWorld, let alone the holiday shows. They don't post showtimes for future days unless I'm missing it somewhere. They don't even have park hours available further than next month.

I had to ask a random TM about the Nighttime Lights showtimes. He pulled out a folded paper with 6-point font print and after a few minutes was able to tell me that it starts at 6pm and every half hour after that.

What happened to www.ushwaittimes.com? When did that go down? That was more useful than the app.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
@JS610

Found this on the Facebook App because like here...people have questions and I guess an App is too hard to update everyday
FA83129F-CC81-494D-83AD-51D11B80F922.jpeg

Reactions: JS610
Apparently the first showing of Lights on Hogwarts was at 5:30. Never saw a sign, but saw the fireworks while waiting for the Grinchmas tree lighting lol

The Holidays have returned to Universal Studios Hollywood once again! @UniStudios