Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Your Luck has Run Out!

When I went last Friday, the "guardsmen" with the noise sticks weren't in this zone. They were actually roaming in the area between 7 and Grown Evil, by Mel's Drive In.

Chainsaws and the guardsmen(?) are a nice addition to the zone. Saw a girl run so hard from a chainsaw last night she tripped on a curb and face planted.

Enough with the chainsaws! They're not that scary. Every haunted house in my area seems to rely on, like, 25 guys in stupid masks with fake chainsaws running around. What happened to good old fashioned ghosts and monsters? All of these dumb fake weapons and Saw type torture scenes are such a bore.

Enough with the chainsaws! They're not that scary. Every haunted house in my area seems to rely on, like, 25 guys in stupid masks with fake chainsaws running around. What happened to good old fashioned ghosts and monsters? All of these dumb fake weapons and Saw type torture scenes are such a bore.

I agree with you 100%
But it is what the fools want and expect... and complain when they don't get it.

I like chainsaws. Most of us have become numb to them, but a lot of people get really freaked out over them and it's entertaining to watch. Just like that fog machine smell, it's just one of those classic HHN characteristics that reminds me of the event. But as much as I like them, they kind of overdid it this year. Acid Assault & 7 don't really need them. They're strong enough zones without chainsaws. (And chainsaws in Acid Assault don't even make a whole lot of sense with the backstory. But that's just me being a fanboy and nitpicking.)

It works for Saws N Steam because it's, well... Saws N Steam. And it works for Lady Luck's minions because now they're just a new CDT that fits with the theme.

When I went last Friday, the "guardsmen" with the noise sticks weren't in this zone. They were actually roaming in the area between 7 and Grown Evil, by Mel's Drive In.

They have since switched with Death Drums, so Death Drums is in that road intersection area, and Lady Luck's minions are outside Your Luck Has Run Out on the lagoon's side. Not sure if that switch is temporary or not though.