What is Your Favorite Universal Ride? | Inside Universal Forums

What is Your Favorite Universal Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Forbidden Journey. It starts with the fabulous castle & queue. It continues with a great combination of AA's, screens, thrill and the sensation of flying.

The Mummy because its the perfect balance of indoor thrills, sets and practical effects without being over-reliant on screens.

It's seriously like picking children. I'll pick my two from each park. Spider-Man is the definition of a perfect ride, absolutely flawless in pretty much everyway possible, blows your mind everytime, phenominal. As for USO it's ET all the way. It's not just nostalgia for me, it's a truly special pretty much all the way around. You can't deny it's charm, great sets and the overall magic of it all. When I go on that ride I get a buzz of happiness no other ride can replicate. Special and fantastic

It's seriously like picking children. I'll pick my two from each park. Spider-Man is the definition of a perfect ride, absolutely flawless in pretty much everyway possible, blows your mind everytime, phenominal. As for USO it's ET all the way. It's not just nostalgia for me, it's a truly special pretty much all the way around. You can't deny it's charm, great sets and the overall magic of it all. When I go on that ride I get a buzz of happiness no other ride can replicate. Special and fantastic
Yes, we get that same feeling on ET. It's always the first & last attraction we ride on a Universal vacation. My GF actually had tears in her eyes when we rode ET to end her first vacation at Orlando. I have a smile on my face through the entire queue & ride. And I'm the same way with Splash Mountain at WDW.

For me its a toss up between MiB and Mummy. I could seriously spend the entire day riding those two rides over and over again.

Not saying anything bad about the other rides but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for 3d, getting thrown around, a big coaster, or don't feel like being cold and wet. Popeye would definitely be high on my list otherwise I love that darn ride.

Haunted mansion is the only other ride to give me just pure bliss while riding. You just can't get experiences like those by watching movies or playing a game, it's what makes theme parks so special. Rides don't have to be exciting, fast and mind blowing, the best rides are the ones that have the biggest emotional impact. Rides like those are why I love these places so damn much and why I'm here today. More of them definitely need to be made

May I pick one from each?

IOA: Spiderman - got me obsessed with Universal and is one of the best rides in the world, simply a game changer

USF: Mummy - I can ride it over and over and never get tired...from the dark ride elements, to the few puffs of airtime, this coaster is just plain fun...

IOA Runner up - FJ
USF Runner up - Gringotts

I'll go with Spider Man. It's been said but it's literally the perfect ride. I've been on it enough times in my life that I could probably recite every single line. But it never gets old. The HD upgrade a few years ago was a great move because it was a way to make it more fresh and modern without changing the ride at all. It's always the ride that begins and ends the vacation.

To pick one from USF is hard. Mummy used to be my favorite when I was a little younger, but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Still great nonetheless. Transformers is great but just a Spider Man clone. I was totally let down by Gringotts. I was expecting so much more from that ride. I really miss Jaws though. I didn't start to appreciate it until it's last years. But it was such a classic

My answers are biased due to my love of innovative ride systems and the engineering behind them. So I will let the lack of a defined story or a couple of sight lines pass with ease in favor of a "new way" to experience an attraction.

Overall
1. Gringotts
2. Forbidden Journey
3. Spiderman
4. Revenge of the Mummy

1. Gringott's
2. Spiderman (basically tied with gringotts)
3. Forbidden Journey
4. Mummy
5. Mib

The one thing that I didn't like about the spiderman upgrade was that they removed the fog effect of electro vaporizing water dude.

Universal: Mummy
Islands: Jurassic Park(it's a classic!)

My runners up are:
Universal: Transformers
Islands: Spider-Man

Can't wait to see what else Uni brings down the road!

Definately Terminator 2 3D!! :)

1. Terminator 2 3D
2. Jurassic Park
3. Harry Potter Forbidden Journey
4. Men In Black
5. The Mummy
6. Simpsons
7. E.T.
8. Spider-Man
9. Jaws

Haven't experienced Gringott's yet.

I'll never forget the first time I rode Spiderman and we got to the part where you're car starts going up in the air. I was completely blown away. Such a simple effect but an amazing finale battle scene.