Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't mind the birds situation, I know they'll probably have fake owls/birds of prey in backstage areas and other humane repellents in the park, I was thinking more people throwing stuff off the volcano/from the ground into the coaster slide.
I know it's gonna be rare but some jerk will try it, just look at DD.

I don't mind the birds situation, I know they'll probably have fake owls/birds of prey in backstage areas and other humane repellents in the park, I was thinking more people throwing stuff off the volcano/from the ground into the coaster slide.
I know it's gonna be rare but some jerk will try it, just look at DD.

Again, anywhere where guests can interfere with ride - is blocked off or netted off. It won't be an issue.

Oh did you? Because I saw quite a few that said the opposite. For every 1 negative tweet, there were 5 positives of people who had a great time. The negatives were complaining because the park was crowded. I get people are going to complain but I also see a lot of people trolling who aren't even there so take with grain of salt.

One worker did confirm that every division had guest complaints but one but I don't know what division she works.

I did indeed, and I didn't mean to offend by pointing them out. I just feel bad for the poor people who have to deal with all the complaints. Even more already on twitter from today. I hope they can work out the kinks fast, so Volcano Bay can start to shine.

For the sanity of all - let's not get back into the Water Theme Park talk. It's well-themed, and it's a water park. We know it was mostly for marketing.

The only thing I want to add is I am so excited for the day someone actually builds a water theme park! It will be so amazing. Dark ride lazy rivers, story themed water coasters, water slides with dark ride portions, could put in a splash mountain type log flume... rapids rides... it's endless. I want. Make it happen. You're the guy for us.

So, what's the buzz/chatter like today at VB?
I'm not into social media so I was wondering how things were going today versus yesterday?

WaterWorld in Colorado has a water slide within a dark ride.

I will admit, I expected something like this (just more... yeah haha) in Volcano Bay. But I'm perfectly fine with the lovely park that's currently there.

How neat! I really was kind of hoping for this also, maybe one day one of our Orlando parks will build something like this. Hopefully the yet to open river will showcase a bit of this.

Based on a short video posted on Universals official twitter it seems like the other lazy river is up and running!

After finally making it through all these comments :look: these are my thoughts:

I think the park as a fun day out looks fantastic. If I've managed to have a great time at Wet n Wild in all it's bareness, I have zero doubt that I will have an even better time here with all the thrills of Wet n Wild and the higher end theming.

I'm slightly disappointed that it's not complete but honestly, I don't really care as I'm not going to be there until next year at the earliest. The problem with theming a park on this scale is that the last 10% of it is the hardest. Sure, we all know that this is a park between CBBR and the I4 but seeing exposed steel, scaffolding and lifts take you out of that world away that they've tried to create. I have no doubt that in a few weeks or months, everything will be where Universal wants it to be.

I think I'm going to bail out of this thread as it's been 10 pages of the same old thing and I think for the most part, I've seen everything that I need to see until I take my first steps inside the park.

It's been a fun couple of years watching this park rise from nothing.