2013 Food & Wine Festival | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

2013 Food & Wine Festival

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a trip to the Mouse planned for next week and after seeing that Flower & Garden preview we booked another trip to go back in 4 weeks. I did F&W the last weekend this past year and it was a mess. 30 minute waits for pretty much every booth. I'm hoping the Flower & Garden fest is a little more relaxed.

Food and Wine is over rated, over crowded, and so expensive I can't believe people can even afford to do it anymore.

I have a trip to the Mouse planned for next week and after seeing that Flower & Garden preview we booked another trip to go back in 4 weeks. I did F&W the last weekend this past year and it was a mess. 30 minute waits for pretty much every booth. I'm hoping the Flower & Garden fest is a little more relaxed.

Flower and Garden I would guess isnt as hectic only because they don't have the booths set up with the food and drinks that are there for only the limited time so that is out out of the equation but last year they did add a few food booths around so I can see it turning into Flower, Garden and Food and if that is the case then I would expect the crowds to grow.

I went last year and none of the booths seemed too long. I know the one we waited in there was only 1 or 2 people in front of me. I don't think the general person who goes to it knows about the booths enough to attract a huge crowd. But obviously it was successful enough for them to bring it back.

Food and Wine is over rated, over crowded, and so expensive I can't believe people can even afford to do it anymore.

If you can afford to eat at a sit down place in epcot you can afford food and wine. If you go to say Germany it is like $33 a person and that does not include alcohol. Two people is $66. So now you basically have $66 to purchase food with for two people. You can easily stay within that amount and try a variety of food. If you want to add the wine part, well that would have been more at the sit down place, so obviously it is gonna cost more at the booths too.

The couple times we went the lines were long, but moved fast. Normally only waited 5 minutes or less. When you go with a bunch of people it is better. Most of us split up and go to different booths at times. So that helps too. I always have a fun time.

Flower and Garden is never packed and is actually pretty cool.

But when it comes to Food and Wine, a HUGE rule of thumb is never go too early too late in the event, because people either want to be first, or "OMG its almost over we gotta go!" mode.

Roodles and I went on a Friday around 11am the first weekend in October and at that point all the booths we were able to walk right up and order. It did start getting busy by the time we felt around 2 so if I were to go again I would make sure it would be for lunch and avoid the dinner/after work crowds

I always go the second or third weekend. Probably why I never see major crowds either. This last time it was the second weekend.