What was you Favorite stage of old SES? | Inside Universal Forums

What was you Favorite stage of old SES?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They were such successful and fun segments. I'm wondering why they can't do the exact same thing right now for the "new" one? I personally think there's too much emphasis on the hosts in the current version.

True...and I get that, but they could add tighter mini versions of the old segments still and it wouldn't slow down the show. A large segment of the current show is the audience watching screens that are showing clips from movies. I'd rather see more interactive elements. Even if they're short.

The more interactivity, the higher repeat value the show has IMO. People would wanna come back again and again for a chance to be part of the show.

I was just gonna mention - they need a show that'll make people wanna come back and watch it again and again. WaterWorld is a must for me every time I visit the park, and I wish I could say the same for SES.

Reactions: alexvstorace
I basically love all 3 stages. they were all amazing. i volunteered for Fluffly Scene in stage 2 and stage 3, Everything but the Voice Backgrounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when I would go all the time as a kid and it was The World of Cinemagic.

I loved loved loved the Back to the Future stage. I remember thinking about how cool it was and always wanted to "fly" the DeLorean.

Had much less attachment for the original Special Effects Stages, but it bummed me out a lot when the foley part did not make it to the revised Castle Theater version... as well as perplexed. That was by far always the guests' favorite segment.
I can't explain how jealous I am that I never got to experience the BTTF stage...

Reactions: alexvstorace
Technically it wasn't its own stage but apart of the First Sound Stage which showed the use of screens and practical props. I always wanted to ride that half DeLorean as a kid but didnt have the guts.

I really enjoyed the Creature Factory. Shame they can't replicate the intimate feeling. Comedy does better in smaller rooms like that.

As a kid, I was always scared of the creature factory room. Partially because it WAS so intimate and dark and in your face. And then electronic buzz when Fluffy was turned on was so eerie haha.
 LOL Definitely Agree! it also freaks you out  more when your in the front seat of the show! Haha So Child Hood memories.

Weird, I always enjoyed stage 1 and no one else mentioned it.  I never went on the attraction because I thought stage 2 and 3 were boring!!!

However, I think I enjoyed The World of Cinemagic better than Special Effects Stages.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the original Special Effects Stages just happened to find a niche in its small space. I can understand why Universal decided to host a bigger show on the Upper Lot, but many things just coincidentally worked when they had the original show in the Lower Lot.

Intimate atmosphere + laid back hosts + secluded location. I doubt we'll ever get something similar again.

^ absolutely. I regret not going on it as much before. I'm glad we got transformers but sad we lost a unique show.

USH of all the Universal parks needs to have something like Lights Camera Action or Special Effects Stage(s). I mean, we're THE studio park, everyone comes to see behind the scenes stuff!

If/when SES leaves the Castle Theatre eventually, any clue where they may be able to squeeze a new SES/something similar somewhere else? Obviously we know it doesn't have to be a huge space! I'm just blanking on where they can put it....

Regardless, I think everyone can agree that USH needs to have a special effects/behind the scenes type show.