Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Opening Date announced for Aug 11.

Last edited:
Not at the park today, but messing around with app and I’m pretty surprised with how in-depth it is with customization options and missions

I rode this twice on Saturday. It was fun, but a bit chaotic. I think one thing they should do is make the points totals lower. On my second ride through I got like 1115240 points or something and I typed it specifically like that as there's no comma separators, so it was over a million points and I'm just a casual player not knowing what I'm doing. I think the points should be like 1/10th, more like what we see on Midway Mania, so it's easier to read. Also there's a TINY screen on the blaster itself that tells you your points total, but it's very small and it shows you other indicators as well.

I was impressed with the theming for what you'd probably consider a C-ticket or D-ticket in Disney terms and it's a big upgrade over Shrek IMO.

It will be fun to get more details about what things do what. I was mostly trying to aim at the villains directly instead of the other boxes, etc.

Edit: Also, I didn't try the in-app stuff. I was having a TON of problems trying to get the menu in Minion Cafe to load already, so I kind of gave up on using the app for stuff. Side note: The pork sandwich at Minion Cafe was EXCELLENT!!

Not at the park today, but messing around with app and I’m pretty surprised with how in-depth it is with customization options and missions
I think this is going to be a pendulum swing for opinions of the ride IMO. The app now adds the “purpose”.
This gets into a larger question about whether or not it's a good thing that a theme park attraction requires your phone to fully experience it as-intended.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
This gets into a larger question about whether or not it's a good thing that a theme park attraction requires your phone to fully experience it as-intended.
I mean, it’s 2023. A majority of people have smart phones now. The small percentage that doesn’t can still get a “full experience”. The app plays a larger role for rerides.

Reactions: saint.piss
I mean, it’s 2023. A majority of people have smart phones now. The small percentage that doesn’t can still get a “full experience”. The app plays a larger role for rerides.
Well, I might have misinterpreted your comment about the app now giving the attraction its purpose. To me, that suggests it's kind of not the full experience without it, but I haven't been on the attraction or looked at the app, so I don't know!

Also, I'm far from a Luddite, but I don't love the increasing trend across the major theme park companies to kind of force me to continuously need to be actively using my phone to get the most out of my day.

Like I said, that's a larger conversation (for some other thread, probably).

Well, I might have misinterpreted your comment about the app now giving the attraction its purpose. To me, that suggests it's kind of not the full experience without it, but I haven't been on the attraction or looked at the app, so I don't know!

Also, I'm far from a Luddite, but I don't love the increasing trend across the major theme park companies to kind of force me to continuously need to be actively using my phone to get the most out of my day.

Like I said, that's a larger conversation (for some other thread, probably).

Yeah - “purpose” prob wrong verbiage to use.

Reactions: Nico and belloq87