WWE Hall of Fame to Universal? | Inside Universal Forums

WWE Hall of Fame to Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 7, 2012
More wrestling night be headed to Universal Orlando. Current Impact Wrestling films weekly TV for Spike Tv but rival Wwe may be headed to Universal as well.

Various media outlets have reporting for quite some time on WWE wanting to open a physical location for its Hall of Fame.

WWE has been in working on this for several years. In 2011, the company hired someone who was put in charge of this project on a weekly basis.

The WWE will more than likely have the Hall of Fame location in Orlando. Universal Studios in Orlando is owned by NBC. NBC of course has a long standing relationship with WWE. NBC Universal owns USA and Syfy network as well as have aired many WWE specials over the years.

Because of this relationship, WWE is expecting to get a space in Orlando but has not finalized terms on the exact location.

WWE has been in the process of developing and creating many of the attractions the Hall of Fame would contain. A source said they want a physical Hall of Fame location to be an experience like a museum, a place people come back to more than once and will spend more than an hour to fully experience the facility.

There's currently no specific time table of when this location could be open and active, however WWE feels there are enough pieces currently in place that beginning operation in 2013 is very possible.

What do you guys think - has anyone heard anything?

Credit Wrestlezone:http://wrestlezone.com/news/264797-...-wwe-possibly-opening-a-physical-hall-of-fame

Last edited:
Not at all. City Walk maybe? That is quite a niche market though for families on vacation. It is either one person in the group likes it or not many at all. Don't see that working out too sharply.

I know there was talk with the Orlando Thrill Park was being considered. First I'm hearing that it's rumored to go to Universal though.

Wrestling is a guilty pleasure for me. So i'm actually a bit excited at the thought of them bringing this to Citywalk. I do think that a restaurant/museum concept would work better though.

Wrestling is a guilty pleasure for me. So i'm actually a bit excited at the thought of them bringing this to Citywalk. I do think that a restaurant/museum concept would work better though.

They had a restaurant in Times Square in NYC. Dined there once. Wasn't anything to brag about. The idea may work better in a theme park setting, I don't know.

No interest in this what so ever. Would much rather see something else take up a spot in a new retail entertainment complex.

They had a restaurant in Times Square in NYC. Dined there once. Wasn't anything to brag about. The idea may work better in a theme park setting, I don't know.

I went there once as well. Still the only restaurant I've been to that offered to sell the menu.

Outside of the XFL I think the restaurant was WWE's biggest flop with a loss of something like $20Million.

EDIT: Just noticed original story was from WrestleZone. I would consider them to be wrestling's version of the Orlando Park Hopper.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if it took over NBA City TBH...would probably serve a better purpose there and draw a bigger crowd then that place currently does.

i think this will actually draw a big crowd. the wwe is extremely popular among kids and their parents will have the nostalgia of seeing andre the giant and rick flair material around. I think any addition to city walk is a great addition.

I wouldn't mind if it took over NBA City TBH...would probably serve a better purpose there and draw a bigger crowd then that place currently does.

If this rumor were true. This would definitely be the location that would be best for it. I'm a huge basketball fan, and even I've never eaten there.

NBA pulls a crowd though. It's one of only 2 sport bars in Citywalk, that really helps it.

They need to get rid of one, and make the other an NBC Sports Bar. NBA and Nascar aren't names that are going to make large populations go "Yea, I definitely need to go there."

Make one an all encompassing sports bar and get rid of the other, IMO.

They need to get rid of one, and make the other an NBC Sports Bar. NBA and Nascar aren't names that are going to make large populations go "Yea, I definitely need to go there."

Make one an all encompassing sports bar and get rid of the other, IMO.

That would be great. It could be split up into NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR.

Neither of those restaurants are controlled by Universal, they're third parties renting space. You guys probably know that already though.