Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Been out of the country for 2 1/2 weeks, so for me to read the 45 pages that I've missed would take 13468 years.

With that in mind, I have one question for you guys:

Have things improved at all?

this depends on who you talk to. It appears if you are staying at an on-site hotel, get to the park at rope drop, you can do the majority of the slides before Tapu Tapu lines get above 2 hours. Have lunch and leave around 1-2pm. They've added bits of new theming here and there. They started heating the wave pool. They have also reduced the weight limit from 300 to 200 on two of their Volcano drop slides, which has excluded a large portion of their client base.
Food seems to be a mixed bag depending on who you talk to. Lines are typically long for food as well.
Also, don't rent a cabana. A lot of them simply aren't fully operational.

People were optimistic, when you set an opening date for anything the goal is for it to be ready for opening regardless of how off schedule the project is going. Its a deadline and that is the target so peoples expectations were optimistic as you would hope and expect for most things to be done. I think a lot here are very surprised at what was not actually complete and either the date was unrealistic or they got very off schedule. I am one of those people and great its not as done as I hoped or expressed before it opened but damn do you bang on about it, constantly now for weeks on weeks about how its not ready, yeah we can see that and your post clearly show that you are disgruntled with UNI for it but what are you trying to achieve going on about that same thing constantly over and over. Yeah you are free to express your opinion but we have known you damn opinion since the first week of opening and its painful to read.

But the evidence has been staring you in the face for months, you chose to ignore it in the name of Universal fanboyism. I'm far from disgruntled - but it's annoying when certain folks (like you) on here choose to cover their eyes and ears and scream "Everything is fine! Trust Universal!" when you have very good posters on here taking the time to give you a rational explanation as to why things won't be ready. And then everybody is so surprised when they get blowback online? What did you expect? Apparently, I have higher standards for our theme parks here in Orlando than you do.

And btw, four weeks ago the excuse was, 'Give it two weeks, give it three weeks, finishing touches etc.' Nothing substantial has changed the situation we were in when the place opened in May. When Universal makes advances on making the park better, I'll be the first one to provide words of gratitude. So in the future, watch your language, mind your business, and learn to accept reality.

Artificial vines and plants above the Fearless River through the Volcano. Great idea. A little bit of Pandora in Volcano Bay. :)

yeah, this was my thought too. Maybe they can borrow some plants from Pandora. LOL.

I just don't understand how they can do such a great job with theming, but totally miss the boat on their "not" lazy river. I mean since the majority of people will be using the river while they wait for tapu tapu, the rivers should have been complex and extremely detailed attractions.

Honestly, some really thick layers of bamboo and tropical plants will cover all of that right up. I'm as surprised as everyone else that they haven't done anything with it yet.

When the park was announced, I imagined floating into a volcanic cave with really high rockwork and waterfalls with brilliant red lighting effects. But I'll take thick, jungle-like foliage at this point.

Sure, let's talk about Volcano Bay in its current state. It's still not done, looks a lot like it did on opening day, and is showing no signs of future improvement on the immediate horizon. Maybe try asking that question in December before dismissing people based on their less than savory reactions to what is advertised as Universal's third theme park.

It's comical to me how the same people who didn't heed warning and constantly fought about the park not being ready back in April/May are the same ones arguing about its readiness in its current state. How about listening to the people who've been telling you about this all along for a change? Why is it so hard to accept reality? There's good things about VB and very bad things, but at the end of the day #itsnotready

Universal should build out their expansion, and tie-in any improvements with a re-grand opening next year. Let guests know about the enhanced experiences as a way to bring people back for a second go at the park.

Seems to me that improvements are coming online daily, I watched the tim tracker video which clearly showed this.

Wait times are improving too, also seen in the video and on Twitter.

We know it wasn't/isn't ready, we know they still have stuff to do, we know you're really annoyed about it but seriously can't your glass be half full instead off half empty? at least just a little bit.

Im far being being a "fanboy" nor do I think the park is ready but I do realise they are busting balls to put it right. Time to cut some slack eh?

This is all on the TMs and their managers.

Went on this multiple times, and they wait far too long to let the next rider go. One time, my wife came down after me and, as we all do, i scrambled to land to get to see her take the plunge. She wasn't released until about 60 seconds after i was out of the water.

They need to make this more efficient, by far.

Better safe than sorry I guess, things will improve with time, data and experience.

As someone previously mentioned, I think the cheapest, easiest solution would be a vine tunnel like this:
2923079594_86f30f62db_b.jpg

Would be effective and not that hard to implement. :shrug:

That was me eons ago, and I agree! It could look gorgeous, add in some firefly lights and BAM. magic.

Like it, goods idea.

