Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 443 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see even after yesterday's preview, the wave pool has been drained again. Wonder why? Must be 3/4 times in the last week it's been filled and drained...
Out of curiosity, anyone know a rough estimate on how much it costs to fill it up?

My guess is that the perimeter slides open with the park on Thursday and that the volcano slides (drop slides, mat slides, water coaster) open at a later date. Also can't see the action river being open considering that it goes right through the construction zone.

@Teebin, do you think the dried out bamboo that they've been planting is salvageable? When they did landscaping work for the TM garage and Cabana Bay, I don't remember any of the plants looking as dry as the VBay ones do. I know we're in a drought but are they even going to survive at this point?
No way. Universals not that stupid

Reports are that team members were swimming in dirty water .

I didn't see all of those twitter post saying so- maybe I missed them. OR... you're getting your information from the same place you pass your digested food.

I know it's one of those. But which... :tongue:

Again, I'm not sure if its 100% true about the water but it's what I heard.

Edit- Something similar is being told here in this video. Can be a joke but...forward to 1:45
I'm sure it'll be fine for the opening.

If you have an athletic build and weigh 275 or heavier tou'll hardly ever get called to be weighed in my experience. They are keyed on the "rotund" ones . I've been as heavy as 330 but with a very athletic build at 6'2 and never been summons to weigh. Hell, at 255, I'm in size 33 jeans. I at 280 right now and I bet I've never singled out to weigh.

My only issue over the years have been OTSRs on coasters I am very broad shoulders and chested.

I'm really only go by WnW experience, but they must use scales at any water park that uses multi person rafts. I mean, when that accident happened at that water park last summer, most of the stories I read said that the three occupants on the slide could not have met the minimum safe riding weight.

Anyway, it is not like they pull you out of line to weigh you, they need to know the weight in raft. Next time you are at a water park and they stage you in a group, watch the attendants eyes and I bet they are looking at a display (that is not facing you) where they see what the group weighs.

Weight has an impact on momentum and there are safe operating parameters that must be followed.

This has nothing to do with looks, body types, or perceptions and everything to do with safety/liability.

If any of you recall... when they were creating the complex foundations, to the left beneath the volcano there was built something that appeared to be a massive water holding tank. While I am sure they need to supplement the water supply, I believe it is possible that all the wave pool water is being stored and filtered throughout the day.

If any of you recall... when they were creating the complex foundations, to the left beneath the volcano there was built something that appeared to be a massive water holding tank. While I am sure they need to supplement the water supply, I believe it is possible that all the wave pool water is being stored and filtered throughout the day.
My guess would be the reservoir for the wave machine?

People were offered free park tickets the first week USF was open because nothing worked (except ET.) But I doubt everything will be down the first day like that.
Same thing on opening Day at EPCOT - everything broke down and they had a huge table set up for refunds

I'm really only go by WnW experience, but they must use scales at any water park that uses multi person rafts. I mean, when that accident happened at that water park last summer, most of the stories I read said that the three occupants on the slide could not have met the minimum safe riding weight.

Anyway, it is not like they pull you out of line to weigh you, they need to know the weight in raft. Next time you are at a water park and they stage you in a group, watch the attendants eyes and I bet they are looking at a display (that is not facing you) where they see what the group weighs.

Weight has an impact on momentum and there are safe operating parameters that must be followed.

This has nothing to do with looks, body types, or perceptions and everything to do with safety/liability.

Wow, that is close. You can see why they added that piece, but it looks like it might not even be enough.

Agreed. You get the right weight and positioning of a rider on that curve and they're heading over the side of that thing. A little scary indeed. I'm surprised they just didn't design a bigger wall to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.