Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the most that'll happen is your plants will die if you don't protect them properly.

In the city or large mega developments it tends to not be as bad because all the concrete and pavement holds the heat of the day. I lived in the countryside and it was a horror show at times.

Fun fact that I learned after it got down to 24 on my front lawn yet the next day there was no damage at all. I was baffled so I called the weather department at one of the local news stations in Orlando. Turns out that if the dew point is crazy low which it had been, then no moisture will collect on the leaves and no damage will occur after a few hours.

In the city or large mega developments it tends to not be as bad because all the concrete and pavement holds the heat of the day. I lived in the countryside and it was a horror show at times.

Fun fact that I learned after it got down to 24 on my front lawn yet the next day there was no damage at all. I was baffled so I called the weather department at one of the local news stations in Orlando. Turns out that if the dew point is crazy low which it had been, then no moisture will collect on the leaves and no damage will occur after a few hours.
Doesn't the dew point come into play for that as well?

Volcano Bay is so "far" from the main TM parking I assumed it'd use the Cabana Bay garage or something. How big is the little garage?

Also - windows? Are we sure that's a garage?

Like you said, the main TM parking area is pretty far removed from this area when you are talking about efficiency in getting to work on time so it makes sense to have a small-ish onsite garage for employees. Maybe @Teebin can confirm if a garage was planned or not?

But why when they can transport the employess like they are doing with everyone else?

Everyone else clears security and then is bused around on interior roads. During construction Cabana Bay TMs would park at the main lot and get bused over, but there's a lot fewer of them at any given time than there's going to be needed to operate Volcano Bay.

And the main lot is very much at its limits for capacity.

Reactions: Nick
Maybe @Teebin can confirm if a garage was planned or not?

I cannot confirm. It was not included in the early "things" that I saw. It seems Universal has gotten carried away with mini garages these days if that is what it is. Perhaps the windows part might be for park management?

And look at all the space between this structure and the first slide north of there. Right now it is construction trailers. I wonder what they will do with that area? ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel
I cannot confirm. It was not included in the early "things" that I saw. It seems Universal has gotten carried away with mini garages these days if that is what it is. Perhaps the building part might be for park management?

Isn't the next lot or so over UC's offices and warehouses and such?

Reactions: Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.