Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Plaza....how clever haha. Hey, I'll take it! Better than a blocked off/abandoned area. Any word if they'll still use the area for Grinchmas or HHN, like, a confirmation?

Also, i wonder if they'll have any food for that area or expand the Flintstones grill. Probably nothing beyond a churro stand lol

The name for the new park seems to be (wait for it): "Universal Plaza". It'll feature a small water play area, but mostly gardens and simple grass pads, as well as some benches. Think a flat version of Paradise Park in DCA.
I'm hoping they do this right. The park desperately needs a central area that's easy for guests to flow in-and-out. Wish they could add a central feature to make it more distinguishable, but it's still better than nothing.

Thanks for the info, Schmosby!

If it was up to me, and I may get criticism for this, but I'd actually move the Universal Globe inside the park and have it in the middle of Central park. To put it into Disney terms, I feel the inside of the park needs some sort of "weenie". Or, keep the original globe in it's current location, and install one similar to the Florida version but bigger in the center of the park, surrounded by some fountains/water. 

Also, isn't one of the future hotels supposed to be built right in front of the current Universal Globe? It would get very congested in that area! I'd love for the icon of the park to get more attention.

^ Oh, i definitely understand that haha. And i knew someone was gonna mention that. I guess what I meant was that if Universal wasn't so limited in land, a permanent central park with a cool icon would've been nice.

If it was up to me, and I may get criticism for this, but I'd actually move the Universal Globe inside the park and have it in the middle of Central park. To put it into Disney terms, I feel the inside of the park needs some sort of "weenie". Or, keep the original globe in it's current location, and install one similar to the Florida version but bigger in the center of the park, surrounded by some fountains/water.
I'd probably argue that we need another globe altogether in the center of the park. One that resembles the globes in Florida, Japan and Singapore. That would be a nice feature if they were willing to keep Universal Plaza clear of any seasonal events.

^ Exactly, that's what I was saying! It'd be awesome to have a centralized globe icon at the park, similar to the one in Florida but bigger. But like you said, seasonal events and future expansion there would deem it pointless.

Still, I think a central icon inside the park somewhere is much needed. Any idea where else it might go? I think some many argue that once we get Hogwarts, it'll be our icon, but i don't want it to be. We need a new Globe somewhere.

They could definitely use some things from Edith Head if the studio lets them.

Can't wait to see what they have in store. I'm sure this will improve navigation tremendously, since Universal has lacked a central park area for many, many years.

Well I like it too, but I'd prefer a more impressive globe. Especially considering they're planning to plop a hotel right behind it, it's gonna be dwarfed even more....

I'd really like an Orlando type globe in the center of Universal Plaza...

Yeah. At least if the hotels come, there will be more shade in the front, but it'll look hideous if there isn't a backdrop of some sort on the front wall of the hotel.

It'll be interesting to see how much detail they put into universal plaza due to HHN and Grinchmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allen,

Despicable Me is a fun ride! I think you'll enjoy it.
I'm not arguing that it's not fun or quirky or enjoyable. I'm sure ill enjoy it. I'm just sore that it's not as innovative as T2 was for it's time or even how exciting it was till it closed. Also, I'm so over Universal's reliance on simulators. Love the park, but it needs to cut down...