Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 444 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to UO's Twitter, you will have to take a bus (or water taxi) to the transportation hub in CityWalk, and then hop on the shuttle if you want to get to Volcano Bay from any resort hotel except Cabana Bay. Sucks that there isn't direct transportation, but I can see why.

With the wave wall I'm surprised they don't just put in some padded bumpers. The occasional raft would hit them and bounce off but most would miss it, but certainly no one would be going over.

New update from OrlanDave featuring a look at lighting tests for the grand opening!

Also, a vid from ThrillGeek!

My friend who works at Universal has told me that none of the Volcano slides will be up opening day, not even the aquacoaster... :eek: Apparently that hasn't even been fully signed off on yet. They are already preparing for a lot of compensation.

According to UO's Twitter, you will have to take a bus (or water taxi) to the transportation hub in CityWalk, and then hop on the shuttle if you want to get to Volcano Bay from any resort hotel except Cabana Bay. Sucks that there isn't direct transportation, but I can see why.

That seems poorly thought out. I imagine you'd be faster walking from SF and RPR by the time you pass through security.

I doubt they keep the water stored, that would be a huge tank. I also doubt it was because of dirty water. there were workmen under the wave outputs yesterday, maybe theres areas that can only be accessed via the wave pool outputs?

That seems poorly thought out. I imagine you'd be faster walking from SF and RPR by the time you pass through security.

Very poorly thought out. Why, exactly, can they not run a bus loop to the other 4? They have the shuttle that takes you to and from the parks in case of inclement weather, etc. How would this be different? Get 2-3 more of those things up and running and do pickups every 10-15 mins.
A little confused here why they're making it inconvenient for the on-site deluxes. Boat to Bus is not a short distance or convenient by any means (lots of stairs and/or ramps). Guess all we can do is respond to surveys on this one :)

Very poorly thought out. Why, exactly, can they not run a bus loop to the other 4? They have the shuttle that takes you to and from the parks in case of inclement weather, etc. How would this be different? Get 2-3 more of those things up and running and do pickups every 10-15 mins.
A little confused here why they're making it inconvenient for the on-site deluxes. Boat to Bus is not a short distance or convenient by any means (lots of stairs and/or ramps). Guess all we can do is respond to surveys on this one :)

I can understand Universal not wanting their buses leaving the resort which they would have to if they went from the hotels to the main entrance (not the bus drop off area for parking) but this whole thing baffles me. There is about 2 or 3 better ways to do this.

Maybe it's a temporary thing to try and lower the people heading there.

Agreed, we'll be there in June and I asked several pages back if you could walk from any resort to VB. Most people assumed the answer was yes. BTW, I know its a long walk, but we were prepared to do it. The great thing about Universal is the convenience of walking between the hotels, the Parks and City Walk. I think this was a huge miss on their part. Who knows, maybe they're working on something that's not ready yet.

This is the test and adjust period. They will adjust.

Reactions: Ryan
Agreed, we'll be there in June and I asked several pages back if you could walk from any resort to VB. Most people assumed the answer was yes. BTW, I know its a long walk, but we were prepared to do it. The great thing about Universal is the convenience of walking between the hotels, the Parks and City Walk. I think this was a huge miss on their part. Who knows, maybe they're working on something that's not ready yet.

You can definitely still walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.