What Games Are You Playing? | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I finally finished RE4 on Quest 2 last week. Had a ton of fun with the game and the graphics were surprisingly good in VR for a game from 2005. Will definitely play it again once the VR mode comes out for the RS4 remake.

In the meantime I’m looking at playing some of the other RE games and The Evil Within games. My next flatscreen game will probably be The Evil Within and next VR will be either Resident Evil: Village or TWD: Saints & Sinners Chapter 2 (I usually play two simultaneous making it take longer to beat each game bc the frequency I play the games is less).

Huge Dead by Daylight fan here, and where are my fellow killer mains at?

Recently got back into Splitgate, which is a great online shooter that's essentially Halo meets Portal.

Finishing up Dark Souls II (playing through all the Soulsborne games for the first time!).

Very excited for Starfield!

Planning on finally starting up Resident Evil, debating between starting with RE2R or RE7.

Recently got back into Splitgate, which is a great online shooter that's essentially Halo meets Portal.

Finishing up Dark Souls II (playing through all the Soulsborne games for the first time!).

Planning on finally starting up Resident Evil, debating between starting with RE2R or RE7.
RE7 is great. Ethan’s arc starts in RE7 and continues in RE8. If you want to follow Leon S. Kennedy’s arc, he starts in RE2, RE4, and is in RE6 (which I’ve heard is the worst in the franchise). RE3 takes place roughly concurrently as RE2 with different characters.

Reactions: HHN Maddux

I really wanted to buy the Nic Cage for DbD, but its frustrating that if you buy it on Xbox or PC it isn't available on the other. I thought we were almost through with these annoying pricing issues.

I really want to like DbD a lot, but I feel like I'm always playing with people much much better than I am because I got into it so late.

Seeing everyone play Armored Core 6 while I’m on Silent Line is really tempting me to skip Nexus - For Answer.

Well maybe not 4 and 4A, those are the games I wanna see for myself for their fast paced gameplay, but I’m feeling tempted to skip Nexus since I’m getting little worn out of the slow-paced ones.

I beat Spiderman 2

A really fun game, it's not ground breaking but a really great time for Spiderman fans. The new Gliding makes moving through the city even better and while I feel the first game had a better ending, it's still overall very well done and hope we get DLC and hopefully a spin off game in a few years to tide us over for the third game in the series

Now Moving onto Dead Space 1 Remake and then Gotham Knights

I'm currently replaying Jedi: Fallen Order before finally playing Jedi: Survivor. Almost done with Fallen Order, mostly playing it for the PS5 trophies, but also to re-familiarize myself with the story and gameplay. Will probably take a bit of a break between the two games to jump over Xbox for the first time in literal years to play Dead Space. I had planned on playing Spider-Man 2 right out the gate, but with so many other things on my plate (including Alan Wake 2 that i'm also looking forward to jumping into and Starfield), i'm content for now with waiting a bit.

Hell, I still have RE: Village that i've been meaning to play since I finished RE7 in May and just never got around to it. Also haven't finished Hogwarts Legacy or even played through GoW: Ragnarok yet. Just my backlog along could take me months to finish even if I had no other obligations and could just focus on gaming.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm currently replaying Jedi: Fallen Order before finally playing Jedi: Survivor. Almost done with Fallen Order, mostly playing it for the PS5 trophies, but also to re-familiarize myself with the story and gameplay. Will probably take a bit of a break between the two games to jump over Xbox for the first time in literal years to play Dead Space. I had planned on playing Spider-Man 2 right out the gate, but with so many other things on my plate (including Alan Wake 2 that i'm also looking forward to jumping into and Starfield), i'm content for now with waiting a bit.

Hell, I still have RE: Village that i've been meaning to play since I finished RE7 in May and just never got around to it. Also haven't finished Hogwarts Legacy or even played through GoW: Ragnarok yet. Just my backlog along could take me months to finish even if I had no other obligations and could just focus on gaming.
RE Village is really fun

It felt like RE4 with some good scares but also some more campy fun characters

Reactions: Nick
Just finished Spider-man 2 on PS5 and it was awesome.
When I finished the main story I had some loose ends to do and my last mission was with Howard, a homeless man who asks you to relocate his pet dove. It's a simple fetch quest but the ending did hit so hard and had me in tears.
Now started with Baldur's Gate 3. Didn't know if I would like it but it's the best rpg I played in a long time. I'm only in for about 40 hours (started during my Spider-man playthrough) and I'm having so much fun. Everything you can come up with works.

With me having a bit of free time, over the weekend I finally got to playing Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.

I've been familiar with Shu Takumi's work thanks to the Ace Attorney series, which is one of my favorite game series out there. So it's a little surprising to me that this Ghost Trick didn't show up on my radar till recently. Granted, it didn't sell well initially, but thankfully due to its cult status and the recent remaster it was brought back to light.

And now that I've played and finished it...wow!

Like with the AA series, this game has a batch of quirky characters, good humor, spiritual shenanigans and some sheer absurdity in the mix, which is a bit of a given considering what the story and concept is.

For those unaware, the story/concept is you're a recently deceased spirit who's trying to figure out who they were, why they were killed and has until dawn to figure it all out. And they just so happen to have the ability to manipulate inanimate objects, and if they find a recent corpse not of their own, they can go back in time 4 minutes before that person's death to try and prevent it.

The spirit mechanics are pretty neat, and they add to it and switch things up fairly nicely as the game goes on. Some parts near the end get a little hectic, but it's nothing that totally derails the game.

And as for the story, this is definitely one of the strongest aspects of the game. The Ace Attorney series tell some pretty good stories, though that series is episodic, and the quality of the stories can be hit or miss depending on the cases and the characters in them. With Ghost Trick, its laser focused on one story with its cast of characters, so there's time for it to really build and for the characters to develop which makes this story all the stronger. The whole mystery hooked me in very quickly and it didn't let go until I finished it. The twists and reveals in this story are really well done, and it all neatly wraps up in an ending that absolutely sticks the landing.

All in all, this is a really good game and I can absolutely see why it gained a devoted following. It's pretty easy to get since the remaster is out on Switch and Steam, and if you do play it, I highly recommend going in as blind as possible, especially with the story. That's what I did, and it made all the twists better when they happened!

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Just finished Propagation: Paradise Hotel. Was a great VR horror game very much in the vein of the original Resident Evil down to the eerie nature of the game, good jump scares, stealth opportunities, and scavenging essentially required on harder difficulties.

Now playing Dead Space on Gamepass, getting Assassins Creed: Nexus on Quest tomorrow, and off in the distance will be Starfield.

Dead Space Remake...is really good

I think RE4 remake might edge it out but...yeah get to the half way point in Dead Space and.....ohh man, just great work team who made it.

Would loveeeeee to see Dead Space 2 remade and then DP3, the ice planet can work as a setting but the forced co op killed it

Been playing Alan Wake 2. Absolutely phenomenal game so far.
I'm excited to play it

I played the first one when it came out and excited to see how they handled the sequel but I'm waiting on a sale...I have too many games to catch up on to buy any more games day one. Super Mario RPG is my last new game for the year

Great to hear (and see via all its awards noms). I just played the original Alan Wake for the first time a few months ago and was pumped to find out that a sequel was on the way. It’s on my list for sure.
Check out Control if you haven’t yet, it ties in

Reactions: tielo and Jake S