Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean it sounds alright, and probably a net positive gain over Shrek, but it's just not something I see a lot of people excited for. Maybe it's just coming at a bad time off the heels of Velocicoaster and 2 years before Epic Universe, but still it seems fairly underwhelming. It's a shame that they're not going with the dark ride concept since I actually think this could be a good theme and setting for a family dark ride.

It's a shame that they're not going with the dark ride concept since I actually think this could be a good theme and setting for a family dark ride.

A dark ride at the front of the park to break up all the screen-based attractions in that general area is exactly what USF needs in the worst way.

Here's @Alicia 's new video on the attraction:

I always appreciate @Alicia 's reporting and presentation. My thoughts on this attraction's (hypothetical) merit remain unchanged, however!

It’ll be interesting to see how they are gonna make guests to move forward during the attraction while making sure they’re not staying at certain areas of the moving walkway for too long. The shooting interaction does sound fun enough to go there more than once, and I also think it makes sense for the Studios to have another interactive attraction like MIB but without the need of a height requirement for kids.

Reactions: londonwerecat
It’ll be interesting to see how they are gonna make guests to move forward during the attraction while making sure they’re not staying at certain areas of the moving walkway for too long. The shooting interaction does sound fun enough to go there more than once, and I also think it makes sense for the Studios to have another interactive attraction like MIB but without the need of a height requirement for kids.
Is the conveyor always going to be moving? Or is it going to have stops at each “station”?

Exactly the sort of small attraction the park needs for kids. No ride vehicles means no height requirement so more can ride. Win win.

If we're talking the "scale" of the attraction, definitely. USF (and IOA... and pretty much every theme park in Orlando besides Magic Kingdom) could definitely use more new B-ticket and C-ticket level offerings.

But USF 100% does not need more "stare at screens" attractions. And it remains to be seen how smoothly the logistics of this experience will play-out.

Last edited: