Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm seeing, it's looking like they really are trying to leverage this park to make people stay on Universal property longer and spend less money at WDW.

Pretty much an extension of what Uni has been doing for years ever since Comcast took over.
I strongly agree. When we were doing our long Universal vacations on site 6 years ago, we rarely ran into anyone staying long like us. Now, we are constantly talking with other tourists who stay on site for quite a few days. And, it appears that the onsite hotels have really high occupancy, per Comcast press announcements, and the scarcity of available rooms whenever I search for vacations far in advance. I used to be able to book good rooms (and that was with only three hotels on site) a couple of weeks before leaving. Now I have to book 6 months ahead to get a decent priced standard room. Looks like the plan is working.

I think it's great Universal tries to not make their waterpark a kiddy or teenage dumping ground for lazy local parents.
When you want to enjoy Universal's resort investing in that ticket is a no brainer.

When the crowd dies down there will be more affordable ways to enter I guess.

Reactions: GAcoaster and Joel
I think it's great Universal tries to not make their waterpark a kiddy or teenage dumping ground for lazy local parents.
When you want to enjoy Universal's resort investing in that ticket is a no brainer.

When the crowd dies down there will be more affordable ways to enter I guess.
Yeah. It's kind of like the lazy river at Cabana. By requiring you to bring or buy your own flotation device it keeps the crowds down. CBBR was actually the first lazy river I could relax in and enjoy since it wasn't crazy crowded.....Hopefully Universal will be able to get a comfortable compromise on VB, moderately affordable price packages and keeping the hordes of dumped teenagers from over crowding the park. I don't think we'll see any $50 season passes in this park. They don't want another Wet & Wild of large, young local teenage dominated, crowds that don't spend much money.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I would have to think that they would offer the tickets at around 70-85 USD. Mainly due to that A.) it's a brand new water park, B.) It is more elaborately themed than WnW/Aquatica, C.) The Tapu Tapu being most likely included within admission to the park and D.) It's apart of a massive resort that has two theme parks, a high end entertainment district; and six (counting the upcoming Adventura) hotels that will cater a lot of capacity.

I do imagine that much like what USF and IOA are doing now, they will be offering VB in seasonal ticket pricing; and that could be the most telling on one day admission.

^ I was thinking this may be Tapu Tapu as well. Universal already works with accesso with the Q-bot technology in the parks so they already have that relationship.

Reactions: Joel

^ I was thinking this may be Tapu Tapu as well. Universal already works with accesso with the Q-bot technology in the parks so they already have that relationship.

Seems pretty likely that this will be the Volcano Bay System, but I do have some doubt as I remember seeing a Uni Exec talking on a recent promo video about how proud they were that the Tapu Tapu system had been designed and produced in house.

Sorry but can't find the video I am thinking about to back this up, I swear I saw it though, anyone?

Seems pretty likely that this will be the Volcano Bay System, but I do have some doubt as I remember seeing a Uni Exec talking on a recent promo video about how proud they were that the Tapu Tapu system had been designed and produced in house.

Sorry but can't find the video I am thinking about to back this up, I swear I saw it though, anyone?
Uhhh. You sure you didn't remember "seeing" the video after a long night at Mangos with the gang? :cheers::lol:

I believe they were talking about the software. Who knows about the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.