Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Ah, I see. I ditched Twitter last year because of the whole Elon Musk debacle so I didn't catch this. Very cool artwork though! Kinda reminds me of Animal Kingdom Lodge and Aulani combined into one. Was this created by the same Chinese firm that drew up those epic looking concepts for SeaWorld Orlando a few years back? This almost looks too good to be built under today's leadership.

Ah, I see. I ditched Twitter last year because of the whole Elon Musk debacle so I didn't catch this. Very cool artwork though! Kinda reminds me of Animal Kingdom Lodge and Aulani combined into one. Was this created by the same Chinese firm that drew up those epic looking concepts for SeaWorld Orlando a few years back? This almost looks too good to be built under today's leadership.
From what I know, they are still very interested in building it

By "it" I mean, some version of a hotel concept in this area lol

This looks to be a bit more ambitious than what they'd build today

But idk about cost, buildings, etc, it could have been less than a new coaster for all I know

From what I know, they are still very interested in building it

By "it" I mean, some version of a hotel concept in this area lol

This looks to be a bit more ambitious than what they'd build today

But idk about cost, buildings, etc, it could have been less than a new coaster for all I know

Depending on how ambitious it'll probably be more expensive than the typical coaster, but WAY MORE profitable. They can't charge Animal Kingdom Lodge prices, but they can make a lot more revenue than the local hotels.

Depending on how ambitious it'll probably be more expensive than the typical coaster, but WAY MORE profitable. They can't charge Animal Kingdom Lodge prices, but they can make a lot more revenue than the local hotels.
Honestly, considering the choices in the area, it doesn't have to be AK Lodge level

Something on par with Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point or Dollywood's DreamMore but African/Jungle themed would be great

Especially if it overlooks the Serengeti

Honestly, considering the choices in the area, it doesn't have to be AK Lodge level

Something on par with Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point or Dollywood's DreamMore but African/Jungle themed would be great

Especially if it overlooks the Serengeti
Agreed, the competition in the area is not stiff lol. If they basically built a Mariott level hotel with Busch Gardens style building decor it’d be the best hotel for miles.

Unrelated, but I thought I read somewhere that Rescue Tails has already ended its run..? If so, is there any indication what might replace it? I think a new non-seasonal, high quality show is overdue; the last truly good shows were Iceploration and Opening Night Critters, and nowadays the park barely shows anything at all.

Agreed, the competition in the area is not stiff lol. If they basically built a Mariott level hotel with Busch Gardens style building decor it’d be the best hotel for miles.

Unrelated, but I thought I read somewhere that Rescue Tails has already ended its run..? If so, is there any indication what might replace it? I think a new non-seasonal, high quality show is overdue; the last truly good shows were Iceploration and Opening Night Critters, and nowadays the park barely shows anything at all.
Very true lol

Yes it has closed, I imagine they will use it this summer and queue space for HOS

That area is getting redone, so the theater's days may possibly be numbered, we'll see

That area is getting redone, so the theater's days may possibly be numbered, we'll see
I do wonder to what extent Pantopia would actually be changed... The last time area at this park actually got a retheme it was when this same area got the refresh/upgrade from Timbuktu to Pantopia, and that was back in the pre-Scott Ross days. With the way they operate nowadays, I picture the park basically just knocking down whatever's in the path of whatever new roller coaster they want to build and calling it a retheme lol, basically like the "new" Arctic area in SWO. I'm really hoping that won't include the theater though, it's a really good venue and they've already done away with multiple others around the park.

With the way they operate nowadays, I picture the park basically just knocking down whatever's in the path of whatever new roller coaster they want to build and calling it a retheme lol
This has been my worry since the SEAs parks starting getting a new ride in each park every year. Once Iron Gwazi opened and BG started gaining more traction online, I've been seeing the most wild takes on Twitter or YT comments on what should be added and where it should go/replace and I feel like if the park started going in that direction then it would just be a quick way to become Six Flags Tampa

You know anything or just dreaming? I saw on a FB group I frequent that a family B&M invert was rumored, potentially replacing Sand Serpent.
I heard that BGT was working with Vekoma and a B&M Giga has been in the works for a while, well, since 2018/19 anyway...So just some deductive reasoning as it would make sense to unveil a family coaster next year and a Giga for the EU opening year

Another B&M invert, even one made specifically for families, seems unlikely

I need to get out to Sea World and BGT again soon. I'm local and can get in free via some friends and yet I never go. Still haven't been on Iron Gwazi, Serengeti Flyer, Ice Breaker, Infinity Falls, and can guarantee I won't be on Pipeline for a bit after it opens, either.