Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m so interested in what happened between Uni and Proslide. Were they rushed? Personally, I’ve never heard of a Proslide having issues, and then all these problems with VB? Just so unexpected and definitely sucks to hear, as they really do make the best slides in the industry.

I hadn’t heard of this! I take it Proslide guaranteed a much higher capacity than the slides were able to provide?
They were definitely rushed...and the problems they’ve had are definitely VERY unusual for Proslide products. I personally think the Tapu Tapu system is flawed and put unnecessary stress on ride capacities. The park didn’t get much time to iron out any kinks when it opened.

Still, the attractions at that park are some of the best in central Florida and it would be a mistake to just completely dump Proslide after what happened.

This park is great, but it’s not exactly what I hoped it would be. I much prefer the mountain-esque landscaped/themed approach to slide towers over the metal staircase/towers that are found at 99% of parks around the world. You’re Universal. You have the cash. You could be the best. So close...but not quite.
Get that hydromagnetic mammoth, some traditional body slides, and a few other unique attractions built in this place to stand it apart.

It’s confusing and (IMO) poorly communicated but at VB, masks are required at shops, restaurants, the buses, the entrance, and the exit.
Correct.
It’s also required in the bathrooms.

And want it to be more confusing?
They enforce entrance, exit, shops and restaurants but they do not enforce the bathrooms even though they’re “required” and not “recommended”. So that’s fun.

Common sense would dictate the reason they don’t enforce at bathrooms is if you’re getting off a slide in one of the corners or are in the kid area and then someone needs to run off to the bathroom, they don’t have to go all the way to wherever their mask is and go put it on and go back to bathroom. I’m sure everybody just used it and ignored that sign (even TM previews and definitely today).

what’s also funny is the lockers have been closed but lockers will also “require” them. Except anyone who gets a locker is likely going to put their mask... in their locker while they go on the slides. So then they’ll have to get back in their locker to get their mask that is required at the lockers. :lol:

What a mess.
And we’re the ones who follow this, so think about ole Jeff and Dan headed up from Kissimmee.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Makes me wonder if I rode the new or old boats. I remember throwing my hands up on Krakatau Tuesday and almost flying out of my raft! How much faster could it get? :lol:

The original ones were better themed to the ride, but if these new ones in someway make the ride more intense or whatever, then sounds good to me.

So... they started with 4 seats but now have only 3?
There are still 4. In the photo, the man is sitting in row 3.

A few months before the parks closed, Krakatau began to phase out the canoes in favor of generic proslide rafts (like the new ones but all yellow). Glad to see themed rafts return! Apparently the switch had to do with the front seat riding position, but i haven’t heard much more other than that.

There are still 4. In the photo, the man is sitting in row 3.

A few months before the parks closed, Krakatau began to phase out the canoes in favor of generic proslide rafts (like the new ones but all yellow). Glad to see themed rafts return! Apparently the switch had to do with the front seat riding position, but i haven’t heard much more other than that.

Yeah, that checks out - I feel like this is the 3rd version of the ride vehicle. :p

Just announced today All June and august blackout dates dropped!!!!!
Damn! I was selfishly hoping it was going to be completely dead tomorrow :lol:
Happy for everybody else though. Even without the bans it was dead.

Volcano Bay has easily been the best part of the trip for our family. Not wearing masks is a welcome reprieve from the rest of the resort, to be completely honest. Combine that with no one around you and “ride now” all day on every ride; and it’s the most normal feeling and relaxing spot in all of UOR.

I haven't been to Volcano Bay. The Krakatau looks like two of the rides at my nearby waterpark. Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels built the Dragon's revenge in 94, and then the Master Blaster later. It's great to see the water coaster being created at other water parks. With the theming at Volcano Bay and these new water rides, VB must be a great park!