Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 673 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-7-jpg.jpg

Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-8-jpg.jpg

Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-14-jpg.jpg

Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-12-jpg.jpg

Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-13-jpg.jpg

Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-16-jpg.jpg

Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-19-jpg.jpg
Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-20-jpg.jpg
Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-21-jpg.jpg

ALL CREDIT GOES TO WESH :drool:
February
Harry-Potter-expansion-1-jpg.jpg

Now
Harry-Potter-construction-10-13-17-jpg.jpg

Reactions: Dan_raven

From those small blurry pictures, it is hard to tell if they are sculpting the bricks in place or if they are prefabbed. Has anyone here had eyes-on?

Too, the (what-I-assume) might be the leaky and/or borgin burkes location is very very very tall relative to the other buildings. Why might this be?

Last edited:
:lol: Seriously!

I'm glad we'll be seeing some better pics soon! :cheers:

Yessuh, I want to be able to count the hairs on the Nassal worker's butt cracks. :stunned:

PS: That is intended as an outrageous overstatement of how much I look forward to hi-res pics. I hope the original hi-res will be available as a separate link.

^ That weird long canopy/overhang thing jutting into diagon is leaving me cold. What will it supposedly represent?

My guess is an employee catwalk of sorts. If you look closely on the Goblin Corner photos it appears as though the staircase and railings run directly into the overhang. The overhang runs directly into the side of the Leaky Cauldron structure. So perhaps it is a means to alleviate the inevitable congestion. A quick way to get workers from point A to point B. Crazy idea, I know. But for the life of me I can't figure out what else it could be.

My guess is an employee catwalk of sorts. If you look closely on the Goblin Corner photos it appears as though the staircase and railings run directly into the overhang. The overhang runs directly into the side of the Leaky Cauldron structure. So perhaps it is a means to alleviate the inevitable congestion. A quick way to get workers from point A to point B. Crazy idea, I know. But for the life of me I can't figure out what else it could be.

That would be an interesting use for it. This is also gonna cast some shade, which should be helpful in Florida. They probably got crazy amounts of complaints about the Ollivanders queue in Hogsmeade, where you could be standing for hours under the sun... not great :ack:

Yeah. It will be great for shade. As far as what it is themed as? It reminds me of the shot we see out of Harry's room in the Leaky Cauldron during Azkaban. There was a big elevated span of steel. Partly a covering, but it looked like part of it ended in a train shed of sorts. My memory may be fuzzy...

Yeah. It will be great for shade. As far as what it is themed as? It reminds me of the shot we see out of Harry's room in the Leaky Cauldron during Azkaban. There was a big elevated span of steel. Partly a covering, but it looked like part of it ended in a train shed of sorts. My memory may be fuzzy...

Exactly what I was thinking. Here's a good view:

[video=youtube;KmfYr7YqGnY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmfYr7YqGnY[/video]

Exactly what I was thinking. Here's a good view:

[video=youtube;KmfYr7YqGnY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmfYr7YqGnY[/video]

That's it! So, the UOR version wouldn't include the glass canopy, but it sure could represent the elevated train track.
And it wouldn't be covering a muggle market. It would cover Diagon Alley instead.

Although I am 95%-98% sure it will be used as a walkway, like NathanB said, for TMs to get across the land quickly/discretely, I can't picture it being depicted as elevated train track for the life of me.

It's not really an iconic-enough structure to run it along the whooooole top of Diagon (is it?). At least not from what I recall. That, and the fact that they already have a train station in the land. It would probably confuse some guests as to why a train is elevated that high and where it leads to when there's a train station located a lot lower to the ground right next to them.

It looks to me as though it could just be a walkway themed to a Diagon-style bridge of some sort. A covered bridge. Like with an interior setting to it (although not really, cause it's just a TM walkway). Catchin mah drift? Anyone? No?

Teebin: I'm no expert but I can't find any prefabbed pieces of brickwork leaning along any of the scaffolding, along the ground, or anywhere, really. Just buckets and maybe some trowels? :shrug:

Talk about immersive......it's gonna be crazy walking through there with the crowds that are expected!:stunned: Will definitely have the feel of the movies in that regard. I can definitely see staggered entry times.....especially right after it opens.

From those small blurry pictures, it is hard to tell if they are sculpting the bricks in place or if they are prefabbed. Has anyone here had eyes-on?

Too, the (what-I-assume) might be the leaky and/or borgin burkes location is very very very tall relative to the other buildings. Why might this be?

I was just there yesterday and up close it looks like they're pre-fabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.