But the evidence has been staring you in the face for months, you chose to ignore it in the name of Universal fanboyism. I'm far from disgruntled - but it's annoying when certain folks (like you) on here choose to cover their eyes and ears and scream "Everything is fine! Trust Universal!" when you have very good posters on here taking the time to give you a rational explanation as to why things won't be ready. And then everybody is so surprised when they get blowback online? What did you expect? Apparently, I have higher standards for our theme parks here in Orlando than you do.

And btw, four weeks ago the excuse was, 'Give it two weeks, give it three weeks, finishing touches etc.' Nothing substantial has changed the situation we were in when the place opened in May. When Universal makes advances on making the park better, I'll be the first one to provide words of gratitude. So in the future, watch your language, mind your business, and learn to accept reality.

Universal fanboyism!!? hahahah couldn't have made me laugh harder, I live in the UK thousands of miles away, been lucky enough in my life to visit orlando twice, why on earth would I be a fanboy of Universal and something that is thousands of miles away, I couldn't care less, its not like its on my door step for me to care enough and I'm not a teenager, I'm also a fanboy of nothing in life. Most here were optimistic and as I stated, I myself was surprised they didn't get so much done in time, I was also always pointing out whatever evidence I could find during construction that there was still things to be installed and that was up until a couple weeks before which they still had time, I then even pointed out the concrete footers had been removed being first to suggest the large rear portions or rock work were never going to make it. Most of my construction posts were pretty rational explanations to my thoughts and optimism based on the evidence of what was left to do as seen from the aerial photos we were analysing. I have not closed my eyes at all throughout the construction process and nearly all construction projects run late or off schedule, Universal set their opening date well in advance of it opening so it was pretty rational to expect they would have a majority of things done by that date otherwise why set it? Turns out they didn't meet those dates with completion, big deal, if I had payed to go in the last few weeks I would have been pretty annoyed about how much was left unfinished and still is, if I were a season pass holder I would be annoyed too, but I'm not local so I don't really care.

I enjoyed the construction thread the most and it wasn't until the last few weeks of construction until the likes of yourself and some other doom and gloomers made an appearance and filled that and this thread with nothing but negativity and it just continues every day since then. People present there opinions good or bad but then there people like yourself who seem to have very little positive things to say in general and it is pretty evident by all of your posts, creates a toxic environment to this thread and others and that consistency of your repetitive negativity is almost border line trolling.

They aren't going to put anything else in the Fearless River minus a few plants it seems

I overheard many people saying "dang it's so intricate up there" while floating down the river...I think they should plant the rest of the stuff and just leave it honestly

Universal fanboyism!!? hahahah couldn't have made me laugh harder, I live in the UK thousands of miles away, been lucky enough in my life to visit orlando twice, why on earth would I be a fanboy of Universal and something that is thousands of miles away, I couldn't care less, its not like its on my door step for me to care enough and I'm not a teenager, I'm also a fanboy of nothing in life. Most here were optimistic and as I stated, I myself was surprised they didn't get so much done in time, I was also always pointing out whatever evidence I could find during construction that there was still things to be installed and that was up until a couple weeks before which they still had time, I then even pointed out the concrete footers had been removed being first to suggest the large rear portions or rock work were never going to make it. Most of my construction posts were pretty rational explanations to my thoughts and optimism based on the evidence of what was left to do as seen from the aerial photos we were analysing. I have not closed my eyes at all throughout the construction process and nearly all construction projects run late or off schedule, Universal set their opening date well in advance of it opening so it was pretty rational to expect they would have a majority of things done by that date otherwise why set it? Turns out they didn't meet those dates with completion, big deal, if I had payed to go in the last few weeks I would have been pretty annoyed about how much was left unfinished and still is, if I were a season pass holder I would be annoyed too, but I'm not local so I don't really care.

I enjoyed the construction thread the most and it wasn't until the last few weeks of construction until the likes of yourself and some other doom and gloomers made an appearance and filled that and this thread with nothing but negativity and it just continues every day since then. People present there opinions good or bad but then there people like yourself who seem to have very little positive things to say in general and it is pretty evident by all of your posts, creates a toxic environment to this thread and others and that consistency of your repetitive negativity is almost border line trolling.

I happily recall walking down to the end of the hallway at the (older) CBBR tower to peek in on Construction.

This is from 2/2016...man the resort has come a long way since then!!

35375810996_e6a18b17c3_k.jpg

So while walking around the Reef area I got a look at the Geysers, some of them have plywood over them and some are just flooded with rain water. Don't know if they'll be operating anytime soon. Also, ops at Puihi said that they have seen the geysers shooting up only a few times.

So while walking around the Reef area I got a look at the Geysers, some of them have plywood over them and some are just flooded with rain water. Don't know if they'll be operating anytime soon. Also, ops at Puihi said that they have seen the geysers shooting up only a few times.

Maybe they're still having that water pressure issue?

Playing Devil's Advocate, but aren't movies 100% ready on their release date?
Not always.... I can name several that were rushed to completion and ended up not looking remotely what was intended. The difference with a movie is you rarely get a chance to fix it once it opens.