2022 Holiday Season at Universal Studios Hollywood | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

2022 Holiday Season at Universal Studios Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's really sad how you can only find showtimes on the day of, if at all in the app. Even for a permanent show like WaterWorld, let alone the holiday shows. They don't post showtimes for future days unless I'm missing it somewhere. They don't even have park hours available further than next month.

I had to ask a random TM about the Nighttime Lights showtimes. He pulled out a folded paper with 6-point font print and after a few minutes was able to tell me that it starts at 6pm and every half hour after that.

What happened to www.ushwaittimes.com? When did that go down? That was more useful than the app.
There’s also shows they do without announcing it. 10 shows a night is usually what they do on a Saturday

Went Yesterday, a very....very packed park.

Can't even imagine it next Christmas season

Supposedly, the Springfield restaurants/Three Broomsticks BOH had their fire alarms all go off so all of those restaurants had to dump everyone into the walkways. One of the WaterWorld showings also had technical issues so they cancelled that showing which dumped another huge crowd. Add in JW down for refurb, it sounds like an absolute mess during those times.

There’s also shows they do without announcing it. 10 shows a night is usually what they do on a Saturday

You mean like Frog Choir and TriWizard Spirit Rally? Yeah, I don't think they ever post showtimes for those shows.

Which show do they do 10 shows on Saturdays, Nighttime Lights? If so, they'd have to do it more frequently than every 30 minutes.

Supposedly, the Springfield restaurants/Three Broomsticks BOH had their fire alarms all go off so all of those restaurants had to dump everyone into the walkways. One of the WaterWorld showings also had technical issues so they cancelled that showing which dumped another huge crowd. Add in JW down for refurb, it sounds like an absolute mess during those times.

You mean like Frog Choir and TriWizard Spirit Rally? Yeah, I don't think they ever post showtimes for those shows.

Which show do they do 10 shows on Saturdays, Nighttime Lights? If so, they'd have to do it more frequently than every 30 minutes.
Yeah they have one starting from 5:30 onward. Usually

Went Yesterday, a very....very packed park.

Can't even imagine it next Christmas season
I was there Saturday morning — it was already packed and on top of everything JW and FJ were down. I figure December weekends would be slammed, but is this year worse than recent years past?
Supposedly, the Springfield restaurants/Three Broomsticks BOH had their fire alarms all go off so all of those restaurants had to dump everyone into the walkways.
Yeesh, the crowding in Springfield is already intense — can’t imagine what this looked like!

Last edited:
I was there Saturday morning — it was already packed and on top of everything JW and FJ were down. I figure December weekends would be slammed, but is this year worse than recent years past?

Yeesh, the crowding in Springfield is already intense — can’t imagine what this looked like!
FJ was down pretty much all day, so for about an hour. The only things open were Simpsons and mummy

It gets crowded, especially later in the month but normally around now its not this busy.

In the past they just let you walk into the Grinch area...now you have to wait in a side area and be let in

Basically from what I've seen this year USH is wayyyy more crowded then normal on more days, I think people just want to get out more because of Covid and if this trend continues plus Nintendo Land is open....god help us...lol

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513