WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

WWoHP coming to USJ in 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
According to Mugglenet, JK Rowling is planning to attend the July opening in Japan. Wonder if she'll make a stop in Orlando for Grand Opening???

The Wizarding World at Universal Studios Japan is opening in 45 days and the @USJ_Official twitter has been posting some stunning pictures of their Hogwarts!

BlgWsc1CAAAtGc4.jpg:large

BlgXg7WCYAIlVRV.jpg:large

BnwI2DoCQAE4bdM.jpg:large

BoJ4ykLCMAA1GF7.jpg:large

BowgtKTCMAAg2iq.jpg:large

Bo4PFxRCAAAEG94.jpg:large

Bo9YvmeCMAEuBIa.jpg:large

Gorgeous...

No show building and a nice long reflecting lake in front..makes me a bit jealous..but then I remember we have Diagon

That is very cool, to have the lake in front and no visible show building. I can't wait until they update google maps so I can scope out the whole area. And I really can't wait to see the POV video of their FJ ride.

I think there might be some visible show building still, these are 'choice' shots. Fortunately it doesn't really matter in USJ, they've already screwed the pooch on sight lines there.

Is the Hippogriff coaster an exact clone from Orlando?

I think, unfortunately, it's safe to assume Japan isn't getting a Great Hall restaurant. It's not featured on the website. I suppose they could still add it to Hollywood if they wanted.

Bunch of new videos !

First one : Look @ 1:02 , the entrance of Hogwarts is slightly different ( seems you go directly right )

[video=youtube;UZkhFL5K4aQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkhFL5K4aQ[/video]

Portraits talking japanese ! Weeeeee

[video=youtube;N9ghVVCgLlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ghVVCgLlo&list=UUNcTCwkiRhifEBEwTcqk4TA[/video]

Finally , the castle is bigger on the right and hides the warehouse more efficiently !

( seems so much bigger it could contain Great Hall, they would already talk about it though )

[video=youtube;BsM1K8yw4GU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsM1K8yw4GU[/video]

The Japanese design and color style of presentation is so alien to me. It always seems so garish and western carnival like. It makes me wonder how the marketing people of UC and WB adjust to the look and know that it looks professional by Japanese standards.

Is it true that the Japan version has a "walk-through" Hogwarts Express? Not really an attraction, but more like a more detailed photo op. I really wish more videos and pictures would surface of this park!

Is the Hippogriff coaster an exact clone from Orlando?

I think, unfortunately, it's safe to assume Japan isn't getting a Great Hall restaurant. It's not featured on the website. I suppose they could still add it to Hollywood if they wanted.
I think it's much more needed at USH. It will be unique to that park, and with USH not having the advantage of being located overseas like Japan, it needs all the uniqueness it can get as Orlando is obviously the premiere Wizarding World experience.

Nice little new interview with Thierry about Japan:

"SnitchSeeker: Diagon Alley is opening a week before the park in Japan. What are the plans for the Japan opening?
Thierry Coup: Japan opens the 15th of July.

SnitchSeeker: How different will the park be in Japan?
Thierry Coup: Japan is more like Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, so very similar. They made a few little changes because of the way it was placed in the park. But overall, you’re going to have the same experience.

SnitchSeeker: I saw a picture of the Black Lake.
Thierry Coup: They have a lake and they have a forest that you walk through to get to Hogsmeade, which is cool.

SnitchSeeker: Is it the same walk-through as it is here?
Thierry Coup: For Hogwarts, it’s the same attraction.

SnitchSeeker: Will you be there for the opening?
Thierry Coup: I probably will. I was there not too long ago to check on everything and make sure it’s all perfect. It looked great – incredible."

Source: http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potter-news/universal-svp-talks-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-diagon-alley-gringotts-more-97960/