Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wonder Woman (2017)

In a large sense, this is going to become something major for DC and Warner.

Geoff Johns stated that WW would be the beginning of more positive DC films along the horizon. I almost expect major announcements at Comic Con, all revolving on The Flash, Wonder Woman 2, Batgirl, and The Batman.

I think they also made have realized Synder may not be the best creative for this universe....this gets me more hyped for Aquaman.

I think they also made have realized Synder may not be the best creative for this universe....this gets me more hyped for Aquaman.

James Wan has been the one director out of all of this, with the slight hesitation with Matt Reeves and Jenkins (which, I will find out soon) that I wholeheartedly find excitement towards, and hope that Aquaman gets moved up from it's current spot.

Got my Disney Springs ETX tickets for tomorrow!
rock.gif

My review..

Wonder Woman - 6.5/10

In recent years, DC have received a bad reputation for their films such as Batman Vs Superman and Suicide Squad. Therefore, I was interested in seeing this movie, to finally experience my first DC film. Before the film, I wasn't honestly too excited, when I watched the trailers. Personally, I thought the film looked alright but wasn't the right film I me. Sadly, I was right.

Positives
- The young Dianna performance was superb and was by far my favourite character.
- The fight scenes were quite good but weren't too imaginative.
- The music was mostly good but nothing spectacular.

Negatives
- Humour was awful and quite frankly immature. Nothing throughout made me laugh or even smile (except the product placement...)
- It was really obvious at times green screens were used. The opening minute of the film looked very CGI and quite fake/ unrealistic.
- I noticed 2 plot mistakes including something lost being suddenly worn by that character and the back story completely contradicting what happens.
- It was a bit boring and never seemed to end, leading to me constantly looking at my watch, counting the minutes until the film ended.
- The film's villain, wasn't a huge surprise and his story didn't make sense.
- Historically, some aspects of the film were unrealistic for WWI like having women/ children in the trenches.

My review of Wonder Woman..

Wonder Woman - 9/10

I have a soft spot for the DCEU. I fully get the reasons with the problems, and that I won't ignore it. But, I have had doubts with Wonder Woman, all the way leading up towards the Critical Response that I would go out with a "it's good" vibe. And that once the critical response came out, I actually was getting excited but kept my own guard down, as I don't want to be disappointing.

I am glad that I kept my guard down.

Positives
  • The pacing in the film, to me; is one of the best that I have seen in any Comic Book film in years. As someone who cares a lot about stuff like that; I loved the film so much by this, and that I thought Jenkins and crew mastered it.
  • The Score, has always been a highlight*, and that to me; I actually really do love how it is used in the film
  • Gal Gadot, reminds me in how Chris Evans took on Captain America. I actually really loved her acting, and that she played Diana extremely nicely. In a sense, I love how they handled this, and that I am not dissapointed in her performance. I also love the chemsitry between her and Pine, as it feels more realistic compared to Snyders take on Clark and Lois.
  • I loved how they handled Diana and the Amazonians in their backstory, and that I thought of that they handled the way they explained on the fact of the existence of Themyscira.
Negatives
  • I think, the Villain of the story; was somewhat weak and didn't get as much screen-time that I would like. Although that'd ruin an element of the film (which I won't mention), I wish there was more time with the villain himself, and that I hope Cheetah is in WW2.
  • You have to be a lot more open minded, but that I do agree that there were some elements of Word War 1 that were not accurate. I get why, but I didn't think it was necessary.
  • The film, as strange as it may be; should be a bit longer. This is me nitpicking, but perhaps 5 more minutes would suffice, and that I think it would've helped the story more
  • Lack of Post-Credit. Yes, Call me spoiled; but the fact is that so many are now accustomed towards it, and that Suicide Squad does have one in the film, that I think they could've easily done a teaser for Justice League at the end-credits of the film. It would've made sense, and that I wish they did that.
  • Some of the characters, I don't exactly remember their names. They weren't particularly memorable, and that some from the trailer don't get as much screen-time as I would've thought.
Overall, Wonder Woman to me; is an great film that should be seen. If for anything, the cultural impact that this film will have on the film industry, as there will be an impact because of this. I am excited to see her in Justice League, as I care for Diana as a character; more-so than in BvS and that I hope people get the chance to see it.

I've written my honest opinion of the film on another site and I've received a lot of hate because I didn't enjoy the movie. It's very sad that in the 21st century, you cannot have an opinion to the majority, without backlash.