Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 437 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live feed from inside Volcano Bay:

giphy.gif

Once again, I am not freaking out over this.

There's like, fully unfinished huts by the kids area near the volcano. My hairs turning grey watching them haha. So stressed haha.

The timing was not planned, but we will be there for 12 days starting next week.

i did *not* register for the AP preview. i ain't going first on those things! :p

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Just saw Bio's aerials. My finger knuckle hurts from me biting it over and over and OVER again...

5 days... and they are still standing around scratching their hard hats

They're going to have to hang a shingle outside that says, "FREE DRINKS - TOP SHELF!".
They can play film on Universal Studio's Grand Opening on the Jumbotron, or the ladies whose high heels got stuck in the juicy just laid asphalt for Disneyland's opening media day. ;):)....if everything was ready to go, that just wouldn't be right or historically faithful. :lol:

Reactions: Joel and tielo
I am pretty positive that the aqua coaster has been testing for a while now at night. We have seen multiple raft types in and around the station for months now. It is obvious from Bio's pics today that the final themed rafts are in the station. I bet they have been testing at night when other trades aren't working on the volcano surrounding areas since the slide is open directly below where a lot of work is being done.

I am surprised the mat slides don't seem to be ready yet. Those were one of the first slides to have all their pieces installed. They don't even have the cover for the conveyor belt fully installed yet and it was one of the first to be installed. Just odd to me is all. I am sure it will be done soon.

I am curious what all the work at the drop slide platform is. It seems there has been a LOT of activity up there for a while now. 3 drop capsules can't be that complex can they? The stairs and railing also seem relatively 'simple' but yet seem to be taking a while. I wonder what is also up there...

Reactions: Joel
They can play film on Universal Studio's Grand Opening on the Jumbotron, or the ladies whose high heels got stuck in the juicy just laid asphalt for Disneyland's opening media day. ;):)....if everything was ready to go, that just wouldn't be right or historically faithful. :lol:

Jaws on repeat.
I am pretty positive that the aqua coaster has been testing for a while now at night. We have seen multiple raft types in and around the station for months now. It is obvious from Bio's pics today that the final themed rafts are in the station. I bet they have been testing at night when other trades aren't working on the volcano surrounding areas since the slide is open directly below where a lot of work is being done.

I am surprised the mat slides don't seem to be ready yet. Those were one of the first slides to have all their pieces installed. They don't even have the cover for the conveyor belt fully installed yet and it was one of the first to be installed. Just odd to me is all. I am sure it will be done soon.

I am curious what all the work at the drop slide platform is. It seems there has been a LOT of activity up there for a while now. 3 drop capsules can't be that complex can they? The stairs and railing also seem relatively 'simple' but yet seem to be taking a while. I wonder what is also up there...

I think the water coaster has as well. The rafts were in place about a month ago and I think @Disneyhead confirmed it.

I think the mat slides are being delayed because of continued work on the volcano and the close proximity.

Reactions: Jonea32
I just can't believe I drove past this and it was just bare land. It's looking amazing.
Are the railings for the stairs up the volcano glass?

Last edited:
Most construction projects come down to the wire. On Tuesday Soak City at Knott's was un-landscaped, messy and rushing to get their expansion done but opened this morning and was lush, beautiful (by Soak City's standards) and fully operational. There's really no reason to be concerned.

Reactions: Joel
If they leave all that exposed steel I'm going to be very very very mad. I'm praying they cover that up. Also had a dream the steel below the red drop capsule slide was covered with bamboo

Reactions: universal_fanatic
We are just having fun talking about how far behind they might be as there is NOTHING else to talk about except some 2-bit hotels they might build. So let some of us rant and rave while others state that it is all normal and they can have it ready in no-time... which is a good thing because, practically no-time is what they have right now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.