Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I may have a issue whether this is theme park or not, I will say the types of slides going in is impressive. When I think of theme park I think of what families can do together. They have upped the waterpark doings with multiple family rafts and activity slides and sections throughout. I'm actually pretty excited about that. May have to change my stance. lol

I think it puts the park more firmly in the "theme park" category as that's a ride - not just a flume you go down with a tube or raft. It'll need ride operators and such - moreso than anything I've ever seen at a water park.

I think the loading platform is going to be what's really going to set it apart. You've got a ride with some good height but you enter slightly above ground level. In my head, I would like it to load similar to HRRR to keep the queue constantly moving but I think the platform could be too dangerous for bare feet.

The technology that is being used for the water coaster has been around for a long time. I believe Wildebeest at Splashin Safari Holiday World was the first to use this tech in 2010. The load station will most likely be a conveyor belt. It will be interesting to see if it will be continuously moving or not. Most of these LIM water coasters are continuously moving but this is the first LIM one that launches directly into the ride instead of going up a conveyor lift.

Also, Crush'n Gusher is no where near the first water coaster. The first water coaster was built at Schliterbahn New Braunfuls in the mid 90's (1994 I believe). Hard to believe the tech has been around for 20+ years! I love the original Dragon Blaster water coaster. It starts low and slowly goes higher and higher with the water jets culminating in the largest drop from the tallest height to end the ride. Such a great ride.

Volcano Bay's water coaster seems to have a great mix of hills and turns with a couple of potentially good 'air time' bunny hop type hills.

The technology that is being used for the water coaster has been around for a long time. I believe Wildebeest at Splashin Safari Holiday World was the first to use this tech in 2010. The load station will most likely be a conveyor belt. It will be interesting to see if it will be continuously moving or not. Most of these LIM water coasters are continuously moving but this is the first LIM one that launches directly into the ride instead of going up a conveyor lift.

Also, Crush'n Gusher is no where near the first water coaster. The first water coaster was built at Schliterbahn New Braunfuls in the mid 90's (1994 I believe). Hard to believe the tech has been around for 20+ years! I love the original Dragon Blaster water coaster. It starts low and slowly goes higher and higher with the water jets culminating in the largest drop from the tallest height to end the ride. Such a great ride.

Volcano Bay's water coaster seems to have a great mix of hills and turns with a couple of potentially good 'air time' bunny hop type hills.
For the record I didn't say Crush N' Gusher was the first ever. I said that tech had come a long way since it, which it has. It's the only other one I've been on, so it's the only one I can compare the VB one with.

Reactions: Mike S
For the record I didn't say Crush N' Gusher was the first ever. I said that tech had come a long way since it, which it has. It's the only other one I've been on, so it's the only one I can compare the VB one with.
It was the first one in Florida though if we're looking for a comparison. The difference from the first to the second is going to be leaps and bound different.

Reactions: Mike S
I think the loading platform is going to be what's really going to set it apart. You've got a ride with some good height but you enter slightly above ground level. In my head, I would like it to load similar to HRRR to keep the queue constantly moving but I think the platform could be too dangerous for bare feet.

I think they can make it safe enough. I mean if they let people ride conveyers like at Atlantis there is no reason not to have a continuous belt.

5271891-8-_Going_up_the_little_conveyor_belt_to_the_rapids-0.jpg

Really slow on the construction updates at the moment, it will all come at once from everyone.

Anyway Quick update from Bioreconstruct but not too much to see other than a little progress on the new yellow slide.

I like this photo too, especially the worker on the right of the photo casually standing on the edge of that scaffolding!

Status
Not open for further replies.