Whats everyone's favorite part of the tram tour? | Inside Universal Forums

Whats everyone's favorite part of the tram tour?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 26, 2015
Glendale
Hi all!

Whats everyone's favorite part of the tram tour?

I personalty love 6 points and the court of miracles for the history, and the new Kong for the "ride".

My favorite part of the tram used the be the battle of Galactica. (live action with practical effects)

I also really miss the original Kong, the tram driving through a giant dark room recreating New York was just too cool.

Wish they would update or do something with earth quake, I love the history but I feel its looking really dated in effects and what not, much like the flash flood, falling bridge, and even the Red Sea.(I still love them but I feel they could use a little or a lot of something)

I also want to say i'm really hopeful for the coming nighttime tours, if the rumored live actors are true it would really give the tram a live show feel it used to have with Galactica.

And a big shout out to universal for letting you eat on the tram, you got to love a ride that last over 40 min and lets you take a bear and food. :D (wish they had cup holders or something!)

Jurassic Park, just seeing the actual props like the TLW trailer and the JP3 boat...as well as seeing the Dilophosaurs 'attack' the car'.

Reactions: DonRaf
Definitely Courthouse Square.

Even when I used the ST as a 1-hour relaxer to surf the web on my phone/daze off, I always perked up when we reached it and would be disappointed if we wouldn't.

Reactions: DonRaf and transfo
Just....so much of the tour. I've said this a billion times, but it's the heart and soul of the park and just fills me with nostalgia. Courthouse Square gives me the chills as a major BTTF fan, I love Earthquake (practical effects for the win!), and just...all of the tour haha.

From walking up to the entrance, to seeing the trams, to every little familiar bump in the road or set, it's just all magical.

My favorite part of the tour is King Kong, Earthquake. I just like it when ride elements are included in the tour. That's why I'm so excited for Supercharged! 

I would like Universal to update Kong because it's reaching the 5 year mark. Probably add front projection and better effects. Maybe also have a randomized experience such as Star Tours in Disneyland. 

Earthquake and Jaws are pretty good, and King Kong has been a surprise hit lately (I swear they've turned up the sound!).

As for the real poopers - the Home and Family stop is pretty loathsome.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jaws suppose to have an effect where the tram tilts? 

I don't know if it's because I'm playing my dubstep too loud or not, but I think the sound for Kong decreased. 

ehh...I'm not a fan of Home and Family so it's one the boring parts of the tram. 

Reactions: Anthony
The JAWS, Jurassic Park, and Flash Flood segments are probably at the top of my list. All three coincidentally incorporate water effects, which are my favorite parts of the tour.

I've never really been fond of Six Points. I've always found it to be a boring buffer zone between major parts of the tour, and the extensive clip of Jimmy Fallon's shootout gets tiresome.

I've never really been fond of Six Points. I've always found it to be a boring buffer zone between major parts of the tour, and the extensive clip of Jimmy Fallon's shootout gets tiresome.
I don't want Jimmy Fallon doing the tour during Night. I love the guy, but his lines aren't appropriate for a night tour IMO. We should have directors such as Steven Spielberg doing them. Give a more relaxing approach. 

I don't want Jimmy Fallon doing the tour during Night. I love the guy, but his lines aren't appropriate for a night tour IMO. We should have directors such as Steven Spielberg doing them. Give a more relaxing approach. 
Fallon is good in small doses, but his personality is incredibly grating after a few rides on the tour. I'd take Ron Howard over him any day.

The court house really brings "the feels" same for the Lyon estates sign!

Six points much like the court of miracles, could be boring, as most of us find the movies filmed to before our time, but the history is so strong I cant help but get the chills thinking of the black and white films made.

How far cinematography and movie making magic has come really shines on the tour!

Thank you for replying to my post everyone!

Fallon is good in small doses, but his personality is incredibly grating after a few rides on the tour. I'd take Ron Howard over him any day.
They really could use a few host that they go through at random much like the star tours ride :)

They REALLY need a different tour video for the Night tour, agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: techmaniac16
I can't stand Fallon on the tour. Extremely cringe worthy humor and material and I rarely see any tourists or guests enjoy him. Would've been fantastic to see Spielberg be the main host of the tour, and then have other different directors and actors give their thoughts during the different locations on the tour.

Six points much like the court of miracles, could be boring, as most of us find the movies filmed to before our time, but the history is so strong I cant help but get the chills thinking of the black and white films made.

They really could use a few host that they go through at random much like the star tours ride :)
Six Points always reminds me of the standoff between Marty and Buford during the the 3rd BTTF movie. Such a classic. That's why I believe it is so important to the tour. 

I can't stand Fallon on the tour. Extremely cringe worthy humor and material and I rarely see any tourists or guests enjoy him. Would've been fantastic to see Spielberg be the main host of the tour, and then have other different directors and actors give their thoughts during the different locations on the tour.
I totally agree man. Spielberg is the heart of Universal and made the company what it is today. He deserves that spot more than anyone. Fallon can still be part of the tour, but just in small segments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why Universal chose Fallon, but he really has no gravitas to be hosting the tour. He's not something that I relate to Hollywood culture - let alone someone that stands out in the business.

Kong and Earthquake do it for me. Honestly the Psycho house is always a kinda fun moment...looking forward to see the new refurbished house just really wish the project would of included a fresh coat of paint for the Bates Motel sign given that it's as iconic as the home and it kinda looks pale and theres no real contrast there. a fresh new coat of paint on the motel wouldn't of hurt either 

Like, he's linked with New York....he has zero connection with Hollywood IMO.

I'm nitpicking but I especially hate where he's talking about New York Street/The Metro Sets. Like, they're talking about the amazing practical sets, and Fallon's entire segment is all green screened.....

I don't think we need comedy from the "host". I think the comedy should come from the tour guide. For real though, Steven Spielberg is to Universal what Julie Andrews is to Disney. He should be the host. He'd be perfect. And everyone knows and loves him.