Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
so once you get your "tapu" alert....how long do you actually have to wait before you ride your slide. is there another wait when you get up to the slide?

If not, I bet you'll see more situations where the Tapu line becomes longer, so that the standby line shortens up a bit.

The TapuTapu line IS the standby line...

I believe someone said they aim to have no more than 15mins of wait once you're physically in line for the slide. So they can probably dynamically adjust your TapuTapu return time to keep the actual "waiting" part of your wait within that threshold.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long you have from being notified your wait is now over? Can you go back anytime after, or is there a cutoff?

Yea. I think today is for sure not a good look for the park. They weren't ready ops-wise and it shows. If this continues for a week or two more, then you start to worry. As of now it's disconcerting, but not a panic.

Yet.

For sure, I was thinking of going in November, when it's not crazy and the weather is cooler. I'm sure it will die down, but once again I ask myself this question. "Who in their right mind would ever want to go opening weekend?" It's just asking for trouble.

For sure, I was thinking of going in November, when it's not crazy and the weather is cooler. I'm sure it will die down, but once again I ask myself this question. "Who in their right mind would ever want to go opening weekend?" It's just asking for trouble.

People like being "first".

Yeah this was a pretty clear failure on Universal's part when it comes to one thing, and one thing only: hubris. They pushed hard on a tight deadline for the park so they could open against Disney and wound up having the same issues as Disney did with Frozen Ever After. This should've at least opened in mid-June with two weeks of soft openings to help iron the wrinkles out. But, hey, USF had a worse opening day!

Tapu Tapu's problems really are in managing capacity. Right now you can't get onto Krakatau, and has been since the early afternoon, which is a bit offsetting for many people hoping to make a half-day excursion here. Of course, some slides and lazy rivers are down but they need to work on settling into a healthy max cap. Hopefully they get there by mid-summer.

Gorgeous water park, though. Can't wait to see the nighttime photos.

Opening weekend on a holiday weekend.

With that being said, this is a pattern for Uni. They push for aggressive opening timelines and end up having to fix things for months to get up to speed. It doesn't matter as long as those problems are fixed, but it is getting a bit frustrating as a fan

With that being said, this is a pattern for Uni. They push for aggressive opening timelines and end up having to fix things for months to get up to speed. It doesn't matter as long as those problems are fixed, but it is getting a bit frustrating as a fan

Didn't they also say everyone would get a return time automatically assigned for the Aqua Coaster? So regardless of when you enter the park, shouldn't everyone be able to ride before leaving that wanted to? Or did they have a disclaimer saying it could get cut off by 2 PM everyday?

I'm honestly flustered on why they were so deadset on matching Disney with Avatar/Pandora. It's AVATAR and they're opening a water park. It's completely different markets. I'm guessing the higher-ups refused to miss out on Memorial Day weekend? But you clearly still could've done softs at that time and swallowed the crowd already guaranteed to be there.

But whatever, Universal gonna Universal

Reactions: brianlo and Andysol
I'm honestly flustered on why they were so deadset on matching Disney with Avatar/Pandora. It's AVATAR and they're opening a water park. It's completely different markets. I'm guessing the higher-ups refused to miss out on Memorial Day weekend? But you clearly still could've done softs at that time and swallowed the crowd already guaranteed to be there.

But whatever, Universal gonna Universal
Universal set their opening date first.

Have other places done soft openings for entirely new parks? It's not like a new land like Pandora or a new ride like Fallon, so people don't already go there. How would they have done soft openings? Just team members? Just UOAP who have already upgraded?