What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still haven't been to the park since it opened so I haven't seen what the sightlines look like, but tbf I think it's probably for the best Serengeti Flyer isn't super visible; it'd be an eyesore. Rhino Rally had 45 minute lines back when it had the water portion, so maybe it could be partially a lack of interest from people who know it's there?

Honestly, the swings aren't that tall. You really only see them from an actual ride or just a bit of it from the Serengeti railroad. There's just a few trees they can trim down between the elephant enclosure and the ride itself to increase its exposure.

"Indefinitely?"
I've heard until August at least
As for Sand Serpent, I wish they could have moved this elsewhere in the park and placed it indoors. BGT needs an indoor coaster during the summer/torrential downpours.
Feel like it could be a good replacement for that Coke Canopy stage that didn't really need to be built, would put another attraction in that area of the park

I've heard until August at least

Feel like it could be a good replacement for that Coke Canopy stage that didn't really need to be built, would put another attraction in that area of the park
NEED AN ATTRACTION IN BIRD GARDENS!! AND THE OLD MARRAKESH THEATER/EMPLOYEE PARKING LOT!!! GIGA SPLASH!!!!!

If Skyride reopens, they announce whatever is going in Jungala, and they find a solution to a new sit down restaurant (boy do I miss the old Crown Colony days.) they will have it made.

As for this new hotel that is rumored, I hope they really give it all they can give it because then that will draw in the droves.

They are gonna have a lot of land over in Pantopia, hope they decide to try a family dark ride now. It’s time.

Wonder what the original plans for SandSerpant was. If I recall they filed permits to put the ride inside an indoor inclosure a few years ago.

If Skyride reopens, they announce whatever is going in Jungala, and they find a solution to a new sit down restaurant (boy do I miss the old Crown Colony days.) they will have it made.

As for this new hotel that is rumored, I hope they really give it all they can give it because then that will draw in the droves.

They are gonna have a lot of land over in Pantopia, hope they decide to try a family dark ride now. It’s time.

Wonder what the original plans for SandSerpant was. If I recall they filed permits to put the ride inside an indoor inclosure a few years ago.
Feel all they've been waiting for is the right tech so they can buy a package for the chain. Intamin Dome Ride Theater opened at Seaworld Abu Dhabi last month... Akbar building is just sitting there waiting for it. Laughable how literally every attraction at Busch is affected by the most unruly Tampa climate. Over a decade since a solid show, over 2 since an actual indoor attraction, and no streetmosphere. Hope they hear us.

Theorizing/spitballing here, but what if Project Halcyon *isn't* the demolition of SandSerpent/most of Pantopia East. Before I dive in further, do know that this could be completely wrong, but I am just putting it out there in case it is valuable.

So for starters, we haven't seen the actual permits for Project Halcyon- rather a description of demolition that explicitly mentions "Demolition of existing attractions, foundations, fences, trees, and site clearing." Remember that all this is still technically the case in Jungala, just with SBNO attractions of Jungle Flyers and the (burnt) Wild Surge. One note within the permit's response to the city involved specific, protected trees- a lot more trees are located in the Jungala area, which is literally called the "Treetop Trails" due to their integration into the area. The description of the permit for Project Halcyon also expressing mentions 4 affected buildings. While this could mean those four attractions in particular, this does leave some questions, like the Falcon's Fury MCC room kinda in the middle of all that. Does Jungala potentially actually include four buildings? Also, after a quick search, I couldn't find any permits from when Phoenix was demolished- which makes me wonder, could this also be true for the other attractions in that area?

Also, it seems to me to be a bit of a stretch to demolish that whole section of Pantopia, and open an "exciting new addition" in Spring 2024. There is, however, already started some kind of work backstage to Jungala, as I have seen some walls around this general area:

Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 4.41.03 PM.png
Now obviously that's not going to be the layout of a ride, but it seems like a logical base as to where work could occur in Jungala for the start of a new ride. Also, gut feeling tells me a family ride makes a tad more sense in the Jungala space than in the middle of Pantopia, which could in theory be used as the epicenter of future expansion to the park.

Just figured I'd throw my two cents in, and obviously take nothing as confirmed. But those reasons are why I think Jungala, rather than Pantopia, might be responsible for Project Halycon as we have seen thus far. I could be completely wrong in this, but I figured I'd put it out there as a possibility, even if albeit a slim one.

Large HOS props are being placed in the park now, sadly I don't have any pictures but they should be popping up online in a few days. How early is too early?
Same company that posts bragging abt leaving HOS building and Santa's Workshop up all yr while passholders who the park relies on constantly walk by it and wonder why these buildings can't be used for indoor attractions.

I believe the skyride is now down for the count
Everything I've heard says the new park president wants to spend as little as possible, which is disappointing considering Neal was trying pretty hard to make at least some valuable updates (Coaster Coffee, Springs Taproom, new Entrance Facade, etc.). So yea, that sounds about right.

UPDATE: As of this morning, the signs for the Skyride have been covered within the park, and it has been removed from the website.

Last edited:
Everything I've heard says the new park president wants to spend as little as possible, which is disappointing considering Neal was trying pretty hard to make at least some valuable updates (Coaster Coffee, Springs Taproom, new Entrance Facade, etc.). So yea, that sounds about right.

UPDATE: As of this morning, the signs for the Skyride have been covered within the park, and it has been removed from the website.
Yea after checking the website I thought it may finally be finishing its refurb but one sign is now down and the other has been covered. Always got that vibe from him when he was previously at the park, and wouldn’t be surprised that the Skyride which has been receiving maintenance daily lately is now just done for officially as soon as he returned

That's very disappointing. BGT wasn't doing well, but it was at least getting some improvements. When I think of 2017-2020, I think of Turn It Up, budget cuts to seasonal events, the Coke pavilion, detheming the outer walls and entrance signs, closing the Pantopia theatrical shows, drastic quality/quantity cuts to food offerings, including the closure of the Serengeti Overlook buffet, adding Tigris and IG with virtually no theming, and approving the bad idea of Serengeti Flyer. I wonder to what extent Stewart Clark was responsible for these things.

Reactions: BuschAfrica